What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Recent development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmen

I like boats
Unlinked
I'd like to start off with this is in no way a slating or in anyway downwards looking towards the development team. mere looking, and lots of it.

There hasn't been any major change since about start may, this is nearly 3 months ago. We keep getting told that the dev team is busy, and I'm sure they are, holiday season. Plenty of bugs that needs attention. However, there's a complete lack of transparency between the community and development team. It's slowly becoming more dull to play on the server, not only is the roleplay getting a bit tight and repetetive (Nothing to do with this topic) But the things that are to be done on the server are only so. And we are told nothing, no sneak peeks. no anything really, than the odd development changelog. "Fixed: List bugs"

I'd like to start off with this is in no way a slating or in anyway downwards looking towards the development team. mere looking, and lots of it.

There hasn't been any major change since about start may, this is nearly 3 months ago. We keep getting told that the dev team is busy, and I'm sure they are, holiday season. Plenty of bugs that needs attention. However, there's a complete lack of transparency between the community and development team. It's slowly becoming more dull to play on the server, not only is the roleplay getting a bit tight and repetetive (Nothing to do with this topic) But the things that are to be done on the server are only so. And we are told nothing, no sneak peeks. no anything really, than the odd development changelog. "Fixed: List bugs"
Its very true that something could be done for the development side of the server. Everyone loves to see new stuff and even swapping places of stuff will give some fresh winds to the server. There is much stuff in the store what we have been shown, but then things get taken away. Forexample the speeding cameras, police car light bars. The computer stuff got added and a lot of avenues in that, but it never got but forward or more "crafting" stuff got added. 

As there is a persons between the community itself and management i think there just should be a person between the development side and the community. Give him the charge of actually making the change logs and giving little sneek peaks whats happening and coming. Hyping people is a big part of engaging with the community and providing them more content. There is lot of power in people and there are some serious skills in the community, just need to use them. Not all of them want to "apply" to become a dev...

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, there are things that are in development that are fucking awesome (can't give any sneak peaks) and that's probably what's taking up the devs time. Also, we are a couple devs down and have been for a little while, however they're coming back one by one shortly; as ever, IRL takes priority!

With regards to no new content and bugs that need fixing, there are far less bugs than there were 6 months ago, that I've noticed anyway. I've been fairly busy IRL so i hadn't had a lot of chance to join the server however I am still finding cool new features and qwerks this many weeks or whatever since the latest updates.. So it's all staying quite exciting for me (obviously i'm not speaking for anyone else..)

The thing that I think might have put off the dev team for quite a while with sneak peaks and screenshots or whatever is the fact that as soon as they do that, then people start expecting it to be done soon, then moan that it's not out when they think it.. Or even if the devs hit a roadblock and have to solve some issues with it, people will start moaning that it's not out when they want it or it's not the content they want. Then the devs might even change their mind and cancel that idea because they no longer think it's suitable or viable for the server, then that leaves us all disappointed. As much as I would like to know what is in the works, I also quite like not knowing.

Maybe if we had a much larger team in that area, then they would feel like they could do sneak peaks and give heads up, but for now I don't think it's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back