What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a Player - DSGT Ross - Poor/Low Quality RP (Denied)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSt4r

Banned
Your In-game name

dawg

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

DSGT Ross

Date of the incident

01/16/2017

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

Poor/Low Quality RP

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

I was involved in a police chase when I pull up to a military tower and decamp. I am then ran over by the police car (I know this wasn’t intentional VDM). After being run over, I am then knocked out with no RP whatsoever by DSGT Ross and then handcuffed, all of this whilst I am still in the VDM script. Upon being restrained I waited around 20 minutes, before receiving any form of roleplay from the Police’s side.

I feel this was extremely poor on his behalf as he knocked me out without engaging in any form of Roleplay, especially seeing as he is a member of a whitelisted faction.

Rules I feel were broken here:

-Poor RP- I had no RP prior to being knocked out which would constitute to that.

-9.1.4- Police must keep a high level of role play at all times.

-7.1.1- Taking hostages must be roleplayed to a very high quality.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hri5594_jf8

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
@JStar Could you please provide a longer video. Ideally 5 minutes prior to being knocked out, or the start of the police chase - whichever is longest. If you don't have that amount available, just submit as much as you can and I'll review it shortly.

@Rossss Would appreciate your input on this too.

I was involved in a police chase when I pull up to a military tower and decamp. I am then ran over by the police car (I know this wasn’t intentional VDM). After being run over, I am then knocked out with no RP whatsoever by DSGT Ross and then handcuffed, all of this whilst I am still in the VDM script. Upon being restrained I waited around 20 minutes, before receiving any form of roleplay from the Police’s side.

I feel this was extremely poor on his behalf as he knocked me out without engaging in any form of Roleplay, especially seeing as he is a member of a whitelisted faction.

Rules I feel were broken here:
-Poor RP- I had no RP prior to being knocked out which would constitute to that.
-9.1.4- Police must keep a high level of role play at all times.
-7.1.1- Taking hostages must be roleplayed to a very high quality.
As I said, I knocked you out as a panic move in the heat of the moment. The background of the situation is we knew there were armed invictia running away from the police, who we chased, as he got out our car was alongside him so it ran him over. As I seen this as his fault I decided to restrain him, but to avoid claims of combat restraining (Which would not be true, as he wasn't going anywhere) I knocked him out. I know it wasn't right and could be roleplayed more, but this was heat of the moment. The 20 minutes standing without RP cannot be my fault at all, I survived no longer than 1.5 minutes before I was shot so there is no way I could have roleplayed. 

With regards to taking hostages rule, you were clearly not a hostage so this rule is not relevant.

We discussed this on teamspeak and to be honest I don't understand why you put this up. This is clearly not a long standing issue which you said yourself. I admitted this was a mistake in the heat of the moment, apologised and assured you it wouldn't happen again. 

@Vaffla The car chase started at Athira Garage with a few armed men running about. They said they were invictia so I shouted something along the lines of "Invictia! Stop!". Apart from that, it was just a car chase.

(3.5) Restraining & Zipties - If you have been restrained or detained, you must broadcast your communications through direct chat until your radio has been removed from you in roleplay. At this point, you are no longer able to use any communication to contact your friends or gang members, This includes: group chat/teamspeak/skype or any other way of communication.

You were speaking on your radio after it was fairly obvious you were being detained. You were knocked out and there was no way you could speak ingame.

I don't understand why this has been reported when all mistakes were acknowledged and we could have moved on and learned. You said yourself this is not a reoccurring issue and roleplay is usually good from my end.

Last edited by a moderator:
@JStar Ross stated above you two spoke on Teamspeak after this. If he apologised and accepted he made a mistake, can I ask why you felt this report was necessary? As per the announcement by management, resolving is no longer a requirement, but is strongly encouraged still.

I believe I said myself at the end of us speaking something along the lines of… I’m not happy with the resolution. I made this report as a result of me not being content with the result of the attempted resolution and that I saw a rule clearly being broken which I don’t believe can be adequately compensated in any form. I also noticed that you made a post under the rules feedback topic in which you raise this situation as an issue under the current rule structure. This indicates that you didn’t know what you did was a breach of the rules. I fail to see how someone who has been a member of this community the length of time which you have been is unaware of that you need to provide quality roleplay before knocking someone out and restraining them… hence as to why this report has went up.

I don’t believe a video 5 minutes prior to me being knocked out will show anything viable to this report as during that time both parties were involved in a car chase during which no words were exchanged. Prior to this car chase as Ross has mentioned before, the only words said by him remotely close to being initiation of some sort were, “Invictia! Stop!”, or something along those lines, which doesn’t constitute to being able to knock someone out after a fairly lengthy car chase comes to a sudden stop. Especially when you factor in that you’re a DSGT in the police and have been a member of this community for a lengthy amount of time, I believe you knew exactly what you were doing in this situation and that you had adequate time (90 seconds) to correct your mistake.

In regards to the hostage rule 7.1.1- Taking hostages must be roleplayed to a very high quality, I said this indicating that I believe this applies to the Police as well. As when they restrain someone (against their will) it is similar to a rebel taking someone hostage, hence as to why quality RP should take place, which in this case it didn’t as no roleplay took place for a period of 20 minutes between myself and the Police.

Ok, as both parties seem to have quite similar perspectives on events, I am satisfied there is enough information above to wrap this up.

@JStar You are correct to say police must maintain a high level of RP at all times, although that would fall under 9.1.4 since I do not believe hostage taking is the same as a member of the police arresting a person in the course of their role. While it seems obvious as both parties agree the experience was sub-par, there is a clause of common sense I feel is more appropriate to the situation which isn't explicitly stated in the rules but is close to what is expressed in 1.7. Player reports are designed to find and aptly handle rule breakers to keep the community in order, categories I do not feel fit the character of @Rossss from what I know of him and what is stated in the report.

I would in future perhaps advise working towards a solution together in future. I appreciate you may not have been in complete agreement upon an outcome or resolution, but I get the sense that both parties went into the resolution process without an aim which lead to you being unsatisfied with the outcome.

Given the circumstances and the limited video provided, in some ways I am willing to say it is probable a rule was broken - most likely RDM due to a failure to provide any decent RP prior to the situation and a lack of quality initiation. However, this report shall be denied on the grounds I feel Ross made every attempt to resolve the situation and recognised he made a mistake at the earliest opportunity. Bans and reports are not intended for members of the community who simply made a mistake.

Instead, having spoken to @DI Wiisy , I feel this is better handled internally as a police complaint as opposed to a staff report. Police are free to decide their own handling of the issue internally. @Rossss I would recommend you make some time to speak to Wiisy or a member of your command when you are available to discuss it with them. As for this report though - no action is to be taken against yourself.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back