What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a Player - Jim Ryan - RDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

17ambi

Your In-game name

ambi Orion

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

Jim Ryan

Date of the incident

20/02/19

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

RDM

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

I was breaking the speed limit on the main road then this Hatchy pulls out in front of me. I turn around to ask him what the fuck he s doing. Decamps, pulls a weapon, says "Get out! Get out! I'll kill you" shoots me while I was trying to drive away for the dear life. After alot of convincing, he comes to the Liaison saying that he doesn't have to carry out high quality RP because his level of roleplay should be directly proportionate to the level of rp i provide, in this instance driving off. So what he's saying is he doesnt have to initiate properly. We take the video to an admin. The other guy he was with was trying to justify that poor bit of RP by telling the admin I was driving at high speed which is next to irrelevant. The admin in question was Pr0xity who handled the situation well trying to explain to them everything but both of them, mostly Jim Ryan, were picturing their own set of rules as they did to me. Seeming that we can't come to a resolution I let everyone know I was gonna leave the channel and Pr0xity gave me the green light to go and file this.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_eT8qB-64Y&feature=youtu.be
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

As I was a part of the situation, may I please refer to the following rule: 
(3.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over teamspeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via Teamspeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together.

Your video clearly shows that you said "guys, guys.. I'm being initiated on" on teamspeak without saying this ingame. There was no gunfight when you said this.

In my opinion you should of followed his commands, even though it was poor initation/poor rp, there was a weapon aimed at you. You should of stopped and roleplayed it out instead of driving off while he was still a threat to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
as you can see in the bottom left i was speaking in direct comms. lmao. and you cant tell me what i should do during any roleplay scenario as long as i follow the rules which you and your friend dont even know. keep that to yourself, thanks

Alright. Sorry, I did miss that.

The fact that you are saying you play by the rules bothers me. Instead you bend the rules, in your own favour. Yes, you do follow the rules, but you do not try your best to keep the roleplay going on. The initiation might of been bad, but the entire roleplay situation could of turned around if you decided to roleplay us. We might of had a really good and fun plan for you.
The fact that you tried to leave the scene while guns were being aimed at you is wrong. When you roleplay, you try your best to engage into roleplay situations. This could of been one of them, but instead you decided to drive off and ignore the entire situation, leaving us and yourself to us as a threat, hence why you have been shot.

You did call for backup, as can be heard in your video, therefor you became a threat to us when driving off. For me, that is not RDM. RDM would be when you get out of your car at that time and we immediately shoot you with no reason whatsoever.

Once again, yes the quality of initiation was poor, but it could of turned into a really interesting situation where both parties would have had fun. If you decided to not run off - while there were weapons aimed at you - you wouldn't be shot. That means that the reasoning behind you being shot is that you did call for backup, and you did pose a threat to us when you tried to drive away. How high were the chances that if we didn't kill you there, you would come for us with your group and shoot at us? I think these chances were pretty high, as your entire group was around.

Accusing me of not knowing the rules is wrong. I didn't break any rules. I do know the rules. I do feel that you are bending around them, in your favour instead of in favour of the roleplay situation. Please provide any evidence where I break or do not know the rules, otherwise your statement on that is very clearly wrong.

You calling upon your gang makes me feel even more threatened, so we have to incapacitate you asap before we die. Your are indirectly threatening us with hostility by calling your boys about the situation. For me to stop that threat I had to shoot you. Therefor this is not RDM.

You did call for backup, as can be heard in your video, therefor you became a threat to us when driving off. For me, that is not RDM. RDM would be when you get out of your car and we immediately shoot you with no reason whatsoever.
pretty contradictory to what your friend said when I posted this report, saying that he understood where he was wrong. anyway dude, you were told by an admin and by me if that counts that this is a blatant case of rdm but sure man you do you. If you don't consider this an rdm after an admin told you, neither you or your friend should still be around on the server. 
me driving away is in no way breaking the rules, you kept bringing this up in the liaison and with the admin. its pretty immature to try to pinpoint this towards me with obviously bullshit arguments.

You calling upon your gang makes me feel even more threatened, so we have to incapacitate you asap before we die. Your are indirectly threatening us with hostility by calling your boys about the situation. For me to stop that threat I had to shoot you. Therefor this is not RDM.
the problem was your initiation not the fact that you shot me. this was told to you multiple times. this is my last reply as i feel like you guys cant bring anything that i havent heard before from you. as i said ill wait for an admin

the problem was your initiation not the fact that you shot me. this was told to you multiple times. this is my last reply as i feel like you guys cant bring anything that i havent heard before from you. as i said ill wait for an admin
I didn't incapacitate you until you called for back up. The initiation is one thing, but based on your actions by calling your boys(which is a threat for us) I'm justified by shooting at you, thus it's not RDM.

I didn't incapacitate you until you called for back up. The initiation is one thing, but based on actions by calling your boys(which is a threat for us) I'm justified by shooting at you, thus it's not RDM.
you didnt think about this excuse during the conversation with the admin. nice save but try again, your friend just proved with his first reply that you guys didnt even hear me initiating although i did hotmic. also i didnt threaten you with lethal force i just told my boys im being initiated on, you cant kill someone without a proper initiation unless he threatened you with lethal force

you didnt think about this excuse during the conversation with the admin. nice save but try again, your friend just proved with his first reply that you guys didnt even hear me initiating although i did hotmic. also i didnt threaten you with lethal force i just told my boys im being initiated on, you cant kill someone without a proper initiation unless he threatened you with lethal force
Rick didn't hear that, he was not in the proximity to hear you. On the other hand I was close enough to hear you calling for back up. Thus I shot at you, to end that threat. Again not RDM

I didn't hear that. In fact Jim told me afterwards that he heard it. Therefor that makes a pretty invalid argument.

still RDM as no initiation was made on your life. i just said i was initiated on, that does not warrant killing me without initiation or with an invalid one such as the one you had. NOW i will actually stop responding 

still RDM as no initiation was made on your life. i just said i was initiated on, that does not warrant killing me without initiation or with an invalid one such as the one you had. NOW i will actually stop responding 
You're wrong, I initiated and you proceeded to call your boys, you even admitt you have been initiated while calling them, which makes it clear it's an initiation and you acknowledge that by calling it out to your friends. And that sounds like you're calling for help, thus you're now a threat. Again not RDM

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

@Jimiscool According to other staff members you said that you were ready to accept any outcome of this report and understood what you done wrong so how come you are claiming your innocence now? Could it be that you said what you thought the staff member wanted to hear to get out of trouble and are not saying what you think will get you out of trouble?

As Jim is not responding I am going to go ahead with this report. As we can see in the video there is barely any interaction between both parties before any shooting happens. Ambi almost crashes into the sporty in the middle of the road then stops at which point Jim jumps out yelling "get out, get out" at which point Ambi says that he is being "initiated" upon and tries to drive away to safety. @Jimiscool 

You're wrong, I initiated and you proceeded to call your boys, you even admitt you have been initiated while calling them, which makes it clear it's an initiation and you acknowledge that by calling it out to your friends. And that sounds like you're calling for help, thus you're now a threat. Again not RDM
You state that you shot him because he was calling his friends. Just because something doesn't go your way doesn't mean you have to kill them you could've just as easily left Ambi alone or decided to continue by shooting his tires and continuing the roleplay from there. This would've given Ambi time to either comply or fight back but instead you go directly for the kill. As said earlier according to other members off staff you said that you were ready for face any punishment and now in the report you start saying it's not RDM because he asked his friends for help. Let me make it clear what RDM is here. RDM is when you shoot someone for either no reason or provide piss poor roleplay before doing so. Now sure there are some exceptions for example when someone disables your car you may fight back but to shoot someone you will need to provide high quality roleplay leading up to the shooting. Yelling get out twice and then threatening to shoot and instantly doing so is not good roleplay. Sometimes when you want to rob someone you will have to accept the fact that they may call in friends this does not mean you can RDM them it's part of the roleplay you are trying to rob a cartel member expect some resistance unless you have a plan cut out.

All this being said Jim you will be receiving a ban for your actions as well as attitude in this report. Don't act as childish in your appeal and listen to what people say.

Action Taken
Jim Ryan - Banned for 2.2

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back