What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Recommendations for gaming laptops

Crumble

Beat my post count...
Lifetime Donator
A while back I got rid of my gaming PC due to IRL. To be honest I have missed the gaming life haha. I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a decent gaming laptop.

Any reason why it needs to be a laptop? Often worse than a PC though there are exceptions of course.

Don't go for a gaming laptop. They are overpriced, you can hardly change anything on them, they make a lot of noise and they are less good than a PC.

PC > Laptop Unless you have v. limited space/ Travelling a lot.

PC's can get you much better specs for the same price tag as well as can be upgraded and run better than a Laptop Variant with similar specs. PC's can be future proofed with upgrades occuring slowly.

Lack of space really. Want something that's not going to take a lot of room up

Lack of space really. Want something that's not going to take a lot of room up
You can get a mini ATX case and still fit a decent GPU and cooler in them, just depends on your preference. Would a smaller build PC be something you’d go for, or does it literally have to be a laptop?

Crumble, Im gonna be honest with you.
I bought a gaming laptop once and it was the biggest mistake of my life. Cost me £1300 from MSI and although the performance was good, it just wasn't worth it. After about a year of using it, the parts starts to die down and I had to replace the HDD and the fans. The fans was the worse, every month I had to buy a new pair of fans and get it put it. It was a painful experience cost me about £300-£400 over the few months.

It's best if you go for a PC than a gaming laptop. Expensive and not durable.

You can get a mini ATX case and still fit a decent GPU and cooler in them, just depends on your preference. Would a smaller build PC be something you’d go for, or does it literally have to be a laptop?
Would consider that to be honest 

You could eat a mini itx/ atx case with a mini graphics card of 1060-1080 variety and it would fit in a 5 year olds back pack, the monitor would be the real space taker

You could eat a mini itx/ atx case with a mini graphics card of 1060-1080 variety and it would fit in a 5 year olds back pack, the monitor would be the real space taker
GEt a smaller monitor, try to get something between 15-21 inch then rather than 25+ because when looking at a laptop you won’t want anything less than 15 and may even be looking at a 17inch one. Get a smaller monitor if necessary, there’s is always the option of wall mounting it too

Get rust so you can run about with as a naked with a rock and your cock out or in my case a minge haha

Back