What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Devon Hendrix - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddar

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Ben Raddish

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Devon Hendrix

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 06/25/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2230

What best describes this incident ?: NVL

Please (in detail) describe the incident: On the evening of the 25/06/23, many firearms members were involved in an AFO training at the Zancudo Airbase. Whilst this was going on, we observed a large number of panics in and around the area of Sandy Shores. We left it for the mean time, as we were busy with the training.

After we'd finished the training, a few of us made calls to those who'd panic'ed in the area and asked them what had happened. We were told that 229 were involved in a shootout with police, and very few of the police who went survived. Learning this, a large amount of us went undercover to observe the gang and ideally stop and search them. On one occasion, we successfully managed to arrest multiple of them with firearms and had returned after having dealt with them.

On the second observation of the area around their turf, we were approached by a red local car, with 1 marked 229 member inside. This prompted myself and 1 other officer to raise our rifles at him, and ordered him to step out the vehicle. For a large amount of time, he hesitated, and at one point used his radio. I am unsure as to what he'd said as he was likely whispering, but I'd suspect it was used to prompt people to come aid him. Not long after, another firearms vehicle arrived containing 2 officers, and aided us in our attempt to detain the individual.

Soon after, he exited the vehicle and immediately fled away from us and towards the distant water. Soon after, likely through the use of his radio, a large amount of 229 arrive and so we begin to withdraw.

As early as possible, I requested the individual in the red vehicle to chat in liaison. Along with the accused joining, KC joined. I asked Devon to explain his train of thought with the situation. I got a very stout response from him. In short, the primary argument seemed to be that we were police, and they know that we won't shoot them in that situation. As well as that, the argument that because they were in close proximity to the turf, they shouldn't fear us as much as they have friends in the area.

I firmly believe that, regardless of our position as police officers, he clearly was at an obvious and significant disadvantage. I don't think using the point of "we will likely not shoot you", should negate ones obligation to follow the NVL rule.

As well as that, I don't believe that someone's location should affect their obligation to follow the NVL rule. Of course we accept the risks with performing such an act near their turf, however that should not allow one to disregard what is blatantly in front of them.

From what I understand, KC plans to send a message into the 229 discord highlighting the issue, however I was overall unsatisfactory with the liaison.

I do not plan to respond to any comments not from the accused or staff members. I see no need to begin a discussion with those who sadly were not present for the event in question.

Many thanks to both Devon and any staff members for taking the time to reply.

All evidence:
1st Image: https://prnt.sc/J9P5TYRIwfqP
2nd Image, Upon exiting vehicle: https://img001.prntscr.com/file/img001/XX9s7weoSi-zA8gX4oa19A.png
1st Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopWQJZNe3I&ab_channel=fR0st

To clarify, the video provided is not my POV, I am the officer on the front of the vehicle.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopWQJZNe3I&ab_channel=fR0st

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

As you can see from the video I raised my hands when the guns were pointed at me, you're correct I radio'd in to the boys that are merely 500ft from the location of where I am potentially going to be arrested, I also put a message into the group chat previously stating 2 people here need help.

Now from the video you are correct there was 4 officers, however being so close to turf you can see numerous 229 members pulling up. I got out of the car and ran through the gap towards my members car, and towards the other 10+ members that we had in the area, in an attempt to avoid anything kicking off I chose to run into the water, where KC told me he was waiting on a bike at the otherside to pick me up.

To me there was a clear gap for myself to run through, there was plenty of opportunity for you guys to have pulled out a taser/baton/bean-bag launcher and use this in attempt to prevent myself from fleeing the scene.

I got out the car when the first 229 car arrived knowing that there was many more around the corner that could potentially come to my aid in the situation, knowing this was also a reasoning for doing what I did, my choice was completely situational and would have not chosen to run if I was further away from a place of safety and therefore would have limited my escape opportunities. This was following the instructions of the officer telling me to get out the car.

I feel like this situation specifically being close to my turf and the fact that I have told my members close by on radio and informed those further away over the GC that they were coming to help, I ran through a gap when the 229 car turned up and caused a brief distraction, along with when I was running the main focus was shifted towards more cars turning up and allowed myself to get away safely.

I do not see my actions as NVL in this situation, however could well be if the situation was different.

I appreciate the time that we spent in discord however we left with "i came in to liason to get an idea of what you were thinking" and everything seemed sorted.

image.png

Appreciate the reply.

you're correct I radio'd in to the boys that are merely 500ft
Why when you have 2 and later 4 armed officers ordering you to raise your hands, do you suddenly drop them to radio your friends. I really don't think their proximity affects the fact that you were very clearly ordered to do something, and went in direct opposition of it. Secondly, you'd already told your friends where you were, what was the necessity to further call them over radio?

being so close to turf you can see numerous 229 members pulling up
Why does this prevent you from valuing your life? You are ordered out of the vehicle and simply sit there and wait on the basis that your friends are coming? Right there and then, you are blatantly at a significant disadvantage. Not two ways about it in my opinion.

I feel like this situation specifically being close to my turf and the fact that I have told my members close by on radio and informed those further away over the GC
If you attempted to rob a police officer at a police station with 4 armed gang members, what do you think would happen? What occurs after or during the robbery is an accepted risk on the robbers part, but I will of course comply with the robbers demands.

Secondly, why was there a necessity to run? You seemingly knew you had your friends coming, so why not continue to comply and ensure your escape as your friends can aid you?

To clarify, the NVL rule should only apply if a person essentially chooses to die, as opposed to letting the other side "win". This may be a situation where it is realistically impossible for one to survive, e.g. surrounded by 10 people with guns, or where they choose death purely to "screw over" the opposing side. Taking a chance isn't NVL.

During this situation, I decided to take the chance and run because I saw that my gang was turning up and noticed some of you were distracted by this, causing you to aim away from me. In the clip, you can see I ran towards the gap where there were no officers and towards the water, which was my planned escape route.

In your clip, you can hear other officers begin to panic and ask for backup as they are severely outnumbered. I knew this, and that's another reason I took that chance, knowing I had around 16 people on their way. 

This will be my last reply unless asked by staff.

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Hello! @Cheddar

I've reviewed the evidence provided and have concluded that this is not a case of not valuing life.

@Devon Hendrixin this case complied to begin with and then once the other 229 members showed up he saw an opportunity and made a run for it when the police officers were distracted, therefor not at an obvious disadvantage. 

Declined.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back