What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Razer Keyboard

A

Anonymous Bat

Hello guys after long time of trying to find good mechanical keyboard i found  good one and i did bought it from some israel company that provode shipment to israel from american ( amazon and aloplt of companies in american not including israel to shipment list so that company provideing shipment services) 

So yea today finely i got my keboard and with it suprisly i got another Keyboard well i have no idea why i got another  one ( well i need to check my credit card payment list and check if i payed for another one by mistake or by company mistake) so my original orders is as far as i wanted is razer blackwindow unlimate stealth 2016 edition

And with it i got the razer blackwindow unlimate 

So i gone probly keep the 2016 edition and if i did pay extra i refund/retrieve the other one to the company ( well i hope i didnt payed extra and if i didnt i probly gone keep it) 

So you probly asking youtselvs what your point in all of that 

So i like to ask wich Keyboard  i should keep well my thinking is that the 2016 better but its just some words that doing fancy so what are you thinking?

‏?s=09?s=09‏ ‎‎@Reuven_Aviton12: ‏https://twitter.com/Reuven_Aviton12/status/734776365380165632?s=09

From what I understand, these keyboards are identical apart from the mechanical switches they use.

A Razer Green is basically a Cherry MX Blue and a Razer Orange is a Cherry MX Brown.

Blue.gif

Green (Blue) switches are great for typing and give an amazingly satisfying tactile feedback. They're very fucking loud to type on though. You can see in the picture above that it has a physical moving switch which is separate to the key mechanic, which gives it it's "click" feeling.

Brown.gif

Orange (Brown) switches are a middle-point between Cherry MX Blue and Cherry MX Red. They give both good feedback and have a low activation point making it a good choice for somebody that does a lot of typing, but also plays games.

Red.gif

Red, if you're interested, has a very low activation point so responds a lot faster than other switches. I have a Cherry MX 6.0 keyboard which has red switches, and it often means I swerve off the road when driving in Arma as my I rest my fingers on A and D and the slightest push will activate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have two USBs and a headphone (aux) cable.

Usually what it is is: one of the USBs is to power the Keyboard and connect it to the PC. The other USB allows you to plug in USB devices to the keyboard.
It could be that it requires a lot of power however, so may require two USBs to power it.

The aux is so you can plug headphones into the keyboard (saves you fucking around the back of your PC plugging it in each time).

I have got the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, and that uses 2 USB ports aswell so that's it bassicly ;) just plug the 2 of them in.

the Blackwidow only uses one usb plug, the other one if for the usb port on the right side of the keyboard and so are the two other cables (mic and headphones)

Keep the stealth one as Razer Orange is a pretty nice alternative to a mix between red/brown switches

Personal preference tbh

Love my razor keyboard...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My next upgrade will be a new kb and mouse. Almost defo razer. 

My next upgrade will be a new kb and mouse. Almost defo razer. 
For what it's worth, Vlad, I've had three Razer Mouses and all three broke within a year be it that the sensor starting skipping or the cord broke and fucked with the mouse's performance. They're really good at replacing them free of charge but at the same time, you don't want to have to keep getting them replaced.

I've been using a Logitech G502 I got for free at the SMITE World Championship 2015 and it's worked a dream ever since. In this same vain, I've steered clear of Razer Keyboards because of this. I highly suggest seeking out the more independent mechanical keyboard manufacturers than the big boys. You may have to pay a little bit more, but I've found the build structure to be a lot more solid. In the past three years I've had the QPAD MK80 (spilled monster on it), QPAD MK85 (got the Cherry for free), and the Cherry MX 6.0.

If you do want to go big boy brands, I'd suggest Logitech's newer Mechanical series over pretty much any other name (Razer, Steelseries etc.), unless you're going for the loyality "I want all of the same brand" type deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back