What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Liam McLaughlin - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny Pebble

Lost MC
Unlinked
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Dean Williams

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Liam McLaughlin

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 01/23/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2130

What best describes this incident ?: Combat logging x2

Please (in detail) describe the incident: First video is from the 23rd, at 9:30pm where we had downed Liam McLaughlin during a fight with Cutlass. After the fight was over, we tried to grab him off the floor but he disappeared from his "internet disconnecting" this occurred around 3-4 times, the last of which I got on video - the logs should show the other ones. (https://youtu.be/Q-ZiPguhWSQ)

From our point of view, he was left on the floor during the entire fight we had with cutlass and once we went back to try take bodies after there was none left - was when his "internet" started to have issues. I was willing to give Liam the benefit of the doubt seeing as he was previously banned for this, and hoped he had learned his lesson but we was not contacted either through discord or OOC regarding this disconnection so to me, this looks like an attempt to just save guns, inventory or whatever he had on him at the time as he has more than likely logged back in at some point and been revived/rescued, with it being around Mirror park where lots of cutlass live and the route normally has a lot of traffic.

Due to IRL commitments, I was not around the following night much to write up a full report on this combat log.

The second combat log that occurred:
This combat log took place on 25/01/2023, at roughly 12:30 where Liam disconnected once we had him and was transporting him to a location for some RP too take place. The buildup to this situation was across multiple hours, them instigating and trying to antagonise us over Tweedle with various photos of our downed members and as well as, once we turned up to a party for Dinz' return, them getting more and more threating to us - all during this time, we had people at the party that was hiding amongst them and we know that Liam was in attendance for the majority of the event and we did not notice any disconnections from him, we have no video proof (apart from Dinz Vod due to him streaming at the time, should show him being there the entire time) . On-top of the ballas situation, he was taken to pillbox following being downed at the party where he waited out the full treatment with a medic, was revived and then we grabbed him shortly after from pillbox. On the way out of the city, once we was clear of all police etc was when he started to have "internet" issues. Once again, after he was not going to be saved from the sitaution he was in - due to the time, we did not want to wait for any longer next to where he logged off to continue the RP.

I do not have any video from this combat log, but I can reach out to the rest of the gang to get some video evidence if needed - but please see below from the messages he put within the RPUK Groups discord to say his internet was having difficulties, alongside the screenshots of his steam profile at several different times during his "internet outage" - all showing that he was infact, online and had games open such as crosshair x/Fivem while showing pictures from his phone of his error message

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/878785067848183818/1067611263099744277/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/878785067848183818/1067611263443685486/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/878785067848183818/1067611263934415011/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/878785067848183818/1067611264228012152/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/878785067848183818/1067611264496455721/image.png

From both these situations he did not contact us OOC to either sort out a time to continue said RP that we was going to have from both situations instead he has more than likely been revived by either his gang or NHS hours after the gunfight occured - Saving his inventories in both situations.

Normally, I am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt as this is my first report that I have placed in the last 7 years but both situations, being so similar in that the fight was over and we had secured the area the "internet issues" began

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/Q-ZiPguhWSQ

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Hello pal,

this is me in the clips I usually have network issues between 12-4am and its been like that for the past week or so (staff can look in the logs) regarding my steam profile steam still runs when you try to reconnect and Crosshair-X still runs while offline, I had made a ticket the second my internet was having network issues and the staff can look into that.

but the first clip was before the midnight - 4am issues, knowing that there was a chance that you was going to encounter these issues why would you still play the server during the times that you usually disconnect.

you was attending parties (which you was online I do believe for the entire time), baiting us on tweedle as well as while you was at the party which was followed by getting involved in gun fights between the gangs.

Furthermore, once you was revived in pillbox and you knew we was around you still started taking photos, posting stuff on tweedle and was standing around in full colours with some other members of cutlass. There was every chance that the RP was going to continue from this.

Both times we had you away from the public eye, the area was clear and a chance for a further developing storyline to take place instead you just stayed logged off and never attempted to contact us OOC to continue the RP - I believe another person, not cutlass, was banned for this exact situation "Scrabbles"

The excuse of crosshair x reporting you was still playing while your internet had crashed is just clutching at straws. if you had no internet connection, steam would not show you for around 15 minutes ( i could be wrong on my timing) of playing crosshair X and fivem. If you was offline, steam would appear offline - the only anomaly to this being if you had steam on your phone, which would not show you playing a game but instead an online symbol with a small phone located next too it.

With no internet connection, steam cant broadcast what you're playing to all your friends

Last edited by a moderator:
In my defence the reason I don't log out at these times is because we've been fighting 229 as soon as Im about to log off 

I’ll leave this as my final reply as staffs got to go through everything and want to save them time reading

Both times are very suspicious in terms of how long you was online before you had internet issues, both times we was not contacted to continue where we left off instead you was more than likely saved - first being mirror park, second being around the Calais fuel area and third ur only reasoning behind you still being online during the times you suffer the most outages being - ‘because we’ve started fighting 229’

I’ll leave this up for staff to decide

Hello!
@whallapor
You have presented a lot of excuses and ''mistakes'' here but what I would have liked to see is you reaching out to the other parties and letting them know your connection dropped so that it can be arranged for the RP to continue once you're back online, maybe even an apology. Instead what I see is someone who takes advantage of his situation under the assumption that since you, supposedly, don't have any control over this you won't be reprimanded for it. 

C2.3 - Combat logging
Permanent ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back