What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 139 & 173 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

YacobBarbar

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Yacob Barbar

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 139 & 173

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 04/25/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2100

What best describes this incident ?: (G1.3) Baiting

Please (in detail) describe the incident: To keep things simple, there was a situation going on with Ballas and 229 at Ballas turf. 229 cars were circling and of course attracted police attention. After 5 mins or so of rp'ing, 229 left but some police still remained. I came down from City paints across the road from Ballas carwash, retrieved my motorcycle and was about to circle turf to make sure it had all died down. As seen in the clip, the two officers that I later found out in OOC was Harry, second name unknown and Kip Wilson. They started trying to bait me by shouting ' Ballas are getting bullied by 229' along with other things.

I mentioned this in OOC and Kip's response was I didn't realize it was a rule break, if you feel it is then report it on the forums. It seemed they didn't want to talk about it so here we are.

I wouldn't usually report this but the fact that it was so blatant was just frustrating to me as if it was the other way round and I countered their argument with how a gang would (mostly likely a warning with a gun etc) I would have been reported so instead I left the situation. I would understand more if they were fresh to the police force, but I know OOC that Kip has been around and thought that they had higher standards.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJnXoSD9w2I

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Yacob Barbar

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 139 & 173

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 04/25/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2100

What best describes this incident ?: (G1.3) Baiting

Please (in detail) describe the incident: To keep things simple, there was a situation going on with Ballas and 229 at Ballas turf. 229 cars were circling and of course attracted police attention. After 5 mins or so of rp'ing, 229 left but some police still remained. I came down from City paints across the road from Ballas carwash, retrieved my motorcycle and was about to circle turf to make sure it had all died down. As seen in the clip, the two officers that I later found out in OOC was Harry, second name unknown and Kip Wilson. They started trying to bait me by shouting ' Ballas are getting bullied by 229' along with other things.

I mentioned this in OOC and Kip's response was I didn't realize it was a rule break, if you feel it is then report it on the forums. It seemed they didn't want to talk about it so here we are.

I wouldn't usually report this but the fact that it was so blatant was just frustrating to me as if it was the other way round and I countered their argument with how a gang would (mostly likely a warning with a gun etc) I would have been reported so instead I left the situation. I would understand more if they were fresh to the police force, but I know OOC that Kip has been around and thought that they had higher standards.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJnXoSD9w2I
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes
Hi @YacobBarbar

I did not realize this was a rule break, I have read over the rules and I have a bigger understanding now. I was trying to have a laugh and have a bit of a sense of humor on my behalf now, I can see you are upset. Me and Harry was having a laugh on patrol and trying to have a joke and It obviously hasn't gone that way. 

This is the rule:

[SIZE=medium](G1.3) Baiting - Taking deliberate actions to create a scenario where you get chased or engaged with, especially to cause a firefight. Examples: Robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, deliberately committing crimes in front of the police, swearing at a group of gang members.[/SIZE]

The reason why I felt we didn't need to go to discord is because its such a basic situation there isn't much to discuss about it. 

I did ask later on to go discord after I said report me. 

I did not go out my way or follow you and say it, we both pulled up at a red light. 

My understanding of baiting was just towards cops, I didn't know it was involved with gangs until I re-read the above. Overall It wasn't my intention to bait you, it was just meant to be a joke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Yacob it's Harry here,

Kip and myself were just trying to have a laugh with you while on patrol. I was hoping in RP, you were going to have a laugh with us but clearly with this report, this was not the case. After realising that you were not interested in taking that line of RP with your response in RP, it was clear that you did not want to engage with the intended RP which was evident in your response and so we moved along. 

There were absolutely zero intentions to bait you.

Kip did offer to go into a discord channel (in ooc chat) so we could have a discussion with you but you were not interested at the time.

I was a bit confused at the time to why you said 'ironic innit' in RP at the end of the conversation. However, after seeing this report I assume you were referring to previous interactions you have had with the police OOC. I assume you brought the fact up that it was ironic that police report gang members for baiting (which personally, I rarely if ever see) and that we were now doing the exact same thing we would report for. In essence, you using the word of 'ironic' shows that an OOC issue has been used in RP to describe the scenario.

I apologise in advance if your RP was negatively effected with our brief interaction. No hard feelings.

Harry

Hi @YacobBarbar

I did not realize this was a rule break, I have read over the rules and I have a bigger understanding now. I was trying to have a laugh and have a bit of a sense of humor on my behalf now, I can see you are upset. Me and Harry was having a laugh on patrol and trying to have a joke and It obviously hasn't gone that way. 

This is the rule:

[SIZE=medium](G1.3) Baiting - Taking deliberate actions to create a scenario where you get chased or engaged with, especially to cause a firefight. Examples: Robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, deliberately committing crimes in front of the police, swearing at a group of gang members.[/SIZE]

The reason why I felt we didn't need to go to discord is because its such a basic situation there isn't much to discuss about it. 

I did ask later on to go discord after I said report me. 

I did not go out my way or follow you and say it, we both pulled up at a red light. 

My understanding of baiting was just towards cops, I didn't know it was involved with gangs until I re-read the above. Overall It wasn't my intention to bait you, it was just meant to be a joke. 
As stated, I would totally understand if you were new to the force and RPUK. Not my issue if you have not read the rules or not. A rule break is a rule break in my opinion. However I appreciate you have owned up to your mistake.

I expect more from Police nowadays as I understand OOC that police have higher RP standards that civilians in the server. Yet you want to try bait/agitate a well known violent gang in RP. Doesn't make sense to me. I feel at this point that you were not there shouting to me to create RP but instead wanting some kind of chase or gun fight.

Hi Yacob it's Harry here,

Kip and myself were just trying to have a laugh with you while on patrol. I was hoping in RP, you were going to have a laugh with us but clearly with this report, this was not the case. After realising that you were not interested in taking that line of RP with your response in RP, it was clear that you did not want to engage with the intended RP which was evident in your response and so we moved along. 

There were absolutely zero intentions to bait you.

Kip did offer to go into a discord channel (in ooc chat) so we could have a discussion with you but you were not interested at the time.

I was a bit confused at the time to why you said 'ironic innit' in RP at the end of the conversation. However, after seeing this report I assume you were referring to previous interactions you have had with the police OOC. I assume you brought the fact up that it was ironic that police report gang members for baiting (which personally, I rarely if ever see) and that we were now doing the exact same thing we would report for. In essence, you using the word of 'ironic' shows that an OOC issue has been used in RP to describe the scenario.

I apologies in advance if your RP was negatively effected with our brief interaction. No hard feelings.

Harry
As for you Harry, I would say the same applies to you. At the end of the day, this is a serious RP server, there's times and places to have a laugh and joke in the Police. The reason it irritated me was due to previous officers and tbh I have had enough. I'm not saying everyone is perfect at RP. Everyone makes mistakes. Rules are rules and whitelisted groups have high standards.

As stated, I would totally understand if you were new to the force and RPUK. Not my issue if you have not read the rules or not. A rule break is a rule break in my opinion. However I appreciate you have owned up to your mistake.

I expect more from Police nowadays as I understand OOC that police have higher RP standards that civilians in the server. Yet you want to try bait/agitate a well known violent gang in RP. Doesn't make sense to me. I feel at this point that you were not there shouting to me to create RP but instead wanting some kind of chase or gun fight.

As for you Harry, I would say the same applies to you. At the end of the day, this is a serious RP server, there's times and places to have a laugh and joke in the Police. The reason it irritated me was due to previous officers and tbh I have had enough. I'm not saying everyone is perfect at RP. Everyone makes mistakes. Rules are rules and whitelisted groups have high standards.
I can completely understand why you are upset with what we said to you. I personally think its borderline baiting. We didn't intentionally go after you or follow you. I watched the footage again and we pulled up to a red light. I thought the interaction we had was a RP Issue and not a real break but as you say its a rule break ill put my hands up cause I didn't know doing this was a rule. 

" I would understand more if they were fresh to the police force, but I know OOC that Kip has been around and thought that they had higher standards."

I know we have had interactions before and its a shame you felt that It was a bad standard. It wont happen again towards yourself, I have lots of jokes with others in the city, I know not to be this way towards you and be serious at all times. 

Hi Yacob,

Thanks for the reply.

I am fully aware that this is a serious RP server.

Kip the character is renowned for being funny or a bit goofy throughout the city. It was not out of character for him along with Harry to 'break the ice,' as it were with a joke. While yes, you could argue it was unprofessional in RP, it would not be the same to state that we were not being serious when RPing.

Furthermore, we did not hound you, touch you or threaten you in anyway and besides the clip above, we did not interact with you today. It was supposed to be a simple innocent joke over 229 circling Ballas turf for a few minutes in their cars, that was it.

I understand not everyone is perfect at RP, but I think this has been blown way out of proportion than it needs to be. Similarly, I could call out the fact that you used the term 'ironic' to describe an OOC situation in RP knowing that whitelisted gangs are held to a similar standard police are. 

I would have been more than happy to clear this up in discord but your response to this request of 'it was baiting mate. If we baited you to start shit, police would cry' gave me the impression you were not interested.

For future reference, I will remember not to have jokes with you to ensure that your RP is not negatively impacted.

Harry

You see, this is half the problem with the police. Very quick to call out shit from gangs and criminals but think they can go and agitate a well known turf gang on their turf.

It does not make any sense, you are police officers. It is not in your interest to put yourself in danger, like i said you are on balla turf there and the fact you are even there you should be thinking about being there and nervous. Ballas should be controlling who is on and off their turf and if i were in Yacobs position and you were doing that, chances are i would have shot you. Fair play on not doing that. 

Your not acting professional, your baiting a reaction and your not roleplaying as a cop there. 

You will both be banned for baiting, both of you from FBS will be getting a 2 day ban for Baiting. 

Thanks for the report. 

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back