What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Recommended TV programs?!

Samatlewis

Where are the Eggplants?
Well I've finished a few good series and I'm sat here watching Bloodline on Netflix and wondering what everyone else enjoys and what they'd recommend myself/other to watch! 

For now, preferably can it be available on Netflix and maybe SKY (on demand or whatever) 

Name of program:

Outline of story:

Genre:

Link to trailer/IMBD/Rotten Tomatoes/whatever:

Average length of episode:

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc):

Name of program: Mr. Robot

Outline of story: About a hacker who has mental health problems, about as much as I'll say. Sounds really cheesy when put like that but it's honestly amazing.

Genre: Apparently a drama.

Link to trailer/IMBD/Rotten Tomatoes/whatever: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mr_robot/

Average length of episode: Varies a lot, usually about 50 minutes to 70 minutes excluding adverts.

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): Unreliable narrator is probably the biggest thing about it that I liked, the twists etc were amazing. I think where it stands out is the whole cinematography and camera work, doesn't have that standard TV sort of feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucifer

The series focuses on Lucifer Morningstar, the Devil, who is bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, and resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for Los Angeles. Lucifer runs a nightclub in Los Angeles called "Lux", with the assistance of his demonic ally Mazikeen. Lucifer becomes involved with the LAPD when he begins to assist Detective Chloe Decker in crime cases. He becomes fascinated with Decker when she appears to be immune to his powers. Lucifer's mother later escapes Hell, and Lucifer's punishment for her is to stay on Earth, and the celestial family are forced to deal with the ramifications of this.​

• Police Procedural
  • Comedy / Drama
  • Mystery
  • Crime
  • Horror
  • Fantasy
 ​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Running Time: 45 Minutes

Story is very unpredictable and you find yourself following it and getting it wrong which is always pleasing because it keeps you in suspense its based around a murder of a well known teenager of a wealthy family the "Blossoms" and its doesn't get boring or just turn into another teen drama.​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

16 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lucifer

The series focuses on Lucifer Morningstar, the Devil, who is bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, and resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for Los Angeles. Lucifer runs a nightclub in Los Angeles called "Lux", with the assistance of his demonic ally Mazikeen. Lucifer becomes involved with the LAPD when he begins to assist Detective Chloe Decker in crime cases. He becomes fascinated with Decker when she appears to be immune to his powers. Lucifer's mother later escapes Hell, and Lucifer's punishment for her is to stay on Earth, and the celestial family are forced to deal with the ramifications of this.​

• Police Procedural
  • Comedy / Drama
  • Mystery
  • Crime
  • Horror
  • Fantasy
 ​

+1 Love Lucifer.

Netflix or HBO

Name of program: Penny Dreadful

Outline of story: Crazy shit

Genre: Horror / drama

Average length of episode: 1 hour

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): Nudity

Name of program: 11.22.63 

Outline of story: A high school teacher travels back in time to prevent John F. Kennedy's assassination.

Genre: Drama 

Link to trailer/IMBD/Rotten Tomatoes/whatever: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2879552/

Average length of episode: I think it was about 40 minutes

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): I really enjoyed the series. It is unknown to many people, but it surely is one of the best series I have ever watched (and I watched pretty much everything). It deals with time traveling, however it doesn't have anything to do with the science fiction genre. It shows what time travelling can cause and has a great story line. This is pretty much a must-watch. 

(I think you can not watch it on Netflix or Sky, however it shouldn't be expensive to watch it somewhere else)

Name of program: Happy Valley

Outline of story:  Catherine is a no-nonsense police sergeant who heads up a team of officers in a rural Yorkshire valley. Uncovering a series of brutal crimes, Catherine finds herself involved in something significantly bigger than her rank, but unknowingly close to home.

Genre: Crime, Drama

Link to trailer/IMBD/Rotten Tomatoes/whatever: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3428912/

Average length of episode: 58 Minutes

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): Won a BAFTA award for being best Drama Series 2015. 

Show called Falling Skies on netflix is rather good @Samatlewis

I'd also recommend Prison Break , The Walking Dead , Once Upon a Time is quite good aswell. 

Don't really know what time of shows you watch so there is 4 good ones I've watched and thought they we're good

Name of program: Mr. Robot

Outline of story: About a hacker who has mental health problems, about as much as I'll say. Sounds really cheesy when put like that but it's honestly amazing.

Genre: Apparently a drama.

Link to trailer/IMBD/Rotten Tomatoes/whatever: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mr_robot/

Average length of episode: Varies a lot, usually about 50 minutes to 70 minutes excluding adverts.

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): Unreliable narrator is probably the biggest thing about it that I liked, the twists etc were amazing. I think where it stands out is the whole cinematography and camera work, doesn't have that standard TV sort of feeling.
I've seen the first two epsiodes of s1 and I'm loving it so far... good show... They got themselves a new viewer cause of u

Name of program: The Good Place

Outline of story: Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell), a woman who wakes up in the afterlife and is introduced by Michael (Ted Danson) to "The Good Place", a Heaven-like utopia he designed, in reward for her righteous life. She realizes that she was sent there by mistake, and must hide her morally imperfect behavior and tries to become a better person

Genre: Sitcom

Average length of episode: 20 mins

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): Very easy watching, hilarious at times, great concept and acting. Really reccomend it to those who like USA Sitcoms like Brookyln 99 etc. 

5 / 5

Name of program: Netflix

Outline of story: Its about a group of friends thats called Dustin Mike Lucas and Will who lives in small town called Hawkins were their friends hang out and one day Will dispears and from there on things starts changing

Genre: Horror Drama sci-fi 

Average length of episode: 40 -60 min

Other information (What you enjoyed about it etc): I love this series because it got a really intresting storyline and the acting is just great and, it also gives you a bit of a trowback how it was in the 80ths. Personally I think this is just great because its not super scary jumscares but you still get afraid of it sometimes so its a friendly horror series :)

The Punisher

Based upon Marvels Punisher Frank Castle goes on a hunt to get revenge on the people who killed his family

Action

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5675620/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Episodes are an hour each

I just liked something other than the whole superheroes do not kill sort of thing and this is a lot more than just the main character hunting down and murdering other people is got a lot more story to it than that.

Back