What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 697 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycho

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Zycho Bellingham

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 697

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 05/22/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 0200

What best describes this incident ?: NVL FAIL RP

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Me and my mate attempted to take the hostage when he failed to value his life, he then goes on ooc claiming he can nvl against a bat because he has a gun, he also mentioned in ooc " Im armed you rock up and pull the old "Hands up right now with a bat" nah thank you come back when you wanna Roleplay? Honestly the attitude of this individual screams Rp when it suits them. i did not attend liaison as his mindset in ooc is very one sided.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1aqkwzhOfRjfjI/d1337PpDC3nh?invite=cr-MSxKa0ksMTE1NjYzMjI3LA
image.png

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there. I must say, it's a bit of a shame to see this report. Would much rather we had spoken in Discord and I'm sure this could have been resolved. But oh well, it's ultimately your choice.

Leading up to this situation, it was 3am for me, I was gonna refuel the car and head off, very tired. So I wasn't exactly in the best head space to be taken hostage for potentially a long time. This isn't an excuse ofc, but it does explain my thinking somewhat I believe.

Now, I'll be the first to admit (especially from your POV) the clip doesn't look quite bad. As I tried explaining to you in OOC however (which you didn't really wanna listen to), I genuinely did not see the knife in your hands, only the bat in your friends hand. Partially because of the angle, and because I quite frankly have a shit PC and so I lag quite badly. And so to me, it was a bat vs a gun, which I wouldn't say puts me at any obvious disadvantage (and imho assuming an armed officer should do everything you say because you have a bat (ignoring the knife just for this) isn't exactly reasonable imo, a bat and a knife however, is).
But that's neither here nor there, you did have a knife and so I do understand the report. Had I seen the knife, I would have acted differently for sure. But I didn't and so I will put my hands up and say that is on me. Nothing to say there.

Obviously however, I must say that what you have me wasn't exactly great... You ran up, and decided that an armed officer is a good target? Quite frankly your attitude as well as what I had seen from you earlier whilst driving the G31 made it seem to me that actually fun RP for all sides wasn't really what you were after. All it seemed to me was that it was gonna be a standard 2am half-trolly "Drop all your shit and get dumped" kinda situation. Of course it isn't right of me to just assume your intentions without knowing, but I am merely human, and like I said it was late and I was tired.

At the end of the day, it's not my proudest moment. However I do feel like the circumstances I've outline above does somewhat explain why I acted the way I did. But yea, has I been there now, I would've acted differently for sure. Unfortunately I never got the chance to tell you this as you refused to join me in a discord call, where imo all this could've been resolved without the need for a report...

Whatever the outcome I will own up to my mistakes and take whatever punishment is deemed fitting. Unless asked by a staff lead I don't feel like I have anything further to add at the minute, and so I will refrain from doing so.

Staff / Dev report, will be dealt with by staff leads.

Hello. I agree, it is a shame that it had to come to a report. Had you not have been instantly dismissive of my, imo, rightly justified frustrations in ooc, we possible could have went in to liaison and come to an understanding but your attitude, im sorry to say, has put me right off that notion. Now it has come to light you are part of the staff and dev team I feel the report in this is fully justified as you should know better and should be holding yourself to a higher standard and leading by example.

I understand where you are coming in terms of the time and that you were tired, but this is no excuse to shut down any potential RP that could have happened, im sure this is something you would tell anyone else as a member of staff. You really should have went with it and let us know that you were planning on sleeping via ooc and we could have reacted accordingly. Just as a side to this, we had no intention of dumping you and anyone we have gripped over the last while has either been let go or depending out on the outcome of the rp, were placed in or at hospital.

If you have any clips of your Pov I would welcome you to share so as to change my opinion but at this point it time it seems like another excuse. I also dont agree that because it was bat v gun that you should not have had to fear for your life. You as a character were busy at the time with a petrol pump in your hand, leaving my friend plenty of time to firmly plant his feet and position himself for a well placed swing to your head if you had tried to go for your weapon, if not for our naievity and giving you the benefit of the doubt in not attacking the instant you move, this would have been how thing had played out. You mention on multiple occasions it is Bat v Gun, but at the time you were unarmed, your weapon was holstered so in reality, it was Bat vs Unarmed officer. Further to this, you say you didnt see the knife in my hands but you could tell, regardless of the angle that you were out numbered and that I was indeed holding a threatening pose which would suggest I had something that would have been a danger to yourself.

You remark about what you had seen from ourselves prior but you are again making further assumptions based on the very limited rp you seen us carry out. Every situation is different, the very fact that you are a police officer instantly changes that scenario where we then have to be super careful for a start. Just to say again, you have assumed the RP was going to be sub par, but, you haven't given us the opportunity to carry out any RP and as a member of staff that should be promoting RP, to shut us down off an assumption is not a good look.

I appreciate you trying to explain your point of view but all I am seeing here is excuses with not accountability or understanding of the situation and my concerns.

Well, I said I wasn't gonna respond further but your comment has left me slightly annoyed, I can't lie.

Now it has come to light you are part of the staff and dev team I feel the report in this is fully justified as you should know better and should be holding yourself to a higher standard and leading by example.
First of all, this. I do do this, 99.99% of the time. I have been a part of this community since late 2016/early 2017 and I have never been banned, nor any other form of disciplinary action taken against me. I think the worst ever is that I have been verbally told once or twice in my early days. But at the end of the day I am only human, just like everyone here, and so I slipped up. Have you never made a mistake yourself?

You seem to have this notion that I am "making excuses" without "accountability" which I'm not really sure where you're seeing that. No less that three times in my initial reply do I say that at the end of the day this is my mistake and my slip up, and would I have gone back I would've acted differently. What I also do is explain my side of things, and why I acted the way I did. That's not an excuse, merely why it happened the way it did.

But the notion that just because I am a staff member I can't ever make any mistake, nonetheless at 3am (my time), is quite frankly ridiculous.

I appreciate you trying to explain your point of view but all I am seeing here is excuses with not accountability or understanding of the situation and my concerns.
In all honesty, this reads as if you really just want me banned and try to downplay my clear regret for the incident, no less now that you know I am a staff member. Imo a bad attitude to have... (If that is your attitutde, might just be because this is over text tbh, but it's the way it reads to me I can't lie).
Once again, I do understand your concerns and I, once again, am happy to say that this was a mistake. I'm not sure why you're so hellbent on making me look like I won't own up to that...

If you have any clips of your Pov
Unfortunately my PC is bad enough as is, so I get to choose between playing with moderate lag or playing and recording with horrendous lag 😛

I'm not in any way, shape, or form upset that you made a report. After all it is what I always encourage and so it would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise. But you yourself make quite a few assumptions about the way you think I should act, or the way you think I look at the situation. You seem to have made up your mind without any regard for the circumstances that let to what happened. And that I do find slightly annoying.

Apologies if it has upset you but I am just calling things out as I see they happened and how your responses came across to myself.

I am happy to hear that you have never been banned truly because it does show that you enjoy your RP and you wouldn't be staff if you didn't, but that still doesn't excuse your actions that led to the report.

The reason for the report was to highlight my concerns as I felt that a liason wasn't going to be productive based on your response to my ooc messages.

Your response to that was to say that yes you made a mistake, but gave excuse after excuse along with unfounded assumptions. This doesn't come across to me as someone owning up to their mistake and wanting to improve or rectify the situation at all.

The report is not simply to get you banned, and to say that now because I know you are staff I am pushing further for it could not be further from the truth. This has not factored in to the reason for the report or my responses at all.

Again, I was looking for accountability more than anything for the situation that occurred.

To get back on topic for the reason for the report, you say that you still feel that, even if the knife was not a factor, you still would have done the same thing (bat vs you). I again feel this is in breach of NVL in this situation.

Staff that review this.

I am wanting to wait for a final reply from Nomad and close the report following that.

I am happy that he does understand that he did NVL whilst taking in to account the knife in the situation.

I am more curious at this point about his opinion with the bat vs himself and if possible, a second opinion from another member of staff so all parties involved understand how this should have handled and can be done correctly going forward

Thanks

Apologies if it has upset you but I am just calling things out as I see they happened and how your responses came across to myself.
Of course, I'm only doing the same and I can't fault you for it. Whilst yes, I got a bit annoyed, upset is definitely not where I am at 😛

I am happy to hear that you have never been banned truly because it does show that you enjoy your RP and you wouldn't be staff if you didn't, but that still doesn't excuse your actions that led to the report.

The reason for the report was to highlight my concerns as I felt that a liason wasn't going to be productive based on your response to my ooc messages.
Absolutely, it doesn't excuse my actions in this instance. All I feel it does is highlight the fact that this is truly a one off. And I do understand your reactions to my OOC messages, they were on the poorer side and definitely not up to scratch in my eyes, only just read them back and agree.

Your response to that was to say that yes you made a mistake, but gave excuse after excuse along with unfounded assumptions. This doesn't come across to me as someone owning up to their mistake and wanting to improve or rectify the situation at all.
I'm sorry if it came across that way, text is after all quite bad at conveying intent and tone. I can assure you, I did fuck up and I happily put my hands up and say that's what it is.

The report is not simply to get you banned, and to say that now because I know you are staff I am pushing further for it could not be further from the truth. This has not factored in to the reason for the report or my responses at all.

Again, I was looking for accountability more than anything for the situation that occurred.
I'm happy this is the case. And from this response I definitely feel I misjudged your earlier response. I think perhaps we both have been slightly annoyed initially, you ofc because of the situation, and well me because it's never fun being accused of something. That's not right of me ofc, I did in fact do something wrong.

To get back on topic for the reason for the report, you say that you still feel that, even if the knife was not a factor, you still would have done the same thing (bat vs you). I again feel this is in breach of NVL in this situation.
Looking back at your video, I do probably agree with you. Although it does in my eyes definitely make it a more fair fight. But as you said in your earlier comment "[...] leaving my friend plenty of time to firmly plant his feet and position himself for a well placed swing to your head [...]", this is a good way to put it that I perhaps didn't initially think about. (One of the many reasons staff don't deal with their own situations, I am inherently biased. Perhaps something I would've thought myself as a 3rd party). And with this statement I do agree, even with just the bat, from better position of your friend, to the fact that I am refueling. It probably would've been poor even then.

All in all I'm happy to see your point of view, especially when having thought about it some more. Like I say, at the end of the day it's never fun to be reported and this is the first one where I've actually been in the wrong (if not the first time I've been reported ever) so I was admittedly a bit defensive initially. Once again, I'm only human but I should've still remained more objective.

Staff that review this.

I am wanting to wait for a final reply from Nomad and close the report following that.

I am happy that he does understand that he did NVL whilst taking in to account the knife in the situation.

I am more curious at this point about his opinion with the bat vs himself and if possible, a second opinion from another member of staff so all parties involved understand how this should have handled and can be done correctly going forward
Whilst I of course would be happy to consider this resolved, it's not certain staff leads will necessarily agree this can go without punishment (and I couldn't really blame them in that case). But I do appreciate the approach, and it definitely gives me a new found respect for you, one which I should've owed you earlier.

And of course you should not at all consider any of my opinion in this report as a staff opinion, merely my own (and even then, it's changed). I am way way too biased in this case.

Thanks for your well thought out and well spoken responses, it's truly appreciated.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back