What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Remove/Change the "Teaming" rule and make a Zerging rule instead.

Omizz

Banned
About 2 years ago when I originally joined the server teaming wasn't a rule and I felt that roleplay between gangs was better when it was a thing. Having alliances with other gangs actually meant something and people wouldn't start beef with their "friend gang" over some petty stuff.

How I'd see the Zerging rule take place is that during confrontation between gangs there could be members from other gangs but it could not exceed the 25 slot limit.

I feel like this would be a positive change since most gang beefs have been over small and petty stuff which could have been solved with a normal chat instead of going to shoot each other directly, gangs would have to consider other gang's alliances and how that could affect their business with those other gangs etc. 

Since the teaming rule was introduced, there hasn't been much to keep the peace on the server especially for smaller gangs allowing for the stronger groups to dominate the server almost and do as they please. If it was removed it will give old and newer gangs a chance to flourish on the server. 

If this suggestion went through it would drastically change the balance on the server, to combat this, I suggest that the max amount of members in a gang could be altered to something lower like 20, a lot may disagree with this but I feel it would be necessary if something like this would be put in place, not only will it make gang leaders more careful about who they add to their gang it will allow for smaller groups to have a better chance on the server. 

Main reason I made this suggestion was because I personally enjoyed the server a lot more when it wasn't a rule and asking other people about it they seemed to enjoy it a lot more when it wasn't a rule. I don't mean for this to mean that other gangs should be able to fight your battles, but rather that if it makes sense to do so then it should be allowed.

It is a controversial topic which would definitely change a lot about gang roleplay as a whole so I'd really like to know other opinions on it. 

Very mixed feelings on this one. As someone around in gangs for years, I have both enjoyed and disliked teaming. Coalition pretty much was formed based on a weird teaming relationship. I'll be honest... I enjoyed being the one person stood alongside Jack McKenzie as the two Aztecas in the motel while Triads / Vagos / Ballas / Marabunta / Apostles and the rest of the city stand on the roof hurling insults, playing music and wanting us dead (before you could drill turfs) it was jokes, but it was also fucked up. Teaming has created some interesting situations and I will be honest they will forever remain my most memorable and favourite situations in RP (the island fight - the chapel mega shootout) to name just two, it also caused problems, gangs just agreeing to turn and wipe cops out in force if they even attempted to interfere and do their job, which led to a lot of upset OOC spam and frustrated people. I have never really roleplayed as a cop, i still feel they should be feared, last thing we need is police being given more stuff to counter the teaming, next we will see them swarm the streets in tanks and mini guns. I have also experienced teaming as a G6 officer. Once again, it was very fun to stand in a tower just picking shots as gangs hopped the fences, but it became just a bit of a shit storm and too much of a regular occurrence and for those who stood around with a taser actually trying to RP and not just be in it for the frags, it just seemed unfair. 

I absolutely understand the idea behind the zerging rule, but feel it would also be a bit of a tough one to micro-manage. You'd literally need someone sat there counting who is who and how would anyone even know who is on what side? At the moment beef between gangs is shit, especially when "war rules" are not in place as you end up in situations where you're shooting innocent people just passing by. I am not against the concept of teaming at all, just it's a tough one to manage and would create a whole section of rules that would need to be in place to stop it getting out of hand. Everyone is dealt the same hand of a 25-man slot F6, it's down to the group to use their head and pick their battles.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 

I like the idea and I see where you are going with it. I can see a lot of potential rp with it, if people *chose to run with it*, which is the never ending problem; will people CHOSE the rp. 

The problem is, as Albert said, how are we keeping track of that? Is there another way to do it?

+1 creates loads more rp for the server and less wars, feel cop mains will downvote this however and I somewhat don't blame them as having to deal with multiple gangs at a time sounds like a pretty awful time.

I mean from an RP standpoint it would make sense for 2 allied gangs who have the same hate interest in another gang to team up , I feel like the 25 limit thing would be hard but also pointless, personally I’d love to see big fights between 2 gangs like a 2v2 , but it would be carnage but lots of fun , I think it would have to be approved by all party’s involved and also staff before doing

it. It doesn’t make sense have a few members of another gang helping a different gang in a fight in my opinion.

still +1 as I think the rule should be revisited.

+1 There is positives and negatives to this. However I think the positives outweigh the negatives. 

I wasn't around when there was no rule so think that it would be fun to try out and can create more gang RP between gangs . However If it happened I dont agree with 2v1 fights that are extremely unfair . If it was to be allowed I think it would make sense for it to be 2v2 or nothing and it have to go through a ticket because having 50 people on your turf will make the server extremely unenjoyable if its a 2v1

The only negatives are the server would be very laggy

+1, I actually suggested these changes a long time ago but was heavily shot down due to mentalities, it's unfortunate that it was shot down as it could've prevented a few issues seen currently, hopefully a change is made.

+1

Definitely needs to be looked at I reckon. Some of the best times I've had on the server have come from situations that would now be in breach of the rules. Smaller gangs creating alliances to help them would be great to see. Roleplay should be open and a lot more should be allowed, it's better that way. The differences between teaming and zerging are apparent and they should be separated to allow for more roleplay possibilities. 

Nobody wants to see another ballas + triads boyfriend combination I was very glad when that rule was brought in because it gave smaller gangs a chance to exist without bending over everytime when trallas demanded 5mil for no reason 

it’s the same argument you brought up but in the other direction how would you suggest we make sure this doesn’t back fire into 2 gangs together dominating the entire map especially with the upcoming crim update and the changes to turfs 

already annoying seeing 20+ car destruction derby's when two gangs go at it. Cba making it 40+ because half the city's gangs are teaming up because its fun. Gangs are your "family" your not meant to team up with others like its world war 2. as much as you are organised your still supposed to be rough criminals with allegiances to your own with trying the desire to expand and be better than the rest. Gangbangers. 

Nobody wants to see another ballas + triads boyfriend combination I was very glad when that rule was brought in because it gave smaller gangs a chance to exist without bending over everytime when trallas demanded 5mil for no reason 

it’s the same argument you brought up but in the other direction how would you suggest we make sure this doesn’t back fire into 2 gangs together dominating the entire map especially with the upcoming crim update and the changes to turfs 
Again, that's why i suggested a possible zerging rule. Let's say it did happen again, where 2 of the strongest gangs team up. What stops all the other gangs from teaming up on them? I don't see why you would remove something so many people enjoyed and was a lot of peoples best/funniest moments on the server. I can't comment on the crim update because I got no clue whats on there. I think common sense comes into play when gangs do team up. Is there a valid reason for it or is it just because you want to go around and bully people?

100% agree that staff should take another look at the teaming rule. I would like for gang's to have small temporary alliances to break up the status quo. Replacing the teaming rule with a zerging rule would make so much more sense and help the flow of roleplay imo.

The problem is, as Albert said, how are we keeping track of that? Is there another way to do it?
@Albert WinsfordI feel like best way to manage this. The defenders shouldn't be capped. Like if you are the agrevator. There should be a risk that if they are allied it will be a hard fight. Its easier to count numbers when planning attack vs when attacked. So zerg the attacker. It also adds risk to being the attackers.

Back