What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove key cutting service from Gruppe 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyGames

Brief Summary: Gruppe 6 are never active and when they are they are never free or cant be bothered cutting keys for people. I suggest making the key cutting service government run so it can be accessed any time of day/night with out a person needing to be there as Gruppe 6 are never really on duty.

Detailed Suggestion: Remove key cutting from Gruppe 6 and make government owned.

The Pros: can be used anytime day or night and doesn't need someone there to run it or to cut the keys.

The Cons: N/A

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? not that we can think of.

Can be done by someone else who isn't as busy as them like a shop with X amount of people being able to get hired by the owner.

is a bit strange seeing how people are looking for them everyday.

Can be done by someone else who isn't as busy as them like a shop with X amount of people being able to get hired by the owner.

is a bit strange seeing how people are looking for them everyday.
yeah that could work or even the admins or something just anyone who is more active/available than gruppe 6

The Cons: N/A
Really?1? You can't think of a single negative consequence of removing the human interaction? I would of thought that removing a good roleplay avenue is a HUGE con, after all that is why we are here.

While the current system isn't perfect, the Dev team have spent a significant amount of time over the last 18 months getting the economy to be as player-interactive and player-ran as it possibly can be. I think just having a server interaction would be really limiting and a step in the wrong direction.

I suppose my challenge to you (or others) would be to think of a way to improve the availability of the current experience without detracting from the roleplay.

PS: Have you ever tried to get a key cut in real life? It's certainly not 24/7 and there's not many places that do them nowadays! 

Tweets go out when the key cutting is open. Throwing a text at G6 "key cutting open?" is just rubbish and lazy come over, see if G6 are around. Pop up to the shop. 

I understand your and other's frustration, but you clearly are overexaggerating. Send a message to the G6 helpline (peak hours between 4PM and midnight) and if an officer is available they will get back to you. Don't expect a response through Tweedle or at like 5AM (apologies to the few that keep asking for keys at that time of day).

Moving in with someone is a major part of your characters progression, you finally have a roof over your head. I'd rather wait a couple of days and have someone on the other side of that desk providing RP and making it an experience that I will remember. Not just walking up clicking the option and it's done. 

When I bought my first car, I had to wait several days for the owner to import it back in the day. Waiting isn't ideal but it made me come back everyday to that place to see if he finally has it. I'd always stick around to chat with the people and I met a bunch of guys I'm still friends up to this day. When he did get it, he took me for a test drive, explained a few things about the car and made it a real experience worth remembering. 

yeah that could work or even the admins or something just anyone who is more active/available than gruppe 6
Admins is not a solution, I'm actually for G6 doing it, first couple a days they were there all the time, tweedleing about it and everything and provided fun roleplay

But then again, if there'd be some other options for it (involving roleplay) I'd say go for it, let more people get involved in different things.

I also understand the G6 members, sitting up north in Paleto the whole day (or even for an hour) without anyone coming may also be a bit discouraging. 

Key cutting is not something to be locked behind G6 imho but that's me,  still has to be done within roleplay at the keyshop and only with the people present who are doing it.

Keyshops where I live work whenever they feel like it btw, but there's a couple different ones.

This feels similar to complaints like "Any NHS on ?". Any player interaction based jobs should stay that way. The key shop is an RP opportunity for people who want to play as G6, and not just stuck being in prison watching over the the trolls who are 90% of the prison population. If people feel like there are less G6 in the community, then people should apply for it. That is my honest personal opinion, sorry if it contradicts with you guys.

Really?1? You can't think of a single negative consequence of removing the human interaction? I would of thought that removing a good roleplay avenue is a HUGE con, after all that is why we are here.

While the current system isn't perfect, the Dev team have spent a significant amount of time over the last 18 months getting the economy to be as player-interactive and player-ran as it possibly can be. I think just having a server interaction would be really limiting and a step in the wrong direction.

I suppose my challenge to you (or others) would be to think of a way to improve the availability of the current experience without detracting from the roleplay.

PS: Have you ever tried to get a key cut in real life? It's certainly not 24/7 and there's not many places that do them nowadays! 
i wasn't saying remove the player aspect, it was just a suggestion it could be run by anyone just someone who is more active through the quieter hours of the day as not everyone is about after 4pm and i for one definitely am not around after 8 as i am sure many others are not.

your part about not being able to get a key cut 24/7 that it true but there are some places like B&Q that have a machines you can get keys cut in. what i am getting at is what about the people that play on the server from other country that our night time is there daytime, what if they want keys cut for friends its not really fair to ask everyone to be on at a set time as that when G6 are available even make it so its still run by G6 but emplyer some more people to run the key cutting service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with above comments but I do think having it as an player-operated business, even during off-peak hours makes business and city sense.  After all this city should be like New York or Vegas, it never goes to sleep so needs to be managed/manned between midnight and 4pm to attract those who can't make it in after 4pm.  Keep the wheel spinning through the whole day instead of slowing down 🙂

To contradict myself a little, perhaps advertise opening times and stick to them; a crappy job to sit there for probably the one customer per week but still a necessary job for the city all the same or create a mobile locksmith similar to mechanic where they are dispatched and interact with the door, car or shop etc?

Sat there for almost 3 hours last night. Answered every key text with 2 or 3 out of the 12 showing. Half the texts just to check if G6 are around to hold at gunpoint for free weapons. 

The reality is that there can't be someone there 24/7 and if you were to hand this to a random person, they will be there even less. I feel most folk will find it tough to jump on during what is considered British working hours and will commit to being there more towards the evenings which is tough for folk who play on the server in mornings or very late at night but that goes for any of the business really, dealerships you only see usually on restock days, shop keepers are like unicorns and you ever needed a lawyer, good luck getting one of those!

Perhaps announcing scheduled times for key cutting, not just as and when people feel like it, could be a thing but the demand for keys is really not as high as you think and if wasn't for the new players who die and respawn up in at the top of the map player interaction would be very empty.

Perhaps if G6 could hire like an apprentice or locksmith to cut keys for a percentage of the cut keys then that could be interesting. I roleplayed having an apprentice yesterday on G6 at the key shop and he was just a guy who came up to ask how key cutting worked, we made some interesting roleplay and if he hadn't vanished he was very close to being hired as a G6 officer just for the great roleplay He had a laugh pretending to cut keys as an apprentice it's just a shame we couldn't offer a working role at the time. 

I personally feel that as long as Gruppe6 are making a conscious effort to advertise they are doing the cutting, making time to do this fairly regularly, and give players time to get there (or respond if they are en-route) then there's not an issue. I get it can hold you back a bit sometimes, but so be it.

(View of my own, not the staff team)

"never active and when they are they are never free or cant be bothered cutting keys for people"

Bit emotive for those who spend hours in G6 RP!

Cons:

G6 loose one of their few revenue streams over their paltry pay
Customers loose the exciting opportunity to meet G6 without being locked up.

Advantages:

G6 dont get shot by creative roleplayers taking advantage of lone workers in a remote location.

I'm quite for the idea of moving the keystore somewhere more accessible btw!

I think the best thing to do with Key Cutting if G6 aren't always around is to impliment it with another shop too. Who is to say that 2 different groups shouldn't be able to do it. 

Is there a player ran hardware shop somewhere? The owners of that shop could also have the ability to cut keys be granted to them too, or another sort of relevant player ran store too. If you make more people able to do it, your problem will disappear and it will still mean player interactions are required in order to cut new keys.

I think the best thing to do with Key Cutting if G6 aren't always around is to impliment it with another shop too. Who is to say that 2 different groups shouldn't be able to do it. 

Is there a player ran hardware shop somewhere? The owners of that shop could also have the ability to cut keys be granted to them too, or another sort of relevant player ran store too. If you make more people able to do it, your problem will disappear and it will still mean player interactions are required in order to cut new keys.
The hardware store is closer to the prison than Paleto is so would make sense if it were to move.

Only my opinion though.

As stated many other times, think it’s unfair to scrutinise Gruppe6’s work within the key effort. Unfortunately the system isn’t tailored to a specific person asking for a key cut in tweedle. Instead gruppe6 constantly make tweets about the key store being open instead.

Personally I would say this isn’t a good idea.

The keystore is a way for people to interact with g6 officers in a normal way and not in the prison as prisoners or on a prison transport. It also allows us to create a small little amount of capital. 

You say g6 can’t be bothered to cut keys etc etc but many times people just send a random text at 2am asking for one. We always announce on tweedle when we are up there and it’s usually after the 4pm restart  (sometimes) and definitely after the 8pm restart. You just need to realise if it’s not at peak times you probably won’t get one cut as there won’t be anyone online. Maybe instead of making a random text you could improve the RP by getting a g6 officer phone number and liaising a time to meet at the key store to get a key cut.

There has been multiple RP scenarios that have Come from the keystore that I have loved for example a shootout with the lost mc, getting details to go on a safari trip, chatting to random folk with some very interesting and funny stories. So many more but can’t mention them all.  If the keystore was taken away from us that would all go and we would only get to interact with people in the prison for the most time. 

However people do use the very remote location to take advantage of attempting to rob us whilst in the store. Some people have texted to ask us to cut a key but as soon as we get there they rob us which is terrible RP. I would like to see the key store maybe moved to a more populated area?

If it was to be given to someone else or the ‘government’ (would be 24hr) it just removes all human interaction. 

Would love to know your thoughts

Thing is this idea would remove the uniqueness of being a G6, which is a security company tending to all your security needs. I think uniqueness is important for factions, for example,  police have the ability to revive someone when NHS are not around. However police will almost always need to either wait for NHS or bring the injured to the hospital. This is to prevent something like "If police can do it, why should we need NHS ?". Same thing, there would be "If this person can do it, why do we even need G6?". Same as "If I can use a repair kit, why should we need mechanics?". Jobs become irrelevant if other people can do the same thing a particular faction can.

If there is lack of G6 working at odd hours, then the solution is get more people to apply for G6. Same thing as if there is lack of NHS, then apply for NHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back