What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove ability to instantly cuff (ALT+R)

iSky0

At the start of this year, a suggestion was posted about resisting arrest, and has very high number of upvotes but it still has not been implemented.

I am suggesting to remove ALT+R keybind & maybe the archie eye cuff option for instant cuff, I think a police officer should simulate using their hands (CAPS LOCK menu) roleplaying grabbing the suspect's arms and cuffing him, If they fail to do it in time the suspect will be able to run and attempt to escape to provide longer situations and more chases and outstanding warrants etc. I've noticed that if the suspect makes a run, the option in caps lock doesnt update and will need to exit caps menu and open it again for the option to disappear, therefore it will need to automatically check if the suspect is still in the same location where the option appeared in caps lock menu, if not, it wouldnt cuff and would send a notification like failed to cuff or something, if it doesnt do that automatically then the suspect will be teleported back to where the officer pressed caps lock and be cuffed and will lead situations to TS. This suggestion is an addition to this suggestion: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/136557-resisting-arrest/

I believe CAPS LOCK menu is a way to simulate using hands to do actions, and the option to cuff in caps lock menu should be the only option to cuff someone, allowing suspects to flee and it depends on if the officer is fast or not. Recently the time for someone tackled has been extended and makes it impossible to escape the instant cuff options currently in place.

Does this suggestion affect the balance of the server: Yes, Criminals will have a better chance at resisting arrest and running

+1 I think this is a great solution to the issue. Personally is much prefer this way over the keys anyhow. It will also prevent a lot more accidental cuffs.

-1 I think that the Archies eye system is already janky enough when trying to interact with players, doing this for something like handcuffing would simply be a nightmare beyond the point of balancing as you've already had to gain control over the suspect in order to handcuff them so they have that opportunity to resist.

This will also just be an opportunity for people to complain they've be unjustly assaulted when you try and use the eye and accidentally hit them.

I can see where you're coming from with the idea of an officer simulating using their hands thru the CAPS LOCK menu, but from practise it's so janky to use the interaction wheel/Archie's eye on a player, let alone one trying to run off or hit you.

I've seen numerous situations where a suspect has been for all counts physically restrained (either tackled or tazed) and an officer (sometimes myself! 😛 ) has just awkwardly stood over them trying desperately to blitz through the UI to restrain them in time - all for the suspect to get up and bugger off. I think if you've managed to tackle/taze someone down, it makes a lot more sense physically for the animation of the restrain to immediately play out through ALT-R instead of the awkward stand around with the eye/interaction wheel.

The point is for the suspect to be able to get up and bugger off tho 😛 and its not awkward to stand in front of the suspect to do the cuff interaction, it shows that you're reaching to cuff them. its way too unfair how someone can be tased down to the ground and instantly cuffed with one keybind with zero means of resisting. can always talk over and provide more roleplay, like saying "going for cuffs" just like you say "taser taser taser"

The point is for the suspect to be able to get up and bugger off tho 😛 and its not awkward to stand in front of the suspect to do the cuff interaction, it shows that you're reaching to cuff them. its way too unfair how someone can be tased down to the ground and instantly cuffed with one keybind with zero means of resisting. can always talk over and provide more roleplay, like saying "going for cuffs" just like you say "taser taser taser"
There is an active suggestion from @Bandzregarding being able to resist handcuffs being placed on you.

Back