What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

RDM? It's called self defense.

I've been playing on this server for about a month now on and off. I have never had any problems with self-defense until I defended myself from what I believe to be an admin.

The back story is: me and my friend were doing cocaine runs, and about 10 minutes before the incident  we ran into a couple of bandits with helicopters. We managed to get away through all their gun fire and I told them I would get them back for this.

10 minutes later, on our way back to the city, we see what I believed to be one of the bandits in a landed helicopter. He left the vehicle and ran for cover, at this point I had left our own vehicle and ran for cover too. My friend drove the car to distract his attention away from me, and he took the bait. He fired shots at my friend and in retaliation I killed him.

We began to pick the locks on his helicopter and after a failed attempt, 2 more helicopters arrived. One helicopter landed on the hill in the distance, and the other on top of my friend, thus killing them both and blowing up all the vehicles at that scene. 

Shots from the helicopter on the hills then began to fire at me. At this point I began to run. 3 Minutes later I got banned for RDM.

Could you explain to me what I did wrong please.

Thank you for your consideration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-Game Name: Dr. W. Blanc

GUID: 9e30e53ea8d1e43889d91451b8a9d1

Time of incident: Approximately 00:45am on Thursday 01/05/2014

1st. we have never met you in here before

2nd. you started to shoot at our guy

3rd. thats called RDM and not RP 

4th. i have seen REDA RDM before on this server

so stop cry you started and failed

I only shot at your "guy" because he shot at my friend.

Firstly, how does my reputation on the server matter for this case. Secondly, How is self-defence considered RDM? Its quite childish that you get your friends to ban me for the loss of 2 of your helicopters. Thirdly, how does my friend's history affect my outcome?

I would like an external admin to deal with this please, the bias of this person is ridiculous. 

im not an admin and you got banned for rdm it has nothing to do with me 

over TS we was told, as he tried to land there was some guys in a orange SUV who was driving around, then one of the guys jumped out and shot our friend out of the chopper (it was you who shot). we then rushed to the trader, to take you guys out, one of our guys exploded (didn't see what happened) and that took out your friend, then i saw you picking up stuff from the ground, and took a few shots after you, as well as one on another hill.

I didn't shoot first, I promise you that. Neither did i shoot him while your friend was in the chopper, you are lying through your teeth.

My friend was telling me he was being shot at and I heard the gun fire. I wouldn't have shot otherwise.

Why would I want to be banned from such a good server, which I have spent quite a bit of my time on.

They're chock a block right now might need to wait a few days more

14-crying-wrestler.gif
You just gotta be patient, man! 

I've just checked the banlist and you appear to be unbanned. This might be due to a technical reason that I won't bore you with, but I'm tempted to let the unban stand, providing you can make the promise to engage more fully in RP next time.

I know it's always difficult in these kinds of retaliation-to-banditry situations, and without video and audio evidence it's extremely hard to be certain whether someone RDMed, or failed to RP, or just didn't get heard.

My own view is that this kind of 'inter-rebel' (or just 'out-of-town') encounter is actually something we want to promote - even with the occasional fault and claim or counter-claim of RDM/Self-Defence/He-Shot-First. I would rather unban this kind of stuff than give out ten million bans for cretins shooting up Kavala willy-nilly on a Saturday night, tbh.

So... consider yourself paroled. Please ensure that you engage in RP as much as possible (over VON, direct-chat, or even Cellphone Text message) before taking the killing shot, and be careful engaging some of the rebel groups on here, without a decent pretext. Many of them are highly respected, longstanding players (some of whom have themselves been 'converted' from the trigger-happy, ban-victims themselves, long past). Some are twats, too, of course. I'll leave you to discover who's who, and I hope you're around long enough to make some alliances as well as decent enemies. Your attitude *seems* right... so please don't let me down. There will be no 'next chance', if you get banned again, okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Jacko, much appreciated. I won't let you down!

However, I seem to have wrote the GUID incorrectly. 

It is: 9e30e53ea8d1e43889d91451b8a9c7d1

Here is my Arma3 Profile ID too: 76561197996199301

Sorry about the inconvenience this may have caused. I guess i'll have to wait till next week to get unbanned. Oh dear  :(

Hi,

The issue was resolved here: 

I seem to have wrote the wrong GUID, sorry about this.

GUID is: 9e30e53ea8d1e43889d91451b8a9c7d1

Here is my Arma3 Profile ID too: 76561197996199301

Thank you once more.

That is the same BattlEye-GUID you gave me last time in the other thread! (Don't start new threads, by the way - it just fills up the forum and complicates things for admins - which makes your unban happen even more slowly)

If that BE-GUID *was* in the ban-file, it was removed at the time of your last post. It is not currently showing up in the ban-file at the moment, so you will not be being banned via it.

It's possible you're being banned by a shared-ip that's also in the file?

Give me the *exact* text of any kick message you're receiving when trying to join the server.

Back