What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

REBIND/REMAP TUTORIAL

B L U

General

So in the past couple of days I've had a problem with using my ANPR as a cop due to the fact that I don't have a numpad (I have the Corsair K65 which is a smaller version of the K70). I started messaging staff, developers, friends, etc. for help, but they didn't have a solution for my problem. After some research yesterday I managed to fix this problem. This fix will work for all rebinds/remaps in-game, not only ANPR. I will take you through all the steps of how to remap any button using AutoHotkey.

(I am going to use ANPR as an example)

1. Download and Install "AutoHotkey"AutoHotKey is a scripting program which lets you remap all the keys on your keyboard, what I am going to learn you today is the very basics of scripting in AHK.[DOWNLOAD LINK]

2. The ScriptTo make a script you will first have to right-click on your desktop and go to new -> AutoHotkey Script (my text is in Swedish, sorry for that)

Screenshot_1.png

After you have done this a new script should have appeared on your desktop. You now have to edit the script, to do this you right-click on the script and click on Edit script. A box should now appear on your screen with some text (don't touch this text). You can now start making your basic script(s). First you need to know what button you want to switch out for another. So for example if I want to make my G-key do the same thing as any other key (in my case the numpad divide key), I would type in g::NUMPADdiv . This makes it so whenever I type G it will instead do the action of the numpad divide key, so basically my G turns into a /.      FORMULA = [newkey]::[oldkey]

Screenshot_2.png

LIST OF AHK HOTKEYS

HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE WHO HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AS I HAD, FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

//PCSO Dexter

Last edited by a moderator:
Back