What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a Player - Cool Orion, FlimFlam Triton - Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryker

Investor
Investor
Lifetime Donator
Your In-game name

SGT Ryker [5395]

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

Cool Orion, FlimFlam Triton

Date of the incident

23/11/18

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

Other

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

I am reporting these two individuals for the metagame. Simply put, we landed to find out what Poseidon was doing so close to Kavala so we land and I start by being friendly and saying hello and I get greeted with "Excuse me, we don't actually associate with MI5" and then they continue to explain that the reason they know we are undercover is due to the benches of the helicopter. That is a game mechanic thus they are using out of game information in-game to identify a group of people. I had a chat with Long Beard and he told me that due to how the game works civilians do not have benches and the police ones do, due to that being a game mechanic that his out of game information.

I will not bother to resolve, metagame is a very simple rule to follow and I do not believe resolving the issue would be beneficial, I had enough of people who metagame and get away with it so that is the reason I went straight to a report.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0CJMoib-lw&feature=youtu.be
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

I find it very petty that you called us to laison. We turn up in laison. You then tell us instantly as we join the channel that you decided not to bother. And now its a report. Not sure how that went down. Personally think its silly. Makes me wonder if we didnt turn up to laison you would have just put as attempted to resolve. And all the evidence you provided is a 30 seconds video. Non the less Ill reply to this. 

It is very simple. We spotted your hummingbird following us. We pulled over to see what you wanted. As you are landing we notice that the heli your are flying in is a WASP with benches on it. We know that the only people who use these are undercover police. Myself, Flimflam, and Fabrizio all have backgrounds of rebels. I personally have been a rebel for around 3 years on the server and a good amount of time cop. I know exactly what kind and model of vehicles that are sold to rebels and police. Rebels are unable to buy the kind of the heli you are using. I wasnt even aware of this before FlimFlam informed me. I just found it fun to surprise you guys. Clearly you got upset about that.
I am not sure how this can be seen as a rulebreak. Metagaming is using out of game information, but how do I know that the rebels dont have benches on civilians hummingbirds? I didnt get that information out of game. Been a rebel for a very long time. How do I know police have them? I didnt get that information out of game. We see police use them all the time in operations to bench from, not to be mention all the times I have seen them land and take off from npas. Although I am poseidon I am able to put 1 and 1 together. Every time I see police heli it has benches on it. Rebel helis do not apart from rebel digi. This is purely gained from playing on the server gathering information ingame. As police have drones and helis scouting our lands and bases. Same does Poseidon for the police. I often watch NPAS from a far to get an update on the lastest toys you guys got. 

I dont see where we would have got the information apart from ingame. Its not like there is a list of vehicles for every faction anywhere and the MI5 gear aint exactly public. 

due to that being a game mechanic that his out of game information.
I dont understand how you see a game mechanic to be out of game information? It is in the word game mechanic. It is a mechanic ingame?? 

The undercover police helis always have benches and the civilians do not. I honestly dont understand how this is metagaming as its not stated anywhere out of game for me to read? If you are unhappy about the police undercover helis are easy to identify then perhaps you should put in a suggestion rather than a report

I can upload a video if staff feels the need to. I think its all a bit silly and I think you will probably see this after a good nights sleep. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually we wait 24 hours for reports but seeing as how pathetic this is I'll go ahead and close this now.

It's not metagaming, you got caught out as you didn't verify that your vehicle was fit for purpose (in this case, it had benches when rebel ones do not).  Within RP, people who have lived on this island since birth would be well aware that the "civilian" variants of that skin do not come with any benches installed.  If the Police Force has failed to remove the benches when spraying or trying to disguise one of their own vehicles that that is down to the silly in the garage who need to get out more often.

There were multiple things that could've happened here, example, ensuring you have the correct vehicle for the job (if available), using other vehicles or even trying to roleplay why it has benches (use your imagination).

So no, it's not metagaming, not even close to metagaming.

Rejected

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back