What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a Player - SGT Delta [7791] - RDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool

TankMeister
Your In-game name

Cool Orion

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

SGT Delta [7791]

Date of the incident

13/12/18

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

RDM

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

Was informed by one of my mates that a RBA international was going down. We went there to check it out and nick some easy spikestrips. When we turn up there we spot a hunter and slow down to have a closer look. I then get ripped out the car by Delta.

Had a chat with him afterwards. He didnt feel like he did anything wrong and that he apparently wasnt able to tell if we were rebels or not. We were driving a marked car with uniforms on. We were told by a fellow officer that they were looking for a black quilin and that was why we got shot. Delta claims that he cant tell the difference between our marked vehicle and uniform from a black quilin with rebels inside. I do agree that if they were looking for a dark arid coulered quilin then perhaps ours can be confused. I dont believe it can be confused with a black quilin. I dont understand how he expects a qulin who is doing a full stop on the side of a hill without any cover at all would be involved in a gunfight. He states he couldnt tell if we were rebels or not, but even if we were rebels it would still be RDM.

He doesnt seem to care at all about RDMing and seems to care more about defending his actions rather than apologizing and offering compensation. He is in a whitelisted faction and in AR. He should be aware of the rules and be able to tell a black qulin from a poseidon qulin. He seems to have missunderstood the rules and believe it is our fault for being there. Instead of it being him shooting people he did not know was involved. His defense is that our camo look like rebels. But if we were rebels then it would still be RDM so I honestly dont see how that is any excuse for his actions.

I have the understanding that everybody breaks rules and mistakes does happen for everybody, but when it does happen then you need to own up to your mistake. Apologize, offer compensation and show an understanding of what was done wrongly etc. If he had told me that he was sorry and that he was wrong to shoot us. Then offered compensation then I wouldnt have had an issue. 

Teamspeak conversation:
d84fe1bb110146d1d4b889941667cd67.png

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_bDPtnGNQ&feature=youtu.be  
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems a bit silly doesn't it? You knew you were driving into a gunfight, your clothes and camo are regularly confused for rebels, what was the logical outcome in your mind?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can see the quilin drive back and forth on the hill, then you drive along and get shot at.

You can see the quilin drive back and forth on the hill, then you drive along and get shot at.
It goes up the hill and goes to the right. Doesnt come back so its doesnt go back and forth. Anyways dont matter.

Like I explained above I am not really bothered about getting killed as mistake happen all the time. What bothers me is that you seem to care more about defending your actions instead of apologizing and admitting that you just RDMed me. Just like displayed in your response here you dont seem to care at all about the fact that you RDMed me. I dont think you would go around and RDM people for fun. Just bothers me that you dont just go "Yeah I RDMed you. Wasnt intended at all. I spotted a qulin that went in the direction that you came in. Here is a screenshot of what your quilin looks like from where I was. I am very sorry that you got caught in the crossfire. Do you need compensation for your gear". Then it be solved plain and simple. After watching your pov i understand why it may have been hard for you to tell. I personally thought you were at the rocks right next to me. However regardless of how hard it may have been you still did RDM me. 

I think we can all agree that you did RDM. Question is if you did it on purpose or not. And if you even care about the fact that you did. I dont understand why you would rather put the blame over on my behalf instead of just saying sorry?

Play silly games, win silly prizes. I am not gonna bend over backwards apologizing when you knowingly drove into a gunfight and then complain when you get shot at. I recognized the mistake and apologized 
6168b6223ff06aa2d57b88f37d1685e4.png

Play silly games, win silly prizes. I am not gonna bend over backwards apologizing when you knowingly drove into a gunfight and then complain when you get shot at. I recognized the mistake and apologized  
I expected people to be able to identify us as poseidon. Same as when there is a gunfight between rebels then police some times enter the area to investigate. Like I said im not bothered about you making a mistake. Both here and in the chat you dont seem too bothered about the fact you RDMed. You care more about blaming me and throwing dirt rather than simply owning up to your mistake. 

Should I have shot a person not involved in a gunfight? no. I am not disputing that. However, you should not have been there to begin with. Its not even in a populated area, you went out of your way to be there, knowing full well there was a gunfight. You admit that. If this was in the middle of kavala/agios/athira lets say and you had no idea there was anything happening, I would be a lot more apologetic.

You also don't seem to get that being in Poseidon colours mean very little in the ways of identifying targets.

This is the original quilin:

b69a19e03e11b2c4dd319794ba6f625d.png

This is you:

7862a389cf523e7b6c07ba49814c4527.png

This is you while I was scoped in:

9bdadbe6a29202e592f50c27d53900ee.png

In none of those images are you easily and obviously identifiable. Is that black? Green? Murky in between?

I am trying to get you to understand that you cant ruleplay 'dont shoot im not involved, but im going to drive in the middle of a gunfight because you are not allowed to shoot me'

You are not identifiable from a distance. Police/NHS are. UNMC had their own distinct colours for this exact reason. 

Like I explained we went there since we expected people to be able to identify us as Poseidon. Yet after all this you still haven't offered compensation even after admitting to have rdmed. 

I have always been told it's the shooters responsibility to make sure the person they are shooting are involved no matter what. If we were rebels it would still be rdm

I'm going to lock this thread now. When cooler heads prevail, and either of you want to make another comment, let a staff member know.

After looking at all the evidence and having a discussion with some other staff members I've come to the following conclusions:

Starting with Cool:

Driving into an active gunfight on purpose is pretty silly, you know what gunfights are like and in this case, you happened to pull directly into view from the same place the suspect Quilin was last spotted in, its a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and I can see why Delta and the other police involved would've believed that you were 1 in the same.    That being said, it is still the responsibility of the person shooting to ID their targets before opening up on them (more on that below).   While you are correct that it is a case of "RDM" as you were not involved, you must understand that mistakes like this can happen and taking everything into account this doesn't look malicious.

With regards to Delta:

As stated above it is still your responsibility to correctly ID your targets before shooting at them.  Also as stated, I do see why you did open fire as it was very coincidental that the original Quilin went the same way they came from.  However, I do question why you continued to fire after the call was put out stating that they were Poseidon. 

In conclusion:

There were mistakes made by both parties and both parties are at fault to their own degree;  driving into an active gunfight isn't the smartest thing in the world and shooting at someone without IDing the target correct and assuming that they are indeed hostile can lead to silly mistakes such as this.

I won't be giving either party an official warning or a ban but I would say that as an act of good faith Delta should really be giving comp to those who he shot (considering Poseidon gear is fairly cheap as well) however this is something I'll leave up to you guys to decide and I'm not going to get staff to enforce it.

As no official action will be taken this report will be marked as declined.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back