What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Ben ‘Benz’ Shmu - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieW

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Reginald Werthers

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Ben ‘Benz’ Shmu

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 03/20/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2030

What best describes this incident ?: (C2.2) - Exploiting / (G1.5) - Powergaming

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Aztecas and Ballas had a fight at the police impound which resulted in the majority of Ballas being downed. After the fight concluded we began to collect our wounded and Balla bodies, one of which was Benz. In order to escape police attention we drove up to Sandy and filled up the hospital beds, as a result we decided to head up to the dodgy doctor in Grapeseed. Upon arrival we purchased defibs and then began trying to treat Benz. As you can see in both my POV and the POV of the person trying to revive Benz, we begin the process of getting him to his feet where he decides to respawn halfway through the defib process, even choosing to decline the option to be defibbed beforehand, as seen in the defibber’s’ clip. We believe this to be Powergaming and Exploiting as he purposely waits until another Azteca is defibbing him before he respawns, instead of respawning beforehand or as a result of the defib failing. We lost the defib after this incident even with Benz respawning, hence why we believe this was done maliciously.
We also believe he respawned in order to circumvent the chance to be revived even while declining the defib. This ruined any potential RP that could’ve happened between both groups.
As seen in the defib clip, you can hear Benz respawn while the progress bar is 40-50% of the way through, showing that it wasn’t the defib that failed.

We put a message in OOC but it was ignored.
Ballas have done this against us too many times, hence why we believe it needs to be brought to light.

Person defibbing POV:
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/10zeS4NQpRgBSQ/d1337BFrsKVv?invite=cr-MSxua0ksNDg1MTE2ODgs

My POV:
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/10zfjWgf2i_yUJ/VGsMpLOBAXLF?invite=cr-MSx0N2IsMTM2MTE4Njk1LA

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/10zeS4NQpRgBSQ/d1337BFrsKVv?invite=cr-MSxua0ksNDg1MTE2ODgs

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

I don't see how it's relevant as the rulebreak is blatant and requires no extra context due to it being a powergaming/exploit report and the clips provided show it clearly.

Please provide an extended video, at least 3 minutes in length prior to the alleged rule break taking place in order for the dealing member of staff to deal with this appropriately. 

You are not to be the decider on whether a rule break is to be considered blatant, that onus falls on the staff team. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fluqi, I appreciate the fact I am not staff and was not attempting to come across as a decider on which incidents are or are not rule breaks however I do believe from being involved in the situation that it was nothing more than power game (from what I understand the rule implies) which is why I reported this as soon as I could. I had this thought because like other members of the community were watching Archie's Dev Streams in the week in which Archie had mentioned fixing an exploit that people were using to evidently power game in regards to the revive system and how the defibs worked etc. I took the knowledge and the word of a Developer and once confronted with what seemed like an exact match I thought it needed highlighting. I appreciate that the FiveM reporting guidelines state the following; '3-5 minutes of footage before the initial rule break occurs. The only exception to this is blatant rulebreaks.'. Now as I already mentioned I am not coming across as an expert in the field of which rules are or are not broken however the info provided to me and many others from the community regarding Archie's stream that this exact thing is a clear definition of breaking the rule (G1.5) Powergaming. I can respect that Archie is not a staff member however I do hope that he is intelligible on the subject in question as he was fixing an exploiting in which he believed was facilitating people breaking the powergame rule. I hope that this message comes across nothing more than trying to be helpful and understanding, I am happy to discuss more over ts or here if required 🙂

I have however procured an extra 3 mins from my POV, and an extra 3 mins from the POV of another Azteca who was in the car with Benz, to provide the staff team with further context if they feel it's necessary.

My POV: hidden

Alternate Azteca POV:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see in the clip we are in Grapeseed the fight took place as you said in the south of the city by the Police Impound. After being incapacitated zero  medical RP was provided to me for the entire duration of my incapacitation which is understandable as you said you had gang members to prioritise as they needed to go to hospital, as you stated, but you failed to interact with me. I was able to respawn quite a while before I did (before we even arrived at the dodgy) but I waited to see if you guys would provide any medical rp I made groans to get attention but  no one had tended to me neither had a medical personnel seen or assessed the severity of my injuries. I would have loved to have a conversation with you OOC in Teamspeak or Discord but I guess we find ourselves here but I would have said with dodgy doctors at least from what I have experienced with Aztecas most notably when we had taken some of your gang members to the construction site dodgy doctor after a fight in Paleto we failed to provide quality medical attention, I guess because we are not medically trained personnel like the fabulous NHS of the city (/me's were simply not enough) and a good handful of Aztecas respawned as we pulled up to the dodgy doctor as the timer allowed for it. We did not kick up a fuss we accepted it is the players choice provided it makes sense. The circumstances here are the exact same. But now I have given context to the respawn, I actually do not understand your reply, I do not watch Archie’s stream and I seriously have no idea what you mean when you frequently say what I’ve done is an exploit. The respawn option was there no medical RP was provided I do not see the issue with using the respawn button while the option is available, I would have happily gone along with the RP had there been even a baseline of medical RP but as shown in your clip there is none. The 3 minute clip you have provided is useless as it is tabbed out for most of the time with discord stream noises. If someone did have a 3 minute clip you would see there would be no medical or even any interactions for atleast 20 minutes plus. The only interaction was "lets get this balla up" at the end

I was able to respawn quite a while before I did (before we even arrived at the dodgy) but I waited to see if you guys would provide any medical rp I made groans to get attention but  no one had tended to me neither had a medical personnel seen or assessed the severity of my injuries.
You claim you respawned due to no medical RP being provided, yet the Azteca who defibbed you immediately started providing medical RP, going to the extent of /me's and certain emotes. Why did you wait until you were actually receiving medical RP before respawning, if your problem was a lack of RP?

You also claim that you were able to respawn quite a while before you did, so why did you wait until the defib was used, giving you a prompt, at which point wait for the timer to automatically select 'no' for you and then choose to respawn while it was halfway through the progress bar? If you respawned due to lack of RP as you say, why didn't you respawn sooner? It all seems very coincidental and seems like it was done maliciously to make us lose the defib and then end any further RP from happening.

Overall, our main problem is that you respawned mid defib in order to ensure we lost a defib and you were guaranteed not to survive the situation, bypassing the chance the dodgy doctor defib has to revive you even if you decline. Had you respawned before you were being defib'd it wouldnt've been an issue, but the way it was done seems like it was done with ill intent.

So your telling me after 20+ minutes of being taken hostage the only rp I was given was an "emote" that the defib automatically does and one /me saying "prepares defib".  I have said my piece and will no longer replying to this report and will let staff handle it.

I'm telling you that the medical RP had just begun and would've continued, had you not force respawned mid defib. The emote was also not done automatically but that isn't the point. This doesn't change the fact you waited until the defib was 50% done before respawning, powergaming the situation by forcing us to lose the defib and guaranteeing the outcome of the defib, which is the issue that the report stems from.

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Alrighty, enough times gone by for the parties to discuss, but also for the staff team to discuss this report too.

I'd like to first of all start by saying the respawn option is there for a reason. Anyone can press it when they have the option at anytime. If they are in a position (downed) where they can  respawn, some sort of injury must have happened. In this instance, the player has been injured from gunshots. Just because you are providing medical doesn't mean you are 100% going to save his life, and that he cannot respawn. Even when medical professionals are providing life saving treatment, nothing is guaranteed. His condition could rapidly decline at any time.

He is within his right to respawn if he wishes to do so after being shot. It is NOT power gaming/exploiting.

I am aware the fact he done it whilst in the middle of being defibbed has caused a bit of a fuss. I agree in saying that Ben has definitely played in bad faith here, and has quite frankly taken the mick a bit. However I will refer to my conclusion, it is not powergaming or exploiting. For waiting until the defib was purchased, then placed on himself, I will issue a warning for common sense.

CONCLUSION

Char 59326 - C1.7 - WARNING

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back