What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Renewable Energy - Windfarm Timelapse

Zeito

Computers are just well organised sand
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind are assembling a series of huge windfarm turbines near my office.

So I've set up 1 IP Camera, 1 Monocular, and I'm making myself a Timelapse.

These Turbines are around 100m tall, and each blade when fitted is 200m long. They'll generate the energy equivalent of 22600 barrels of oil a day, and cost around £1.4m each. Fascinating stuff.

Read More about them here: https://www.belfast-harbour.co.uk/news/worlds-most-powerful-wind-turbine-blades-breeze-into-belfast-130/

Here's the finished video as the boat sails away.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hoping to put together a long video once more images are captures over the weekend, but it's very neat imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't care less about theese silly "green" energy sources,I'm looking for the real contenders,the nuclear fusion reactors

ITER is scheduled to start the first full reaction in december 2025 and is desinged to have Q=10 which means that for the 50W of intake Power it'll generate 500W power,so 450 NET power gain.It's just a prototype device,with it's success much more efficent fusion reactors will be built around the world.

The beauty of fusion is we literally use Deuterium found in normal water and Thritium which we can gather from the atmosphere(inefficent and expensive) or create it in the fusion reactors themselves.The advantage of fusion over fission is that it can use cheap and abundant resoruces,it doesn't create nearly as much harmful radiation as dissipation of U-238 and the fuel can be reused in about 100 years period,now that's the real future of "green" energy,not expensive showcase wind turbines.

For anyone interested here's the website https://www.iter.org/

ITER is international project,most of the budget comes from every EU state,along Russian Federation,USA,India,China and Japan.It's being built in France.

That's a pretty cool video, can't wait to see it when its complete.

That's a pretty cool video, can't wait to see it when its complete.
Captured the last of it today, the way they stacked up the blades and turbine heads is crazy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pity you didn't get the sailing off in realtime 

I couldn't care less about theese silly "green" energy sources,I'm looking for the real contenders,the nuclear fusion reactors

ITER is scheduled to start the first full reaction in december 2025 and is desinged to have Q=10 which means that for the 50W of intake Power it'll generate 500W power,so 450 NET power gain.It's just a prototype device,with it's success much more efficent fusion reactors will be built around the world.

The beauty of fusion is we literally use Deuterium found in normal water and Thritium which we can gather from the atmosphere(inefficent and expensive) or create it in the fusion reactors themselves.The advantage of fusion over fission is that it can use cheap and abundant resoruces,it doesn't create nearly as much harmful radiation as dissipation of U-238 and the fuel can be reused in about 100 years period,now that's the real future of "green" energy,not expensive showcase wind turbines.

For anyone interested here's the website https://www.iter.org/

ITER is international project,most of the budget comes from every EU state,along Russian Federation,USA,India,China and Japan.It's being built in France.
I visited JET last year, fantastic place. I agree, fusion will tear apart green energy.

Back