What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Kay Smith - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Gold Standard Roleplayer
Los Santos Police

Server: GTA RP
Your Character Name: Bill White
Reported Players: Kay Smith
Date: Mar 18, 2024
Time: 17:20
What best describes this incident: Random Deathmatch
Please (in detail) describe the incident: I was on patrol in my van just wandering around the city. I had just pushed an abandoned local car to the side of the road as it was slightly blocking traffic. Two individuals approached me who I believe to be Kay SMITH and Lois GREEN.

With minimal prior interaction their first action was to draw a submachine gun on me. I put my foot to the floor and Kay SMITH began shooting.

It is random deathmatch to attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay.

The roleplay could have been furthered, perhaps by either chasing me down with the pickup truck they had, or abandoning it all together as a failed attempt and going on the run. Not by instantly shooting someone.

Didn't attempt to resolve as these individuals persistently behave in this way.
Link(s) To Any Evidence: https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/...vite=cr-MSxWVWUsNzIyNDgzMiw?mobilebypass=true

Tagging @kenza so they are aware of the report and able to respond if they wish.

Hello mate , i am happy to come qe and sort this out because i dont think this is rdm and there was no message in ooc if your willing to let me know

Hello mate , i am happy to come qe and sort this out because i dont think this is rdm and there was no message in ooc if your willing to let me know
You're not being reported.

Hello @M,

I believe this report is unnecessary as firstly you could have asked me to come to QE to try resolve this or ask for my opinion but made no effort?

Secondly, I have seen your POV and I don't understand how it was RDM. We were planning to hold you up and have a bit of fun with you but after you hit Lois with the van I pointed my gun at you and said "hop out of the car, don't panic" which you did not comply with and proceeded to drive off which I believe is NVL?

I also don't appreciate hearing our names getting called out on radio from someone who was not even at the situation?

If staff would like I do have a full clip of my POV if necessary?

I also don't appreciate hearing our names getting called out on radio from someone who was not even at the situation?
Out of my control and was in RP.
proceeded to drive off which I believe is NVL?
I don't believe my character was at an 'obvious disadvantage' per the server rules. Of course that's not the reason why I put my foot on the gas. I was already making my way to leave with the engine running. As soon as I recognised the threat I was off. I don't think its fair to say that my course of action was NVL considering it was a split second decision and I made every effort to escape the potential harm I was put in. I just don't think I've broken a rule here.
Secondly, I have seen your POV and I don't understand how it was RDM. We were planning to hold you up and have a bit of fun with you but after you hit Lois with the van I pointed my gun at you and said "hop out of the car, don't panic"
Just because you didn't have time or opportunity to say your full spiel of initiation (dare I use that term), doesn't mean that you've provided quality roleplay. It is your responsibility to provide high quality roleplay before attacking other players.
you could have asked me to come to QE to try resolve this or ask for my opinion but made no effort?
Its not required and I don't think it is the right step in this case. I have reported you once before for the same rule break, of which you received a ban.

Thanks for your reply @M.

Some points I'd like to go over.

I don't believe my character was at an 'obvious disadvantage' per the server rules.
So honestly, if we are going by server rules I believe neither of us have broken a rule here. Once you had run my partner over some genuine roleplay in terms of checking she was okay wouldn't have gone a miss and would have probably ended this differently and for the better. You was NOT at an obvious disadvantage at that point however me then pointing a gun at your vehicle does put you in some danger, even if it's only 1 gun. On this occassion you chose to take the chance and try to get away.

As soon as I recognised the threat I was off.
On the other hand you could have gone along with the RP which is high quality as possible when people actually want to roleplay. You was outside of AE which is a pretty main road and leads to many other main roads and a main intersection in the city and it didn't mean that if you stopped it was a done deal for us to get you out of there etc. There was still chance for us to get caught in the act for example.

I don't think its fair to say that my course of action was NVL considering it was a split second decision
The same goes for me in terms of I don't think it's fair to say that I've RDM'd you when you was given clear instructions and you chose to not listen to them. I then had to make a split second decision like yourself on what to do and in this case I believed shooting to warn or shooting to kill was the correct decision, just as your decision was to instantly drive and not process the threat. As I said before there was so much more roleplay that could and would have come from it if you did stop.

It is your responsibility to provide high quality roleplay before attacking other players.
I agree, it's also good to provide high quality roleplay when running someone over or having a gun pointing at your window for example but you chose to put the hit-n-run and a gun aiming at you aside, which again I think you are entitled to do, to take a chance with 2 gang members which is only going to lead one way. Either a shootout between a select few from either side or a big fight between Balla's and Feds in general. Which if possible is better to avoid than to embrace. You decided to shut down all quality roleplay that could have come from this when you drove off, which I can only say now is a shame to be honest.

I would also like to point out lastly that in this case I did not kill you. So much roleplay is still open from this situation however you have brought it to the forums when it could still be dealt with in RP. I didn't pursue you after shooting at you and you kept your life which could easily create a good storyline between your character and me and Scouse or Ballas in general.

I have attached my POV here -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello all,

I've been looking at this report the last couple of days and picking up a few points to think about and ultimately I've came to the following conclusion,

I'm going to be denying this report today for the following reason,

M, you took the decision to return to your vehicle when Kay and Lois approached you and you attempted to make off, but unfortunately you hit one of them with your vehicle, that is fair enough. They then pulled a gun out and attempted to ask you to step out but you made off, again, not a problem as you had the chance, because you drove off though, they decided to fire some rounds towards your vehicle, this would have potentially caused them more issues than anything, but its not random.

I hope you understand my reasoning,

Thank you.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back