What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 976, 981 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KearnW

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Kearn Welsh

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 976, 981

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 04/27/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 330

What best describes this incident ?: Metagaming/ using ooc information in game

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Me and my friends had been having a laugh and messing around with police and stuff all night, gotten into a bit of trouble and had to go to hospital multiple times, at this point i was carrying nothing out of the ordinary on me.
We were on our way back to city from sandy when we had bumped into someone who had been their mouth in pillbox and outside pillbox, to which they had jumped in their car and managed to drive off from us, at this point we had decided that it might be better to be rolling with a gun so then at least we can force someone out of a car as bats and knives weren't going to cut it.

So in my clip we literally just got back to the shop at this point I decided to grab my gun and head back into the shop, and at this point was unaware that one of the people I was with was streaming on twitch. In this clip you see me walk by him with a gun in my hand and he can also show this on request as he will have his vod of the stream. within about 2/3 minutes after this they show up in a car we start having a chat to which they start asking about gangs and I replied "nah I'm a straight shooter" clearly meaning the fact that I am not involved in gangs and only do legal business now, then out of the blue start asking if one of us had a gun on us which I didn't think anything of until after I had been told someone was streaming and that he thought he had stream snipers.

The rest of the clip pretty much speaks for itself, I don't know if logs will show when everything started and I only know roughly the timings of things, everything just seems funky to me and other people and the streamers chat also said that they must have known, now towards the end of the clip you can see that another person showed up and I was confused to how as the whole time I had seen them they had guns on me and my friend apart from when they were in the car at the beginning. Now I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't just randomly give a GPS to someone that wasn't with me unless there was a reason to i.e. them knowing I have a gun on me.

I know Metagaming is a difficult one to prove, but something about the whole situation didn't seem right, I took the 2 people that I got replies from in ooc to QE where they just said I was moaning and whinging about losing a gun, and got aggressive and abusive to me when all I was looking for was an answer, I don't appreciate playing a game for fun and going out of character to talk to someone and them still acting the character they play in city, its a game and when I ask to liaise with you, you Can be an adult about it.
I'm not overly bothered about the gun itself, just how it was taken from me and things not adding up.

Appreciate this is a long read also a difficult report case to look at, but thank you for looking into it in advance.

Welshy

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/gCnVvonDEQ4

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Hi, I am one of the people your reporting and this will be my reply, firstly you state that you "tried" to resolve the situation with is, this is in which a lie, you called us to Discord and when we showed up instead of trying to liaise, you told us that you knew we where metagaming from a stream on twitch and wouldn't want to hear otherwise, you came in the Queen Elizabeth channel with your own narrative and wasn't willing to hear anything from us, the only reply we got from you when we said we hadn't metagame'd were "Yeah but that's what a metagamer would say".

Secondly you said I didn't pull out my phone once and literally accused us of basically metagaming in-character, you said "Funny how this guy turns up when you never went on your radio or phones the whole time", now to back the fact that not a single bit of this roleplay scenario was suspicious or foul play, I offered to show you a screenshot of the groupchat GPS position that was sent and you said "I don't care it's still metagame". You were asked the question because when we asked you about you being a straight shooter you literally say, "I can shoot straight" now me and my friend being out on the rob, someone who says those words means they could possibly have a weapon on them, just because your friend is streaming this does not mean it was metagamed or OOC information was used, it was never used at all throughout our whole roleplay scenario.

Third and lastly I'd still be willing to resolve this issue with a staff member in the channel because half of the report you've wrote is bogus to be honest with you, all of this quote here is completely untrue "I know Metagaming is a difficult one to prove, but something about the whole situation didn't seem right, I took the 2 people that I got replies from in ooc to QE where they just said I was moaning and whinging about losing a gun, and got aggressive and abusive to me when all I was looking for was an answer, I don't appreciate playing a game for fun and going out of character to talk to someone and them still acting the character they play in city, its a game and when I ask to liaise with you, you Can be an adult about it. I'm not overly bothered about the gun itself, just how it was taken from me and things not adding up." I'm sorry but in the end of the conversation in the discord channel I said "This is beyond a joke now because your upset about losing a gun fairly", I'm not going to sit in a channel and just have one single opinion shoved down my throat when I have genuinely done nothing wrong or broke a single rule. 

Here is an attached image of the GPS which was sent.

NqWq9eR.png

Since you are basically calling me out as a liar lad I'm not going to respond to this until staff do as I'm getting the same mentality that I was getting last night.

You came in to QE and were hostile straight away don't really have any more to add.

Since you are basically calling me out as a liar lad I'm not going to respond to this until staff do as I'm getting the same mentality that I was getting last night.
You got the same respect you gave unfortunately and what you have wrote isn't basically a lie, it is a lie.

You came in to QE and were hostile straight away don't really have any more to add.
I came into QE to resolve a problem that you had, no rules where broken from my side at all that you mentioned and I'm not going to have you shove a narrative down my throat when we are trying to resolve and issue, in your own clip you literally show yourself NVLing by trying to hide the gun by dropping it and then picking it back up while you have a gun aimed at your head, this honestly just seems like a complete revenge report because you lost a pistol. I guess we shall leave it too staff.

I’ve nothing to add to your first comments as we will just be going round in circles.

As for you saying I wasn’t valuing my life for putting it down and back up, I was trying to stall and drag some more RP out not that I got any real fun from it since it was clear you were looking the easy win from minimal RP, however I agree it was stupid to do and was done in the heat of the moment.I swung with my bat expecting some RP from yous leading to you taking me at gun point or something along them lines, there was so much better ways to make it a more enjoyable RP scenario than just robbing us and leaving.

This is my final reply until staff respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there,

One thing, @KearnW, the person that was with you who was streaming, do they save their streams on twitch so we could see it?

For context this was my first ever stream, had 6 viewers which i thought was very odd for a first unpromoted stream. it was apparent there were people from the city watching by the context of the chat

from about 2hrs 15 minutes into the stream the event in question started. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1804532820

For context this was my first ever stream, had 6 viewers which i thought was very odd for a first unpromoted stream. it was apparent there were people from the city watching by the context of the chat

from about 2hrs 15 minutes into the stream the event in question started. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1804532820

yes mate, i can try and get him to reply on here
Hi, after viewing the vod of your last stream, can I ask why you metagame and break character about what we spoke about in the liaison channel? You for some reason decided to speak in game about the time I told you the message was sent and just overall talked about the discord call in game... Also in the stream you can literally see me pull my phone out...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

5 hours ago, R o n said:

Hi, after viewing the vod of your last stream, can I ask why you metagame and break character about what we spoke about in the liaison channel? You for some reason decided to speak in game about the time I told you the message was sent and just overall talked about the discord call in game... Also in the stream you can literally see me pull my phone out...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.

I was letting him know I was doing something about it. It did not influence any further roleplay as I didn't see you again and had no plans to, wasn't  till after this that we added and was able to speak about it properly in discord, this was merely a quick message to him to let him know, and the fact you have went down the route of clipping this to send in here tells me a lot.

It is true we see your phone come out in the car, I am still unsure to what exact time this was at and again the report isn't because I didn't see a phone, its the manner of how everything was done, and like I've already stated it felt like you KNEW I had a gun on me.

After watching back my clips and Orions clips after the situation we spoke about you being on thee phone in the car, and still I felt it was correct and proper to put up a report.

I won't be replying further and will let a staff member deal with this report.

Alrighty, looks like you have all said what you wanted to say, let's deal with this then.

First let's start with the original reason for the report. When it comes to metagaming i don't see it here. You are in a very popular, often visited area, not surprising people show up. You mention stuff including shooting, tho obviously that's not what you meant, but they decided to check you for guns. You'd think if they knew you had a gun they would not only be quite a bit more aggresive and would focus on you, rather then wanting to search your friend first. Put it simply, just because someone you are with streams does not mean that everything that happens to you is metagaming.

Now let's move onto the second thing i noticed, the value of life by Kearn Welsh. Not only do you mess around with dropping and then picking up the gun while having guns pointed at your face, then you straight up lie to them that you did not take the gun. It's clear to me that you do not value your life and you are just doing everything to save your item and kill them, that is not what RP is about and considering your record when it comes to NVL i think another lesson is in order.

When it comes to supposed rulebreaks outside of the original video when it comes to liason or what not, if you feel rules were broken you can submit a seperate report for it to be judged.

Action Taken:

848 - G2.4 - 2 Day Ban as per FBS

Your report has been dealt with, but perhaps not in the way you originally envisaged.

Whether this is beneficial or disadvantageous to you will depend entirely on the situation, and staff will have taken the most-appropriate action in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back