What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Removal of the mining malus when smelting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

Unlinked
Hi all. The suggestion of removing the negative skilling effect when smelting is something I'd like to see removed. 

At current iteration there is no store or vendor that will purchase large quantities of any of the raw materials from the mine. It wouldn't unbalance the economy in this regard.

It allows solo players to both mine and refine the ore. They can then sell it to any potential buyer with more of the costs to produce born by themselves. It will reduce some of the grind in the game which people have commented on in other discussions also to encourage people to not just disappear down there for hours and likewise more people hanging around at the smelter also as 1 person can fill a car and get it all done together.

It prevents people potentially falling foul of the transfer of items rule by having a miner alt and a smelter alt and gives the one char another possible skill to learn. 

Not sure how everyone else feels but I'd like to be able to do it all on my one character and just have fun with it. 

Hopefully for the reasons above its viewed the same by the community at large.

The point of this feature is to encourage roleplay and get people working together I believe - this would turn mining and smelting into an even more ‘low RP’ task than it is at the moment which I believe would negatively impact the server honestly. For that reason I would say -1. 

It prevents people potentially falling foul of the transfer of items rule by having a miner alt and a smelter alt and gives the one char another possible skill to learn
Surely this isn’t allowed? Can’t profit from goods on one character that you mined on another surely (genuine question)? 

At current iteration there is no store or vendor that will purchase large quantities of any of the raw materials from the mine. It wouldn't unbalance the economy in this regard.
While there is no official store or vendor, there is plenty of people that will buy them - just need to find them 😉 

There is a way to be a smelter and a miner at the same time. Surely removing the loss of XP will improve the experience as working solo, but there are ways to go around this. 

Isaak yeah I know. Gotta max mining and maintain it. 

The suggestion was more for a qol change to lessen some of the grind for people to get them in the mine less and out in the world more overall. 

Big picture. 

Chris. No its not allowed but I wouldn't be surprised if people have thought about it or tried it. 

The skill malus doesn't affect fruitpicking to smoothie making or woodcutting to harvesting lumber. Thats why I argue to change mining too. We should be lowering barriers not raising them.

Imo I like that there is synergy between them two, miners need smelters, and smelters need miners. So you actually need to RP and go talk to another person if you want your ores to be smelted/ get ores for smelting. If everyone can mine and smelt, you're basically taking out the RP between the two, and just leaving the RP between buyer and seller. My character is a pure smelter, and its so hard to smelt anything when you cant mine and you have to rely on another person. But thats why you need to RP and I prefer it to stay that way, even though its such a pain xD. 

I like the way it currently is, hopefully it adds a little bit to the roleplay and cooperation between different parties and encourages people to talk rather then just running between mines, smeltery and storage. -1

Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back