What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove the ability for the police/judiciary to be able to send criminals to life. Also another idea about gang conflicts

Nepp

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Suggestion 1
I mean it's pretty straight forward, I'm sure all the criminals who are apart of a group can agree that the life system and how it operates is incredibly one sided. For example, lets draw on a recent gang conflict the Ballas vs 229, during these fights police are mounting evidence to arrest or to gather up a larger case against either the gang or the individuals inside who are causing an issue. They then after weeks or maybe months if they gangs do not relax and are continuing to act hostile or using firearms etc they may use all this evidence to get a life sentence on these individuals.

I'll be honest I've played both aspects of the server for the best part of a year and a half now having extensive knowledge on how both sides of the cloth experience and interact with eachother, the fact that a criminal can be violent or notorious that the police either don't want to deal with them or have had enough of their constant criminal activity they can then use their powers as an in server force to set someone or a group or people in a forced jail system for an extended period is absolutely ridiculous. The ability to then once this is done set conditions on where they are basically set into a soft ban whilst on the server whilst they are working to stay innocent to then commit their crimes again. It's honestly a backwards system.

Okay I get it, Relax I'm talking from one side here let me give the other, I can see that the ability to run wild and go kill and be basically part of a gang on a daily basis is abuseable, and those that constantly get into fights or wars back to back is not okay, I can see where the other side is coming from in that respect. The fact most police have to put up with 25-50 gang members in an all out war for days/weeks on end is unfair as well. 

Suggestion 2
This is now leading into my second point and something that is more fair to counter the argument "if you remove life gangs will go mental and constantly fight", I hear you I can see it already, well instead you should have some kind of implemented staff monitoring/rules in place where a conflict cannot last longer than a certain period unless special conditions are met or given authority by staff/management, basically what it would look like before a gang begins a "conflict" there needs to be a sit down with both leaders of said gangs/groups and higher up staff/management, there needs to be some kind of intervention from the mighty gods here as the ability to keep a conflict going for potentially months is possible *rarely happens though*. I suppose to add onto this is once a conflict ends or stops for a prolonged period, the people in the conflict have a cooldown for around 2-4 weeks to recover and let the city relax for a period or another two groups the opportunity to get into the lime light rather than the same two groups fighting constantly. 

This is all rough and would probably need some fine tuning, but honestly I think these two things are not massive urgent issues, but they are needed and talking to many a people around RPUK these are pretty well received, hope you guys can provide some feedback so this either gets put forward or gives some work arounds for people to consider thanks all for your time 🙂

Ain’t just the police. More to it. Staff leads and Management are involved and make decisions too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do the crime you do the time.

Be it 10 mins for slapping someone or life for murdering 50 officers.

it's not something police can just do

we can suggest it, but the final say in who gets life and who doesn't is Staff lead/dev lead/management, we bring the idea, with all the evidence we have, and they decide.

The alternative to these life sentences is the whole gang gets banned (which is what we used to do on Arma).

These life-sentences were introduced to give gangs a chance to have a timeout from their criminal life, (while they can play on other characters), and to make them have to Roleplay for their release.   

Do you have any idea how much OOC effort and time it takes, by so many different people, to get a life sentence in place?

Or how much further time is spent by all involved (management/staff/dev/judges/Gruppe6/police) to monitor individuals, prepare cases, gather data, organise dates, have consistency reviews, sort out any release conditions, speaking with the players etc 

Or how many there’s been in total in the 18 months we’ve been doing them? It’s a very small number percentage wise. 

It takes up so much of my guys time, and we know it isn’t perfect. But I genuinely think it’s a far better system than having to see players (who we know have the potential to not act like a dick), get banned.

Tbf fair mate, I do see your point mate.

But, I am certain that, staff/staff leads/management would like to have any rp issue, be it from small sentences to life, scamm or any kind of issue to be dolved through rp. I think those kinds of power members are in place to prevent wars from disrupting the server as a whole. So it doesn't ruin the experience for players non involved of those wars, be it other gangs member, casuals and so on.

(Normal answered while I was writing this)

But he said also another point you may not be aware, the amount of paper work needed for it is close to insane. Police needs to gather evidence, make a formal request, which may or may not be accepted for a longer sentence. If the individuals keep shotting at each other, even worst, in front of police, more evidence will be gathered. And it go on and on till to a point where the only "fair" sentence is to lock you away for good. This doesn't mean you should not be able to play your character.

I remember, couple of months ago, Vagos got lifed and a lot of they members were role-playing a prison gang, like extortion other inmates for smoothies and stuff. It was fun to watch and realistic too. A nice and different rp scenario there.

Bringing a ban for stuff done in rp wouldn't make sense, since it prevents you from being able to play your character. Some people already see prison time as a soft ban (another topic), since you can just log on into another character and play.

Well, as Norman said, it takes a TON of work from police/judiciary to accomplish life sentence. First someone needs to start investigating (CID), then sit down and actually write all this documents that are required to hand a request in. The process takes up to several weeks and needs a lot of ambition and commitment, since this is a game. But to see the side of the police, many times I hear from members of my team: Nah, cba to log in tonight just to get shot instantly. So there comes also the motivation to change something about this meta in RP with the possibilities that are given. 

On the other hand if you don't want to let it escalate to fear for life sentence: Stop your columbian drug cartell RP and act a bit more like it would be a British City (which is far stretched right now, because of the amount of gun-crime) - but that's another topic. Approach each other during war and try to get it settled instead of gunning the enemy down every server restart for weeks, of course you will gain the attention of the authorities and even the server managment, since it has an huge impact on the meta of the server. 

If someone gets arrested currently with a normal max sentence of 720months, they log out and log in next day and probably carry on where they left off. The extended sentencing is born out of this and imo its not ideal. It supposed to threaten criminals more to be afraid of imprisonment. But it has no impact anymore, in contrary it affects the player itself, because as often it is described as "soft ban", which I can understand. 

Therefore I refer to the Post from 1 year ago, which was one of the most thorough ones to reformate the prison system. 

Back