What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 165 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutzy

Unlinked
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: James Lenzi

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 165

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 01/26/22

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 1811

What best describes this incident ?: (G1.5) Powergaming

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I was on the look for storage units when two fellas showed up asking what I am doing and why I need a storage unit. They mentioned that I am messing about around their shop so I asked them politely if I can leave. They proceed to pull out melees, search me and demand certain items as seen in the video. But before I drop anything 165 demands me to bank transfer my entire balance over or I won't live. I politely decline and tell them that they should not ask that. I was about to send them a small amount of money to proceed with the RP situation until they said "Just drop your phone".

I am reporting this player as they should be aware of this rule as they are a shopkeeper and that they don't continue their ways with other players on the server that may not be aware. I am able to provide 3 minutes of video prior to this incident.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://streamable.com/fy133m

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Thanks for reporting.

I agree, requesting that someone sends you a bank transfer of your entire account is certainly power-gaming, and I'm sure left unnoticed this may catch out newer players that may not be aware that it's against the rules.

That said, from what I can see in the clip, after you stated that he shouldn't be asking for you to send him money - he didn't take any further action within roleplay that he wouldn't otherwise have taken. So I don't see the rule being "completely" broken so to speak.

That said, as I mentioned earlier he may just demand it repeatedly in the hopes that unaware players send money over and that's not on. There's a significant pause when you tell him he can't do that and you almost can hear the cogs turning - possibly because he's talking to a friend about it over some other platform or perhaps he's just mentally deciding what to do next, impossible to tell.

After considering how to action this I've decided that I'm happy to place a note/warning against the player so that any future occurrences are dealt with less leniently. I'm aware of the fact that the reported party may not be aware of the existence of this report, nor that what they did was against the rules since they haven't replied here and none of their actions in-game really convince me that this won't happen again. So, I've sent him a discord message linking this appeal and a short explanation of what he did that he shouldn't be doing in the hopes of avoiding a one day ban in this instance. 

Warning for (G1.5) Powergaming - Phil Smith (Demanding a bank transfer during a robbery.)

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back