What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove the ability to downgrade someone's car unless your the owner

James Wyatt

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Simple Suggestion

At the moment if you have the keys for a car it physically lets you to change someone's car as much as you want, which in my opinion makes no sense

This should strictly only work for the owner of the car 

I have never seen this happen to anyone but it makes no sense that it allows you to do this

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 I never knew that this was possible. However completely agree, this could be used in such a shitty manner causing the owner quiet a few issues. 

From an RP pov, a legitimate service centre, garage etc would always want to confirm with the owner of the vehicle before beginning any work on the car. I can agree with that.

Downgrades to stock are free (i think) and perhaps should have a small nominal fee attached should someone (for whatever reason) wish to reset the car. I would even go as far as to suggest the owner receives a rebate on parts (10%?) to show a price paid for the removal of the modifications as they would in effect keep them in the business to be reapplied elsewhere, effectively resold to another customer. However it MUST be done via the owner only.

Doing this then lays the groundwork for "Dodgy mechanics" aka "Chop Shops" where a stolen car with mods could be taken to it and the car thief then earns money for the modifications the mechanic is able to recover.

It would be nice to see it still be possible if you're the one who's removed the car from the garage, this would mean it can't just be someone robbing someone for the keys and downgrading the car but would still allow for the police and NHS who don't own the vehicles to upgrade them. +1

Simple solution, dont give keys away? I think it's fine the way it is, adds a bit of risk and potential for RP. End of the day the owner is the only person that can give out keys, so only give them to people you trust.

+1 I was thinking of starting my own car rental business a couple months ago until i realised that other people can upgrade/downgrade your car with keys. 

Simple solution, dont give keys away? I think it's fine the way it is, adds a bit of risk and potential for RP. End of the day the owner is the only person that can give out keys, so only give them to people you trust.
It’s quite common to get robbed for the keys to your car and your car where there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

I like it the way it is, if you aren't careful enough - you deserve it.

what reason is there for you to give keys to someone you don't know? that's on you.

I'm a NO on this one.

what reason is there for you to give keys to someone you don't know? that's on you.
I would say people wanting to start a rental business or others whom want to rent out the odd car here and there, like @Gutzymentioned.

I would say people wanting to start a rental business or others whom want to rent out the odd car here and there, like @Gutzymentioned.
Make a legal document that if the vehicle is changed/modified in any way they will have to pay the expenses to bring it back to it's former (original) renting state.

You get it back different? sue the man.

I remember the days where you were able to downgrade anyone's car without the need for keys. The current system is much better now, it has that risk facto and it works. It's a game of trust at the end of the day. -1

-1 from me, not 100% sure but I believe this would be a lot of work for such a small change as it’s not just personal vehicles to consider. Below are some examples.

Also, would mean you couldn’t repair at Bennys/LS Customs if you don’t own it.

I also do understand this could be coded in a way to allow this to work, considering the below, but again just seems like a lot of work for such a small change that I’ve never actually heard of anyone maliciously doing. 

Police/NHS/Park Ranger - would mean vehicles could no longer be upgraded by faction leads etc… as they don’t own them. They are simply taken out of a share garage. 

Dealerships - employees couldn’t modify vehicles at all to make them more attractive to buy 

Other player run businesses & Gangs - vehicles couldn’t be modified at all, like the gangs that have gang shared vehicles like trucks and armoured cars etc… couldn’t be modified at all

I like it the way it is, if you aren't careful enough - you deserve it.

I'm a NO on this one.
Nothing stopping you from getting robbed, no matter how careful you are its still a possibility

-1 from me, not 100% sure but I believe this would be a lot of work for such a small change as it’s not just personal vehicles to consider. Below are some examples.

Also, would mean you couldn’t repair at Bennys/LS Customs if you don’t own it.

I also do understand this could be coded in a way to allow this to work, considering the below, but again just seems like a lot of work for such a small change that I’ve never actually heard of anyone maliciously doing. 

Police/NHS/Park Ranger - would mean vehicles could no longer be upgraded by faction leads etc… as they don’t own them. They are simply taken out of a share garage. 

Dealerships - employees couldn’t modify vehicles at all to make them more attractive to buy 

Other player run businesses & Gangs - vehicles couldn’t be modified at all, like the gangs that have gang shared vehicles like trucks and armoured cars etc… couldn’t be modified at all
i was suggesting you cant downgrade cars that are not yours, I didn't say anything about not been able to repair or upgrade other peoples cars  

Back