What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 597 - Owen Readshaw - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorTheGreatt

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Connor Greatt

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 597 - Owen Readshaw

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 11/14/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 20

What best describes this incident ?: G1.2 (Random Death Match), C2.2 (Exploiting)

Please (in detail) describe the incident:

We were in a police chase with a Balla (out of colours). He then fled to a black sultan (filled with other out of colours ballas), which made off towards the beach. Myself and Chris gave chase to it, as seen in the video. When their car broke down, all inside of it jumped out and ran. I cornered Owen Readshaw with my bike, at which point he very quickly said 'Officer don't come near or I'll **UNKNOWN** you. I assumed he had threatened to stab me, so followed up with 'You'll do what now'. At this point I was shot by Owen, with nothing further said. Hardly the definition of 'High Quality RP' which as per G1.2, must take place before killing or attempting to kill someone.

I believe I was unable to hear what Owen said, due to the speed at which he said it. Almost as if he was gasping to shoot me, and wanted to get the inconveinent task of 'roleplaying' out of the way in order to allow him to do so.

It also appears to me that Owen uses his radio whilst on the ground in a ragdolled and tased state ('I need help boys', whilst none of his friends were within hearing distance). This is known to cancel out the radio animation, and In my opinion, is a clear exploit. How can someone who is incapciated by a taser possibly regain control of their limbs to put a call out on their radio.

I decided not to take this to a liasion with Owen. This is because of the overall standard of RP on the server recently. It has been very poor. Too often I have seen members of both gangs and the police being called to liasion, promising to do better, and then never changing. Hopefully a few wake up calls will be had, even if this report isn't actioned, and people will realise they need to up their game when it comes to roleplay within a serious RP Community. I strive to do the same, and always encourage those around me to RP to the best of their ability. I hope others on the server follow suit in order to increase the standard as a whole.

Footage provided is from my patrol partner Chris, as my shadowplay is currently recording the wrong monitor.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/71499359/d1337UVH2hsX?invite=cr-MSxySXQsMjMyNzA0NDgs
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Connor, 

Little surprised about this report as i asked you to come to TS after this situation happened. When the car breaks down 4 of us all get out of the car and start to run on foot. I then ran into a dead end what can be seen in the clip provided which then i knew i didn't have much time at all to react, In the clip provided you can see that i change from Normal to Shouting so i can try my best for you to hear what im saying. I preceded to shout "Keep coming towards me and im going to shoot". I then see you point something at me at first glance i thought it was a glock but after looking at the clip it was a tazer. I then begin shooting when you say " You will do what now". I then down you but then im tazed by another officer. As for pushing my radio button although its completely my fault but im my defence i tried shouting (not on radio) " boys i need help" but because my radio and push to talk is my two mouse buttons and i have pressed the wrong one mistakes do happen and i hope people can see that. As for you thinking im going to stab you that has nothing to do with me that you  went and got it wrong. You also say "Standard of RP is poor at the minute" i would just like to say that because others are not giving you the High quality roleplay that doesn't mean that i should have my chance of explaining myself should be taken away. 

I will continue to answer any questions you have for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

unknown.png

Hi Owen, thanks for your POV. After viewing it, and hearing what you say, I'd still like to continue with this report as I believe no Quality RP was provided prior to you shooting me.

If you watch the clip back, you can see I pull my taser at the point at which you roll (evidently you had decided that we had had enough time to react). I do this as I then realise you are actually about to shoot me. Was a bit surprised at this due to the time of approximately one second that we were given to comply and comprehend what you had said.

There were multiple ways you could have gotten out of that situation without shooting. Had you stayed where you were, we wouldn't have seen you. Had you leaped the wall to your right, you would've gotten away. In future I encourage you to use your head and explore other opportunities, instead of reaching for your gun and blasting with not much said. 

I would also like to thank you for clarifying that you did infact use your radio whilst in a tased and ragdolled state. I still believe this to be exploiting. 

I will not be commenting further unless asked to by the member of staff adujicating this report. Like I said, even if this report doesn't get actioned, I encourage you to learn from this and explore more creative and enjoyable options for all in your future RP scenarios.

Hi Owen, thanks for your POV. After viewing it, and hearing what you say, I'd still like to continue with this report as I believe no Quality RP was provided prior to you shooting me.

If you watch the clip back, you can see I pull my taser at the point at which you roll (evidently you had decided that we had had enough time to react). I do this as I then realise you are actually about to shoot me. Was a bit surprised at this due to the time of approximately one second that we were given to comply and comprehend what you had said.

There were multiple ways you could have gotten out of that situation without shooting. Had you stayed where you were, we wouldn't have seen you. Had you leaped the wall to your right, you would've gotten away. In future I encourage you to use your head and explore other opportunities, instead of reaching for your gun and blasting with not much said. 

I would also like to thank you for clarifying that you did infact use your radio whilst in a tased and ragdolled state. I still believe this to be exploiting. 

I will not be commenting further unless asked to by the member of staff adujicating this report. Like I said, even if this report doesn't get actioned, I encourage you to learn from this and explore more creative and enjoyable options for all in your future RP scenarios.
No worries 

1. After taking a moment to step back and think about this situation and the report I'd like to further comment on what's been said and what happened, You dont need to reply i thought i would just again fight my corner and reflect on the situation. 

I'd like to start off by saying this: "Myself and Chris gave chase to it, as seen in the video. When their car broke down, all inside of it jumped out and ran. I cornered Owen Readshaw with my bike, at which point he very quickly said 'Officer don't come near or I'll UNKNOWN you. I assumed he had threatened to stab me, so followed up with 'You'll do what now'." As you said yourself, you and the other Officers already started to give chase before the incident in the video occurred, even going as far as cornering me with your bike. The whole situation already has been set up with the goal of chasing and arresting me, I don't think it's fair to say that I didn't provide any quality RP when realistically there would have been no way of me saying anything to defuse the situation or to turn this into a pleasant RP scenario for both sides. The RP situation was initiated already before that and in my opinion we were past the point of talking things out smoothly or having a decent conversation.

Also: " I assumed he had threatened to stab me, so followed up with 'You'll do what now'. At this point I was shot by Owen, with nothing further said." and "I believe I was unable to hear what Owen said, due to the speed at which he said it. Almost as if he was gasping to shoot me, and wanted to get the inconvenient task of 'roleplaying' out of the way in order to allow him to do so." I don't appreciate that you accuse me of speaking faster (I personally don't believe I spoke unnaturally fast but more so in a way were you could tell it was a tense situation) just to avoid Roleplaying, it's not fair and it puts a bad stigma on my name, something I would assume a Staff Member would not do. Also I find it a bit contradicting that at first you say you "assumed" I said that I was going to stab you just to then say you were "unable to hear me". At the end of the day I don't feel that I am to be held accountable for you hearing me or not, I did speak and re-watching the Video I don't seem to have any issues understanding what I am saying, which leads me to the next thing I'd like to point out. You say that after assuming I said I would stab you (already initiated that I was about to defend myself) you just responded with "You'll do what now". We keep talking about high quality RP but I fail to see how this would be a good and realistic response to a person, who is backed into a corner, telling you that they will "stab" you (I am going by what you said you assumed I said). If ANYTHING I feel that both sides did not provide the best and most quality RP but by no means do I consider this RDM.

I'd also like to comment on the claims of me exploiting the radio: "It also appears to me that Owen uses his radio whilst on the ground in a ragdolled and tased state ('I need help boys', whilst none of his friends were within hearing distance). This is known to cancel out the radio animation, and In my opinion, is a clear exploit. How can someone who is incapacitated by a taser possibly regain control of their limbs to put a call out on their radio." and "I would also like to thank you for clarifying that you did infact use your radio whilst in a tased and ragdolled state. I still believe this to be exploiting." I am not quite sure why you are purposely misreading what I said but I say it again for you: I did not use my radio on purpose. Did it happen? Yes, but it wasn't intended and it wouldn't have made much sense for me to use the radio because my fellow gang members wouldn't even have known where I was, where as if I would have shouted (as intended by me) the others could have clearly heard me and the direction I was talking from. If I did indeed did it on purpose I surely would have not posted a clip of it further incriminating myself. It was an honest mistake that happened to a number of people before in many kind of scenarios, yet you spin my words around to make it fit your narrative and paint this picture of me. Also you can tell in the video that I did not activate the ragdoll feature so it baffles me that yet again you throw a random accusation at me simply for it to fit your narrative of "Hopefully a few wake up calls will be had, even if this report isn't actioned, and people will realise they need to up their game when it comes to roleplay within a serious RP Community." I'd just like to point out that I am not a test object and that I feel that using me as some kind of revenge on other people who have not provided you with fun RP is massively unfair.

Just edited to let staff know i wrote this on word and have copied it from there thats why background is different. 

Hi Sorry about the wait on this report. 

Now it's been a while since this actually happened and I personally don't like the way this report has gone about. Therefore I am going to get you both in a channel in teamspeak and we are going to sort this out the way I believe it should have been done at the beginning. I am sure you both can come to an agreement on the report and get it resolved.

Therefore I am going to organise a chat with you both, I will open a forum message between the 3 of us and get this sorted.

As for now I will be closing this report. 

Denied - (Pending Chat) 

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back