What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Buff Egan - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodyLtd

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Cody MacCaig

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Buff Egan

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 11/25/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 1530

What best describes this incident ?: Powergaming, Poor RP

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I was selling on mara turf. I had created a leaflet that I had planned to show police if they stopped me. I saw NPAS and decided to continue selling cause I wanted to RP having the leaflet. Police then showed up, shut down every attempt I had at trying to talk to them, detained me, searched me, arrested me. I then spent 1.5 hours in the cells while they raided my house, I had minimum time actually talking to them, apart from when I roleplayed my injuries from the tackle. I was bandaged up and that was it, there was no further medical RP as there was no medics on, so they just said they cant do anything then continued writing the stuff to get my house raided. Finally my house was raided and then I managed to talk to a medic and a solicitor, which was around 20 mins of my 2 hours in jail. I then finally got put in prison, after being told by the solicitor that I would get a extremely small amount of money even if I won a case against them, I decided to talk to egan in liaison. I was then told that he understands it from my perspective but hes heard the leaflet story before and that gang members have shot him before so thats why he acted that way. I frankly think that just because you have lost before, does not mean you can speedrun RP in the future to minimize the chance that a crim actually might get away instead of losing 1 mil worth of assets and 2 hours in custody.

(my fantastic leaflet, i would have been happy if he looked at it and decided it was BS, but he literally has not seen it, I offered multiple times. https://gyazo.com/5e29aec8c09e6466da8a979ab1523940 )

Edit: I dont want him banned or anything, I just think that having my house raided and losing 1 mil worth of stuff because of a robocop RP wasnt a fun way to lose it, if it was actually good RP and I got raided, that would be sick.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYdAkwalsKM
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Cody, 

It is incredibly regrettable and deeply unfortunate that you have decided to place up a report alleging that I have engaged in Power Gaming and Poor RP even after having the discussion in the liaison. You omitted the fact that in this liaison, I apologised for not giving you the chance to show me this leaflet and I offered an explanation as to why you were searched without giving you the opportunity to share your leaflet. Your report above is somewhat lacking in these facts which I will happily share here just so we have the full picture of what actually occurred in this liaison.

Essentially as I see it, your grievance is that I failed to examine this leaflet you appear to have created on Microsoft Paint prior to searching you. Everything after this event is a separate which includes the time in the cells, the house raid and so on and so forth. This entire issue can be summarised as follows; you are stating that because I did not give you the chance to show me this image before detaining and searching you, it amounts to breaches of the aforementioned rules being Power Gaming and Poor RP. I will address this amongst the other items you have raised in your succinct report above. 

As you stated correctly, NPAS had been observing you handing suspicious packages to members of the public outside the Marabunta Grande OCG shop in El Burro Heights. I received a call of a person wearing white t-shirt, black helmet, Marabunta Blue facemask engaging in such activity. I headed to this location and initiated for you to pull over which you complied with. I saw you to be in Marabunta OCG clothing given the Bandana. You were also outside the Marabunta OCG shop. You are a part of a known volatile gang and were displaying your membership and allegiance to this group for all to see. You were observed drug dealing on your OCGs area. There was a strong possibility that other members of your OCG were also in the area. I was pleasantly surprised that you pulled over however I was anxiously cautious as to why you were doing so. It gave me the inkling that you were doing so because you knew other members of your group were in the area and would be able to come prevent me from making an arrest if I was to make one. These are the factors at the time that were all prevalent. I had colleagues confirm that a known gang member, wearing gang clothing, was handing suspicious packages to members of the public outside his gangs shop. Once I got out of my ARV to speak with you, I did so in a friendly and amicable fashion and was completely transparent with you. I think you would agree, this was the case throughout our entire interaction yesterday afternoon. It is not ideal that your voice was not picked up by your recording which you have diligently included above. However, I have footage that I used for the police report. This footage is the exact same as your one above but includes what you stated also. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqTYpBSGhhs

As is evident here, I open the interaction after you pulled your bike over by greeting you and stating to you that we've seen you handing items to the public through handshaking with them. You then state that you were handing out your leaflets and offered me one. I declined and stated that you were detained for a S&S. You then asked why and I responded that I will explain everything once we have you safely secured in handcuffs. You then continue down the line stating "is it illegal to handout tattoo vouchers I've got one if you want to see it". I then order you to place your hands up so I could detain you as you were not complying with my initial request You offered me another chance to see the leaflet and then pull out your phone. I then draw my taser and inform you that you are being red dotted and order you once again to place your hands up. You stated you would prefer not to be tased given you had suffered a head injury recently. I order you to put your hands up once again. You fail to comply and ask for a discussion. I then tackle you and put you into handcuffs. This video ends but your one covers what happened next and that is you were arrested and a large quantity of drugs was seized from you.

I informed you that I intended to detain you and asked you to put your hands up on four occasions before I draw my taser where I then gave you a further two orders to put your hands up before tackling you. 

You ignored my requests to put your hands up on multiple occasions and you also pulled up your phone. I know now that you were fully intending to send this leaflet to me but at the time, as I stated previously, I had a known Marabunta Member outside Turf being detained and you pull up your phone. It was my belief that you were attempting to communicate with your friends to come over and assist. I would have had no way of knowing at the roadside what your intentions were. Whether or not you were genuine and had a leaflet or whether or not you were contacting for help. You will note that I do not draw my taser until I see you pull out your phone.

I chose to tackle you and get you in handcuffs before letting you show me this image because you were a known gang member, wearing your gang's clothing in your gangs area, handing suspicious packages to people. I had no way of knowing how many of you were online at the time and I had no way of knowing what you were doing with your phone as I said before whether you were contacting for help as you knew you were about to be arrested or whether you were genuinely going to show me this leaflet. 

It is entirely unfair to state that because you had a leaflet prepared to show police and  you did not get your way and show it to the police prior to being searched, that this is now Power Gaming and Poor RP. I am failing to see how this can be considered the "classic police win mentality". If this is the situation, all someone has to do is prepare this leaflet every time they go drug dealing and every time they are arrested they can put up a report stating that it was unfair, Power Gaming and Poor RP,  win mentality  et cetera if the police  never look at their outstanding artwork they created on Microsoft Paint and leave them go. If this is the precedent that you are seeking to establish it will remove the purpose of police S&S people because people will have an out every time they are caught. The fact that I chose to detain you was because of the relevant factors that I mentioned before. You acknowledged the NPAS helicopter and you knew it was watching you. You chose to stay in the area and continue to deal waiting for police to come so you could RP which is admirable. However, expecting that a leaflet for the tattoo shop would absolve you of any liability and prevent the police from searching you is shallow. It may work in certain situations however, the way the scenario went with you being in colours outside your shop, you refusing to comply with the requests, you pulling out your phone, me having to draw the taser - it unfortunately went down the road of me exercising that power under S23 MDA 1971. Just because I did not view this leaflet prior to searching you is not an instance of Power Gaming or Poor RP. This is the type of RP between drug dealers and police. I am not entirely sure what you expect from me. I cannot see how you expected me to drop everything in relation to the search because you had this magic leaflet. 

In relation to what happened after the search and the leaflet, the fact that you had 8,000 Indica Bud on you is what got your house raided nothing else. I did my level best to RP with you whilst trying to organise this raid. I thought I was successful with this, we had a bit of fun in the cells. I also enjoyed the medical RP too when we got back to the station. I also enjoyed dealing with your solicitor and the NHS and Fire guys who came to treat you. I had a fun interaction with you and as I said in the liaison, I am sorry if you did not. 

I am repeating exactly what I said in the liaison here. I 100% see your point. If I had the initiative to create this leaflet I would absolutely expect someone to give it some look at least. But unfortunately, the way our interaction went I just didn't get a chance to. I've said it multiple times now but you were detained before showing me this leaflet because you were a known gang member, in colours, outside your gang shop handshaking with people. You refused to put your hands up for me on every occasion I asked you to so therefore I had to tackle you and put you in cuffs. This is not win mentality as you state in the title and description of the video you attached there. To state that this is Power Gaming and Poor RP is a farce and an unfair depiction of me and what I bring to the server. 

It would seem that you missed the point of the report, if I failed to put my argument across correctly then sorry, I will reiterate it. I have no problem with you not viewing my leaflet, I have no problem with you arresting me, I would have had no problem if you viewed the leaflet then decided it was BS and searched me anyway.

I have a problem with the fact that you had decided I was guilty before we even started RP with each other, and played as though that was the only potential outcome. You shut down every chance I had at conversing with you, and then pulled the tazer. I believe it is power gaming as once I had pulled over, there was no possible way for the scenario to go any other way than you searching me, as you did not attempt to do anything other than read off of the stop and search script. I would know, I was police for 2 and a half years, I have read off the script many times, it is not good RP, I did better, and left the force once I realized I was becoming robo cop and not having fun. 

I expect that from the police, the part of the server that has all the power in deciding balance and fun, to act better than to give people no chance of even talking, never mind getting away. The fact that you left your car and immediately said that you had eyes in the area, then that I was detained, rather than even a hint of discussion, is just bad RP. Sure, im a gang member of a gang turf, that does not excuse you shutting down any other attempt at RP just because theres a chance that arresting a gang member on their turf might be a bad idea. Your RP was entirely dependent on the fact that I had drugs. 

You talk about setting precedents, yes, I would like to set the precedent that a snatch and grab is not allowed for someone doing the most boring thing on the server(dealing drugs). I understand that dealing is the most common crime in the server, that does not mean it should be acceptable to arrest someone dealing in a scripted manner, where its either they drive down a path where the police cant follow using a bike, or they get arrested for trying to RP rather than run. 

I’ll reply to your most recent addition properly in due course as I have a lot to say in relation to what you have just said, but can I ask just one thing very briefly?

You stated above that you knew you were being watched by the police and you knew the police had observed you handshaking. What exactly did you expect was going to happen?

I was expecting to have a discussion, where the police would ask what I was doing, then I would explain myself, and then we would go from there for how they would want to take it, they may ask for further inspection of the leaflet, they might ask about me driving ignoring traffic laws to hand them out. Literally anything other than instantly being put in cuffs. 

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Hello @CodyLtd- thank you for taking the time to make this report. Thank you for providing your POV and insight to this as well @Bren104.

I'll be denying this report - in the provided clips, you are not provided with poor RP (which wouldn't class as a direct rule break!), nor are you subject to power gaming @CodyLtd.

Hopefully these few points can provide some insight to my decision:

I have a problem with the fact that you had decided I was guilty before we even started RP with each other, and played as though that was the only potential outcome. You shut down every chance I had at conversing with you, and then pulled the tazer.
This simply isn't true. @Bren104's character suspected you of a crime - as such he moved in with other officers to perform a search to confirm if this crime was occurring. The only attempt at conversing from yourself was to attempt to show the officers your leaflet. Despite being told that the officers were not interested - you persist, and pull your phone out. This leads to a tazer being pulled on you.

I believe it is power gaming as once I had pulled over, there was no possible way for the scenario to go any other way than you searching me, as you did not attempt to do anything other than read off of the stop and search script.
There are many different ways this scenario could've played out. The officer talking to you could've inspected your leaflet and decide to leave you alone. They could've inspected your leaflet and still decide to search you.  They could decide to not view and ignore your leaflet and search you regardlessSuch is the risk you take with performing crimes.

I would know, I was police for 2 and a half years, I have read off the script many times, it is not good RP, I did better, and left the force once I realized I was becoming robo cop and not having fun. 
Place yourself in the shoes of the officer who arrested you - they've arrived on scene to investigate potential drug deals, and upon talking to the suspect - they're given the same "handing out leaflets" script that a substantial amount of criminals have used as justification for going around and interacting/handshaking with locals.

Regurgitating the tired old excuse of leaflets, with a very shoddily put together one (no offense!) - is not good RP.

Report Declined - No Action Taken

As a side note for yourself @CodyLtd- the attitude with the video title of "I love the police and their mentality" is not appreciated. Don't be childish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back