What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 137 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3T_H3ADSH0T

Unlinked
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Reece Smith

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 137

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 01/07/24

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2140

What best describes this incident ?: Just poor roleplay no initial time to react after seeing the gun.

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Just feel like the roleplay from 137 was very poor in this situation. I stole a car prior to the clip and was just using it to drive around/drift as you can see you see the other people approach me and ask me to get out at this moment in time i can not see anyone as windows are black so i dont know what they have i dont feel like i need to fear in this situation and start the chase. I then get to the point in the end of the clip when they block me off they did ask me to leave the car and i tried to drive away that second time but as you saw the car wouldnt move i did try to get out of the car but my seatbelt was holding me in. still at this point no weapon is shown to me so why should i be scared? then out of no where starts shooting a gun at me killing me in the proccess with no reaction time from when i saw the weapon as you can see i did try to comply just feel like there wasnt enough time and the roleplay situation was just terrible not even the fact i lost items because i dont care about that just wanted a good roleplay scene. did ask the person to come discord just to say about the situation and got told to make a report he wasnt interested.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1NVN08PeDNDdcQ/d1337uPlhtvk?invite=cr-MSwzSW4sMjEyMTQ2MDc0LA

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

image.png

Well I cant say I wasn't expecting this so I will give you my perspective on the situation. 

I get a call out over radio that one of my group members cars has been stolen outside of Pillbox. Myself and 3 others were in a car just round the corner so we pull up to Pillbox and see you driving around by the bridge and then back down to just outside the hospital and right in front of the owner of the car you stole. At this point we pull along side you and ask you to get out of the car as it isn't yours and your response to this was to drive off showing me you had full intention to steal it not "just using it to drive around/drift" as you say. As you also stated "i can not see anyone as windows are black" and with them being the basically the same car (as our group intended) I can also not see how many people are in the car you stole. This is important as it effects my decision making when it came to showing you the gun as at this point we hadn't heard a peep from you or anyone else that could have been in the car. Meaning if I had shown a gun to warn you I could have been met with 2 or more guns firing at me in retaliation so I opted to not give you the chance to react.

Even If we ignore everything I have just explained it is not a rule break to as you say give "no initial time to react after seeing the gun".

When we boil it down to the facts.
1. you stole a car
2. you were warned shortly after stealing it to get out of it
3. you drove off beginning a chase
4. you drove into a dead end where you were given one last chance to get out of the car to which you tried to drive off again by trying to ram our car out of the way
5. you were shot after trying to flee having already being given the chance to get out

Now at any point in this whole situation you could have got out of the car and would have more than likely been punched once or twice for stealing and then left to go about your day. However you decided to try your luck to escape and it failed. I also find it a little strange that you mentioned more than once about not feeling like you had to fear for your life and I believe you are correct. Until the gun was drawn the only thing that maybe should have made you think twice was the fact I gave you a final warning to leave the car as if someone had said that to me I would be expecting some form of "punishment" to follow that warning.

I'm not sure if you have but I would recommend looking over the server rules again as "Just poor roleplay no initial time to react after seeing the gun." are not rule breaks.

As a final note before leaving this to staff, as I will not reply unless prompted to by staff. I actually enjoyed the chase and even thought you would lose us at one point as you seemed to be an above average driver. Also the reason for me not joining the liaison was due to me believing I did not break any rules and after dealing with you went back to the RP I was interrupted from.

@Timo Langston
Here is something for you.

[SIZE=medium](G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM) - Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order.

I wouldnt say that you provided "quality" roleplay and also states give me enough time to comply with your order. I didnt have to comply untill a weapon was shown and the only time in this rp scene is when i was being shot.
[/SIZE]

@Timo Langston

From what I can see, no warnings were given, purely requests for the person to exit the vehicle, there was no mention of what would happen, no show of force other than playing bumper cars, where is the high quality RP we expect on this server, simply repeating 'get out the car' is not high quality roleplay, so much more could have came from this, but you resorted to using your firearm at what could be described as the earliest opportunity you got to have a clear shot.

I know you're unable to respond straight away, but it would be interesting to hear what you have to say about the above.

Hello @Hank Summersthank you for the reply.

So at the start of the clip you do hear me request that the individual gets out of the car to which he takes off. Following this we chase him for a decent distance eventually having him trapped in the ramp. This is when I then give him a final warning as you can clearly hear me say to which he responds “this isnt even your car” followed by again trying to take off. Given the fact that after one request and warning the person made no attempt to surrender the car it left me with very few options. 

I do however hear what you are saying and I could have done more one example would be to take the tyres out with my gun giving the person no option but to surrender the car or be shot. 

There are a few reasons why I did not show my gun before hand or warn the person that he would be shot. One of those being I had no idea how many people were in the car at the time and I didn’t want to give them the chance to return fire potentially injuring myself or one of my 3 friends in the car with me. Another being how my group have been trying to be more careful out in the open with showing firearms or shooting as recently a few of us have been noticing some issues with the Police that could affect us long term. 

I again would like to mention that at any point from Pillbox the driver could have left the car but chose not to in my mind giving me enough reason to shoot him. 

I agree yes I could have done more but in all honesty when all we are given is: steal car, drive it around in front of the person it was stolen from then flee from other people trying to get it back all the while saying nothing until you are pinned and then say “it’s not even your car”. My point being NPC’s have given me more back and forth than that and I’m not exactly one to give quality RP to NPC’s as I doubt they would appreciate the value of it.

As a final note I am away working on a ship sailing to Bermuda so my chances to reply are very slim so I will respond as and when I can. Thank you.

If we are talking about quality roleplay here, i think we have to look at both sides. Now yes, its obvious before escalating the situation to where someone is shot it falls on you to make sure you have provided high quality roleplay to be able to shoot this chap. Your reasoning for NOT shooting here is so that him or potentially people in the back of his car could get the drop on you first. Well, thats the point of roleplay and unfortunately the person escalating the scenario is responsible for making sure the roleplay has been provided. 

Now, as for Reece Smith i do believe a element of common sense here really should have taken place and i can tell from the little chuckle you do when you first drive away. You stole the car, went back to the same people to flaunt it. Causing your own problem. You also provided 0 roleplay throughout the whole scenario but also expect high quality roleplay from them. It works both ways. 

I am going to be giving "Timo Langston" a warning for G1.2 as like i mentioned your lack of roleplay in a scenario you knew you were getting into, ended up getting you shot. If you wanted to go and drift the car you would have. But it seems more like you have gone back to troll people who you stole it from causing your own issue. 

Warning issued. Thanks for the report. 

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back