What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Reduce Gang cap to 15

Raj

Reduce the max members per gang to 15 from 25. Not much more to expand on it tbh.

I feel like bringing the cap down will:

• potentially higher quality roleplay by whitelisted gangs due to having to be more selective of members
  • more balance between gangs
  • increase in gangs and more balance less zerg gangs (being strong just because of numbers) - also leading to potentially more conflicts. (currently to many gangs are either pally or shy away too much from conflict)
  • more gangs also means more chances for rp, be it in deals or conflicts rather than beefing with the same gangs constantly

Pros:

Change dynamics of gangs

Cons:

None that I can see

Is there any gangs left out there with more than 15 members out of curiousity. Also this could tie in very well with the gang hopping suggesting of some sort of cool down period.

+1 

As of more recent we're beginning to see more and more gangs just fill with hang arounds to fill out numbers. I think having a smaller number would improve on roleplay 100%

Only con I can see is how some groups would wittle down to 15 if they have more than 15 active members

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any gangs left out there with more than 15 members out of curiousity. Also this could tie in very well with the gang hopping suggesting of some sort of cool down period.
Maybe 229? Not sure

Yeah cooldown of say a week after you leave the f6 before you can join another gang

Vagos, Triads, Marabunta, Hustlers, 229. That's literally it.

229 F6 has 25 members atm. So if this was reduced then i dont know how it would work

The same way it worked when they reduced it from 35 to 25

People get removed.
Only way this would work or even be considered is if crims get an update, that is SoonTM. But yeah Doubt it will ever happen at this rate, this will just make things worse that it already is.

Fair enough, I mean I can see from both sides, there's people going to be pressed about having to cut numbers or there will be people screaming "Coalition have no numbers lol so they just want everyone else to suffer" I don't feel that's the case here, I personally don't care if a gang has 5 members or 50 members, i've been in Ballas when we had 40 members and i've been in Aztecas when we had 8. It wouldn't even have to be a killing of a gang either, it could cause gangs to break off and create sub-sets or cliques or smaller groups for example east side Ballas and south side Ballas.

Only way this would work or even be considered is if crims get an update, that is SoonTM
I don't see how an update would make a difference. Gang rp isn't great right now and needs to be worked on. And the best place to start is bit by bit 🤷🏻‍♀️

And just like @Albert Winsfordsaid - maybe to bring in side aspect of groups. Street teams, business teams etc.

Fair enough, I mean I can see from both sides, there's people going to be pressed about having to cut numbers or there will be people screaming "Coalition have no numbers lol so they just want everyone else to suffer" I don't feel that's the case here, I personally don't care if a gang has 5 members or 50 members, i've been in Ballas when we had 40 members and i've been in Aztecas when we had 8. It wouldn't even have to be a killing of a gang either, it could cause gangs to break off and create sub-sets or cliques or smaller groups for example east side Balls and south side Ballas.
Yeah but for instance, that would just make two gangs teamup or becoming part of a larger organization, effectively changing nothing.

Massive +1 - Wil bring in a lot more roleplay between groups and therefore more conflict, i feel that gangs do not act like "gangs" in the way that they should, they are too nice to each other and they are scared of breaking relationships. I also agree that it will allow for gangs to be controlled by there leader and able to work as the gang they are, compared to how it is now with one leader having to take lead over 24 people, i would assume this is very difficult and can lead to some members feeling left out or like they are just another number.

Yeah but for instance, that would just make two gangs teamup or becoming part of a larger organization, effectively changing nothing.
Also considered a rule break, teaming for war purposes to zerg people. teaming for actual RP is different.

Massive +1 - Wil bring in a lot more roleplay between groups and therefore more conflict, i feel that gangs do not act like "gangs" in the way that they should, they are too nice to each other and they are scared of breaking relationships. I also agree that it will allow for gangs to be controlled by there leader and able to work as the gang they are, compared to how it is now with one leader having to take lead over 24 people, i would assume this is very difficult and can lead to some members feeling left out or like they are just another number.
People will feel even more left out when they get removed from a whitelisted gang they’ve spent months working for and are told to go pretend to be a new gang with no clothing, no safe houses no gang parking and no gus supply. Not to mention other things you get in the city simply from being “whitelisted”

it’s easy to ask people to kick 2/3 people but to drop 10 people, that would include people that would probably never deserve it in the first place.

I don't see how an update would make a difference. Gang rp isn't great right now and needs to be worked on. And the best place to start is bit by bit 🤷🏻‍♀️
Have you seen the ways gang make "actual" money right now? It's not fun, interactive, varied, any form of roleplay. It's linear with high consequences with a large amount of police, they even have an alert system when you sell drugs now. Like... You can RP all you want, but at the end of the day gangs have to grind and work hard to ever be happy and act like a gang. Reducing the population of gangs by 10 members, causes a massive shock of 10 people working to make the gang as strong as they can be.

My only comment on the update is that, it's disgusting for gangs right now, police are literally invincible in an interaction sense, sure you can kill police, there are no resources you can get from them. They added the broken gun update which is a step backwards, this is literally the only fivem server where that is a "mechanic" it's literally mentally ill. 

Only reason I see these updates and criminals not being helped or given more utilites are they want police to be the strongest and don't really care about criminals anymore. Management or developers can't/won't work on giving criminals more ways to be legal or illegal and it shows. 

People will feel even more left out when they get removed from a whitelisted gang they’ve spent months working for and are told to go pretend to be a new gang with no clothing, no safe houses no gang parking and no gus supply. Not to mention other things you get in the city simply from being “whitelisted”

it’s easy to ask people to kick 2/3 people but to drop 10 people, that would include people that would probably never deserve it in the first place.
It was done once before though, and tbh I didnt see much of an issue with it back then

Back