What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Reg Check App - Check points, sale history etc for a fee

Vinny

Donator
Donator
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary: Introduce a new app where you can check the history of a vehicle for a fee. E.G you pay £10k and can see the vehicles history. 

Detailed Suggestion: Yesterday I bought a car for £810k, seconds after buying it the police showed up to city hall and impounded it and later scrapped it due to the previous owners history. 

The only current way I can proceed is by instructing a solicitor and starting court proceedings, all more costly and time consuming. 

Before buying a vehicle, there is currently no way of conducting any buyer due-diligence. You maybe can ask police, if they are available, but the options are limited. 

The idea I am proposing is an app, where you can check the criminal history, sale history, previous owners, previous sale prices (since the new introduction of the contract) and other information for a fee. Providing a way for people to conduct due-diligence before a purchase. 

The Pros:

Allows players to conduct due-diligence before buying a vehicle  

Has the potential to prevent scams, as the owners name will be visible. 

The Cons:

Dev work. 

Adds an extra hurdle to criminals 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? I don't believe it does. 

Any member of the public is able to go up to a police officer and ask them about the points on a vehicle. They are required to tell you. You will not get information on how the points were accumulated, but you’ll know the amount of points.

An intention for this is that, the second hand market price for vehicles would be reduced. This would benefit the civilians who keep to the correct side of the law and don’t involve themselves in crime (not obvious crime at least) and perhaps would want to save their money.

-1 I don’t think it should be a phone app, decreases roleplay just being able to check on your phone 

Interesting idea I would tweak it slightly like jack mentioned the loss in RP so maybe have it so it's some kinda function a solicitor could bring up kinda like a solicitor PNC and they can check certain records ?

Means the check can be done but you need to RP with a solicitor to get that info, plus keeps a solicitor on hand for the deal to take place? 

Up until yesterday, I wasn't aware vehicles could collect "points". However, I doubt many people at the moment really consider asking a seller for the registration, taking it to the police and then making a decision. So I don't think you'd be loosing any RP (correct me if I'm wrong and people actually do that?). I've never been asked for a reg whilst selling a car either. 

I've also never heard of anyone getting a solicitor IRL to check a vehicle, it's something you do yourself, usually online. Solicitors can already be very hard to get hold of in the city, so pushing an extra role onto them doesn't seem right to me. 

Up until yesterday, I wasn't aware vehicles could collect "points". However, I doubt many people at the moment really consider asking a seller for the registration, taking it to the police and then making a decision. So I don't think you'd be loosing any RP (correct me if I'm wrong and people actually do that?). I've never been asked for a reg whilst selling a car either. 

I've also never heard of anyone getting a solicitor IRL to check a vehicle, it's something you do yourself, usually online. Solicitors can already be very hard to get hold of in the city, so pushing an extra role onto them doesn't seem right to me. 
You probably haven’t seen it before because the point system is very new, it’s only about a week old. You will start seeing or hearing about it more often I’d imagine.

Comparing RPUK to IRL isn’t always the best way, things are very different. My personal opinion, doing this through Police or a solicitor might take a bit longer than an app on your phone - but an app for it also then shortens your roleplay, and also take away potential roleplay for Solicitors, Police, scammers etc… in the bigger grand scheme of things, this not being so easy to check will make the 2nd hand car market a lot more interesting for everyone involved. 

-1 Although I agree its shit when stuff like this happens, that's the chance buying a vehicle second hand.

When you are buying a car from another citizen I feel like these are some things which can be found out with a  little extra roleplay and adding an app would be taking that away. 

Makes sense to have a HPI check, instead of an app though I would have it at a police/G6 or a separate building to go to and check points, history and such 

Makes sense to have a HPI check, instead of an app though I would have it at a police/G6 or a separate building to go to and check points, history and such 
This. +1 if it was done via a person other than an app. Maybe even an opportunity for a DVLA style job/business to be created 

I don't think an app would be the best way forward but maybe sombody who can do checks like a hpi checker etc 

I don't disagree with it being a person, but I don't think solicitors. Every solicitor I've contacted over the last 2 days has been too busy to help with my case. 

Back