What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 2 - Matthew Labile - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimaaaa

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Dima North

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 2 - Matthew Labile

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 11/01/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2200

What best describes this incident ?: Fail to value life

Please (in detail) describe the incident: During a siege in Blaine County on the O'Neil farm, an Azteca was seen arriving by motorcycle dropping him off, before he ran up the silo to act as a spotter/?shooter. He came down at one point, where I ordered him at gunpoint to stop and put his hands up, to which he simply said "fuck off" before he ran away, eventually I assume becoming part of the later gunfight. This was on the outside of the hostage siege, but he showed no appropriate response to being aimed at or value of his life which I feel was just one element of a very poor RP situation that ended up occurring.

We've been told we aren't allowed to 'remind' people that they are at gunpoint, yet I'm just sick of people running away even though they are at gunpoint as if it's nothing.

I, unfortunately, was not able to attempt to resolve via TS as by the time I went back to look at footage/identify him, around 5-6 hours had passed.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/XkYv06JksFI

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

If staff requests it I'm more than happy to, but given the required time/strain on my third world Australian internet I'd rather avoid it if possible.

The video shows almost my entire interaction with you from start to finish except for the first time I pointed my gun at you, which is arguably another NVL but I gave you the benefit that you didn't hear me. (minus you in the sultan RS, that's a separate report),

I don't see what further video would offer.

Seen as though the negotiator was recording could we get his perspective as you was trying to detain me?

Also I feel your role-play was poor as there was a hostage inside but you want to try and put me in cuffs, when I came down of the first silo I went on radio saying if they try detain me threaten to shoot the hostage therefor Jack was literally shouting if I go in cuffs the hostage dies, I see now why the not putting my hands up part of the report is such a big thing for you, in hind sight I should have put my hands up and let the situation unfold that way but I just didn't want a hostage to die as that's where the roleplay would have ended for him.

Hello @Dimaaaa

Would you say the short video you provided shows the entirety of your interaction with Mathew Labile, and that there was no prior role play between you before this?
If so, I'll proceed with this report as is - Otherwise, please provide the necessary footage showing more a bit more context.

Please find attached the video from Matthew's arrival to the end to avoid any dumb arguments.

As I believe I said to you in liaison, the hostage's life may have been threatened if you were detained, but that information was not passed to police/me. All I see is a gang member of the same gang we are sieging attempting to get a tactical position, and fearing for the life of my colleagues due to the risk of a sniper I decided to engage you. Nothing poor about that.

if you had responded appropriately to having a firearm pointing at you and said "hey, hey, we have a hostage man you better let me go" the roleplay would have been much better, and you would actually be "not wanting the hostage to die" (lol) rather than just radioing your boys about it.

Instead, we got "Fuck off now. Fuck off now. Stop aiming at me. Nah I'm good" and you immediately 180ing it back to the silo and climbing a fckn ladder lmao.

It was piss poor RP which is a consistently occurring problem, especially from members of gangs in colours who are supposed to represent a higher standard of RP. This is the type of shit I'd expect from someone 30 seconds into the city asking "how they play this game" in VC.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder why there is a charge called resisting arrest because people resist arrest, I feel the NVL rule differs when it comes to the police, you're meant to preserve life not find any excuse to take it, especially when as you can see I am un armed.  (G2.4) Value of Life - At all times you are to value your life, if you are clearly outnumbered or at an obvious disadvantage you should comply with demands, at 2:23 you can see a blacked out car which is a member of my gang (there was also multiple people ready to take shots on you) so I don't feel I was outnumbered. It is not my fault if the police failed to communicate that we had a hostage to you. Again if something was to happen there it would of straight away resulted in a shoot out and the hostage potentially dying which at that point all role-play would've ended.

I wonder why there is a charge called resisting arrest because people resist arrest,
That's a dumb argument, I say to someone "hey, police, stop there for me", they run. boom. resisting. Not the same thing as having an SMG pointed at your head and running.

I feel the NVL rule differs when it comes to the police, you're meant to preserve life not find any excuse to take it, especially when as you can see I am un armed.
The rules do not say they do, and while yes this may be the case, the value life rule is in place to state what a NORMAL PERSON would do in response to whatever stimulus is present to value their lives. Your response to having an armed police officer pointing an SMG at your head was not what I would consider normal, there was no reaction at all. 

if you are clearly outnumbered or at an obvious disadvantage you should comply with demands, at 2:23 you can see a blacked out car which is a member of my gang (there was also multiple people ready to take shots on you) so I don't feel I was outnumbered.
While whether you were or weren't "outnumbered" in the scheme of things is a very tentative topic, the point of the matter is:

at an obvious disadvantage
You said it yourself, you are standing less than 5 metres from me, unarmed, while I am holding an SMG to you. This is a disadvantage. Whether your gang is nearby to assist is a different story, because lets be honest I could have easily capped you before your friends could assist you.

I'm gonna say it for the last time, the issue pertaining to this report is that of your failure tor respond appropriately to the threat posed to you. It was frankly shit roleplay - whether the outcome (you walking away unharmed/uncuffed due to the hostage) would be the same if you were stopped is irrelevant, you denied and ruined the RP experience by telling someone with a gun pointed at you to "fuck off" instead of engaging in the appropriate conversation that I described in my previous comment. 

I feel the whole situation needs to be taken into account here, you're actively trying to detain me and putting a hostages life at risk. 

the hostage's life may have been threatened if you were detained, but that information was not passed to police/me. 
What did you think would have happened to the hostage if you detained me? You're literally sat on operations 1 where all information was/ should've been passed through it's not my problem if it wasn't. My confidence was based on the fact we had a hostage, you have to remember the situation was bigger than just me and you, I was in constant communication with my gang, you should've been in constant communication with your side. I don't think you would've pointed a gun at me if you knew there was a hostage, if you did know then the role-play is terrible from yourself.

Genuine question, what did you expect to come from it if you had cuffed me? Because I think you just wanted a shootout which is evidently where it would have ended up if you did cuff me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
it's not my problem if it wasn't
You're right, it's not, I forgot that point in my last one, I know its not your fault and I'm not/never did say it is.

My confidence was based on the fact we had a hostage
Then roleplay that confidence, not whatever the hell this was.

I don't think you would've pointed a gun at me if you knew there was a hostage, if you did know then the role-play is terrible from yourself.
I did, I would have and I will. Just because you have a hostage does not mean you are suddenly granted some mighty high immunity to any and all action/roleplay scenario. 

Genuine question, what did you expect to come from it if you had cuffed me? Because I think you just wanted a shootout which is evidently where it would have ended up if you did cuff me. 
This makes literally zero sense. gotta love the classic argument that always gets made yOu jUsT wAnTeD a gUnFiGhT - lmao no mate I did not want a gunfight. If I wanted a gunfight I would have capped you during the numerous opportunities you presented such as running over cops. This report is not about whether or not it was right that I tried to cuff you, it's that you failed to roleplay appropriately when a gun was pointed at you. This is something you have admitted to both in liaison and in this report.

What did I expect? A better roleplay avenue then we got. There is literally endless possibilities that could have occurred roleplay wise, both between you and me as an individual interaction and as the situation as a whole. For example, maybe once your hands are up you declare what you've said in this report ("I'm going to walk away, because otherwise the hostage will die!"), maybe we cuff you and negotiate you for the hostage, maybe we throw you into the car and drive away with nothing but you in custody, maybe we cuff you and you get broken out. All of these could have been roleplay arcs that occurred (much better than what did actually happen) but instead you shut those avenues because you kNoW tHe ruLeS aBoUt HoStAgEs and that somehow makes you impervious to bullets in roleplay. 

As I've said, the evidence is clear, you've admitted to the rule breaks, and now you're doing nothing but trying to poke non-existent holes in a report. Unless you bring up any more dumb arguments then I'll be leaving it up to the staff team to make their decision. Thank you for the discussion.

yOu jUsT wAnTeD a gUnFiGhT

Unless you bring up any more dumb arguments then I'll be leaving it up to the staff team to make their decision. 
I'm trying to have a grown up conversation with you about my side of the situation but now you're just resulting to being childish, How old are you?

Hello!

After careful consideration in regards to this report, I have came to a conclusion.

@Matthew Labile- You have quite the record in regards to this rule, and it seem like even though you were unbanned from your previous permanent ban, you haven't learned from this at all, and run away when facing an SMG. 

All things considered, the hostage, the other gang members nearby and the fact that Police (within RP), aren't to shoot unarmed civilians, are all in-game & RP related factors, and should not affect your decision when it comes to following server rules. 

- -
Matthew, you were recently unbanned and have since managed to obtain yet another warning for G2.4 shortly after returning - it would be unfair and unreasonable of me to extend yet another warning, as they don't seem to hit home. Perhaps this time around, should you be unbanned, you'll present yourself in a better light. 
As per this report, the following action will be taken:

Matthew Labile - G2.4 (Perm)

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back