What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a Player - DI Ponty [AT240] - RDM (Rejected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CST Andreas Lykke

Your In-game name

[A] Andreas Lykke

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

DI Ponty [AT240]

Date of the incident

06/11/2017

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

RDM

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

I arrived late to an HM and could therefor not join the Robbery. So i stayed away from the robbery and not entering the gun fight and just staying in my vehicle driving on the main road as any normal civilian would, but stopping up around the old ascension gang base where i stopped and looked at the fight going on at the HM, a few Hunters turned up around me and i decided to back a bit off from the scene to give space and not get mistaken for a person there was taking part in the robbery at the moment. The HM was over and they started moving the gold, and I started to scout around in the area, to give some information out to my gang members so they could act on it. Then one of the hemnets crashed and i called it in over teamspeak and witness a police officer killing my gang member. After he died i decided to drive off to help some of the others with the gold, that plan was though stopped a few seconds after as Ponty took his fire arm and shot me dead.
And my problem is that i at no point had my weapon out or even indicating i was involved in the gun fight, I do agree with that police officer theres gonna comments i was driving around and looking involved, but that doesn't give you the rights to shoot and kill me as i could be a random civilian just driving around.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

I have would be pleased if the evidence of me getting RDM can be private msg to Admin dealing with this report as, the video shows gang houses and our new gang base which i wish could be hidden from the public duo to the fact we don't wanna take the chance with other rebels metagaming the houses. Though will link in comments if requested by admins.

My attempt of getting contact to ponty

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
For clarification, this was during the transportation phase of an HM Treasury Robbery.

3 Trucks had left the compound and were being pursued by the Police mounted in Armed Response Hunters. Prior to this, a decent number of sporty's (roughly 3-5) were driving around the direct vicinity of the HM compound and the surrounding towns, including Lakka.

I had positioned myself on the west hill far away from the Treasury and heard comms regarding sporty's in the area. One of these messages entailed "That orange sporty is involved." After which I attempted to take down from approximately 800m, but due to the speed it was going at, I was unable to land a shot on him. 

Later on, I was picked up by Stan. I and proceeded to chase down one of the trucks, and during our chase, Andreas or "The Orange Sporty" was seen floating around the area again, roughly 50-60m away from the HEMMT. The rebel driving it then mounted himself on top of a low rock wall, getting himself stuck. He decamped with a firearm and was briskly neutralised. It was then after that I turned my attention to the orange sporty who was trying to drive away, I clocked on to that it was the same sporty as before and proceeded to go prone, bipod up and take him out, in doing so, neutralising a perceived threat.  

Now I would like to comment on one of the things you mentioned in the report.

Being Involved

I started to scout around in the area, to give some information out to my gang members so they could act on it.
This quote alone directly states you WERE involved with the HM robbery and the role you played. In conjunction with my motivation behind killing you, being "He was a confirmed threat". This alone does not make it RDM as RDM is "Random Death Match". I don't know about you, but if you are DIRECTLY involved with an HM robbery by spotting and scouting for your gang mates, within such close proximity of the firefight. If you are shot and killed, that is your fault. 

Also correct me if I'm wrong, if you are hovering around a gunfight surely you are not valuing your life as a stray round may kill you? Making that Fail RP, as I don't know many people who would waltz around an active shootout because it looks good.

Also, for clarification as to why I did not respond to Andreas prior to this report going up, it is because after that gunfight eventually died down, I was an NPAS pilot for an MH-9 used to pursue 2 stolen Police Hunters, which then extended to a pursuit of a quilin. This took up the rest of the restart.

Hello Mr. Ponty

First of all I would like to mention that I was not in an orange hatchback sport I was in a  grey one I

do believe, but that can be seen in my evidence which I will message to you so you can review the footage as well  (where i trust you won't share it to everyone so my purpose of me keeping it for just the people involved is not ruined).

Secondly how did I get "involved" in the situation and was deemed clear to be fired upon, when there is no cops there that have spoken to me and told me to leave the area, or any form of initiation had occurred. I also did not exit my car at any point during my gangs HM where you could have seen a firearm. Therefore not even giving you suspicion to shoot me.

Thirdly, you class me involved as well,  for scouting for my gang, but how are you supposed to know I was scouting for the gang. Perhaps if you're told I am involved I do see the reason, but then we come back to the fact that I didn't have any guns out or even leaving my car at any point under this operation? and therefore could under no circumstance be classed as involved as no one have told me to back off or anything. I wasn't initiated on in any case, I did not show to be any lethal threat in that situation, i might aswell of been a hobo.

Fourthly, you say I fail rp by not valuing my life, but in fact every time I hear shots near I me (as you can see in the footage) I drive away from the scene to a safe location. You caught me in the act of trying to place myself in a safe location from the bullets. For all I know with footage provided I could just be some interested bystander and that doesn’t give the police the rights to shoot me with lethals does it ?

I have given Ponty the footage so he can respond appropriately now he has a understanding of my perspective, as i forgot to send it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Andreas Lykke Please PM me the video and include @Ponty in it too please (the same message).

From the responses of the report, I have an idea of what has happened but would like to see the video before making any comments on it.

For the record, I have nothing else to comment or mention. I will leave this to a staff decision.

As a clarification to this, the matter in question seems to be whether an unarmed person being killed as part of a gunfight is justified. Fundamentally, the answer to this would be no, unless it can be clearly justified the person involved was being of assistance and therefore formed part of the threat posed.

From your various times of opening the map, there appears to have been 3-4 hatchback sports vehicles involved in the situation, which are night would have been difficult to distinguish, and from the communications of the video and what you have both stated above, if I were in the position of @Ponty, I would have assumed they were also a threat and part of the convoy.

You may not have stepped out of the vehicle and drawn a weapon, but you were nevertheless involved in the situation and were a part of the group engaged. If this were in the middle of Kavala I would perhaps understand and somewhat agree with your position @Andreas Lykke, but you are in the countryside at night with no visible civilian presence, driving in similar vehicles to your comrades in the middle of an active firefight.

A little advice for the future perhaps is to roleplay, not ruleplay, these situations. You knew from the video yourself what was happening, and if you play with fire like that you will from time to time get burnt.

Report rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back