What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Simon Porters ID 1082 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieW

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Reginald Werthers

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Simon Porters ID 1082

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 12/13/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 140

What best describes this incident ?: C2.2 (Exploiting) C2.3 (Combat Logging) G3.1 (Metagaming)

Please (in detail) describe the incident: We - Aztecas - were pushing the cutlass that were inside the Arcade, after we had pushed and killed them all, Simon (ID 1082) spawned in front of us and immediately pulled his shotgun and started shooting.
After this incident we asked him to come to liaison where three staff members were present, in the liaison he told us that his wifi cut out and upon it coming back up he instantly got back on the server, he explained that he was sat in the character select screen for a maximum of 30 seconds, we later found out that, that wasn't the case and he instead placed himself in the character select screen for a long time to gain an unfair advantage and catch us off guard upon his character spawning back in.
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1ITylND8euDBnM/d1337SjsQvk6?invite=cr-MSxZemksMTM2MTE4Njk1LA
Simon Lying the first time.
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1ITBxivTVra2L8/d1337YcwjyrK?invite=cr-MSx1VHQsMTM2MTE4Njk1LA
Simon Lying the second time.

We were told by a staff member during the liaison that Simon logged on, entered the character select screen and upon realising that we were pushing and killing other Cutlass logged back out again. He quickly changed his mind and logged back in, to then sit in character select screen for 5 minutes and 30 seconds until the fight was over and people dropped their guard. Simon logged in after the fight had just ended and shot three Aztecas, taking advantage of the fact the fight was over.
This is the timeline as follows:
1:37 = Disconnected
1:42 = Connected then F8 Quit
1:43 = Connected
1:44 = Where Aztecas got quick kills that happened when we pushed
1:48:30 = Chose his character (5 Minutes 30)

This shows that Simon quit when he realised we were about to push then logged out, then he purposely waited in character select screen for over 5 minutes until the fighting was over. OOC influence dictated his actions as he spawned in, as he didn't look around or turn his radio on, instead instantly pulling his shotgun. His intent can be seen in the clip:
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1ITm7NkBSAjBZB/d1337aJcutcU?invite=cr-MSx2N3EsMTY1OTE0Mzg3LAhttps://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1ITm7NkBSAjBZB/d1337aJcutcU?invite=cr-MSx2N3EsMTY1OTE0Mzg3LA

https://streamable.com/sok1hk - apologies for having no audio.

The fact he logged in, saw we were pushing then logged out again, only to log back in and wait in the character select screen for over 5 mins shows he purposely combat logged and then exploited the time in character select in order to gain an advantage until our guard was down at which point he pushed out, knowing full well the situation that we'd pushed the arcade.

Simon also made no attempt to contact us OOC either in the RPUK discord or Groups, which further makes me believe he did all of this maliciously.
We even tried to further contact him today at which he still gave no response.
https://imgur.com/a/b8935qo

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1ITm7NkBSAjBZB/d1337aJcutcU?invite=cr-MSx2N3EsMTY1OTE0Mzg3LAhttps://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1ITm7NkBSAjBZB/d1337aJcutcU?invite=cr-MSx2N3EsMTY1OTE0Mzg3LA
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
As you were pushing, my wifi went down, and I reconnected as soon as it was fixed. I believe you exaggerated the situation in order to make it appear malicious. If I wanted to exploit or metagame, wouldn't I have waited until you were gone and stopped pushing? You won the situation, which I've already expressed in the liaison, so I'm curious what your plans are with this report.

If it happens again, I'll make sure that people know in the public discords before reconnecting

The logs show you reconnected when your wifi was fixed, then you logged out again when we started to push in, so that is a lie.
You then logged back in and sat in character select screen for over 5 minutes, this is in direct conflict as to what you said in the liasion.
Us winning the situation has no bearing on this report, especially when it's a rulebreak as severe as this.

It took around 10 minutes for me to reconnect and rejoin the RP. As far as I know, I was the only one still up, so why would I intentionally put myself at a disadvantage in order to gain an advantage? What you're attempting to say makes no sense. As I previously stated, if this were to happen again, I would try to reach you using discord channels such as groups to avoid any confusion. I'll now turn this over to the staff.

Logs state you reconnected just fine the first time then purposely logged off only to log back on and wait in character select after seeing we'd pushed inside.
I don't want to try and guess your intentions but it seems like you waited for people to put their guard down in order to easily down a few people.

Personally I believe this report to be malicious as the way multiple points have been written are clearly spinning a narrative in a way to sway the opinion of those who have read it.

Here are some examples that I think show the intent of this report: 

1) "that wasn't the case and he instead placed himself in the character select screen for a long time to gain an unfair advantage and catch us off guard upon his character spawning back in."

2) "upon realising that we were pushing and killing other Cutlass logged back out again. He quickly changed his mind and logged back in, to then sit in character select screen for 5 minutes and 30 seconds until the fight was over and people dropped their guard. Simon logged in after the fight had just ended and shot three Aztecas, taking advantage of the fact the fight was over"

3) "This shows that Simon quit when he realised we were about to push then logged out, then he purposely waited in character select screen for over 5 minutes until the fighting was over. OOC influence dictated his actions as he spawned in, as he didn't look around or turn his radio on, instead instantly pulling his shotgun. His intent can be seen in the clip:"

4) "The fact he logged in, saw we were pushing then logged out again, only to log back in and wait in the character select screen for over 5 mins shows he purposely combat logged and then exploited the time in character select in order to gain an advantage until our guard was down at which point he pushed out, knowing full well the situation that we'd pushed the arcade."

https://streamable.com/sok1hk - This was provided as evidence and I believe it clearly shows that I had no prior knowledge to their location as I ran through the door, reacted late upon seeing them and missed multiple shots through panic. It is also suspicious to me that the audio has been cut from this clip, another reason I believe there is maliciousness behind this report.

There are a lot of things being written as fact, even going as far as to dictate my intent throughout the situation. The report to me seems like a win-win situation for the reporter. If I didn't log back in, I would've been reported for combat logging, and because I did log back in, I am being reported for metagaming and hop on. It seems they want to dictate that I be punished, rather than discover what actually occurred

. From my point of view, there is a lot of bias in how the situation has been explained and it is unfair to spin this narrative.

"Simon also made no attempt to contact us OOC either in the RPUK discord or Groups, which further makes me believe he did all of this maliciously.
We even tried to further contact him today at which he still gave no response."

From the knowledge I had of the situation before I disconnected, I did not know how far you had pushed since. It's a situation I haven't encountered before and didn't know what was the right course of action, which I discussed with someone else and was informed to log back in otherwise it would be combat logging, hence the five minute window before I reconnected - I did not know how long it had been, and so gave a rough estimate. It seems my timing was off, and I apologise for that. I will do better in future to contact those in the situation before I return to it.

Personally I believe this report to be malicious as the way multiple points have been written are clearly spinning a narrative in a way to sway the opinion of those who have read it.
The purpose of a report is to outline all the events and why you think a rule has been broken to make it easier for staff to review.

https://streamable.com/sok1hk - This was provided as evidence and I believe it clearly shows that I had no prior knowledge to their location as I ran through the door, reacted late upon seeing them and missed multiple shots through panic. It is also suspicious to me that the audio has been cut from this clip, another reason I believe there is maliciousness behind this report.
I believe you running through the door is an example of you knowing their location and what had happened. As the entire time, which you admitted in liasion, you were talking to Jack through the wall without moving from that room. Therefore the fact you spawned in and instantly ran out proves you knew the situation changed.
You 'missed' multiple shots because of spawn protection physically not letting you shoot people as soon as you spawn in so you're lying. Nobody misses a shotgun at that range.

There are a lot of things being written as fact, even going as far as to dictate my intent throughout the situation. The report to me seems like a win-win situation for the reporter. If I didn't log back in, I would've been reported for combat logging, and because I did log back in, I am being reported for metagaming and hop on. It seems they want to dictate that I be punished, rather than discover what actually occurred
You are being reported for combat logging, exploiting and metagaming as you logged out and sat in character select for over 5 minutes, and then when you eventually spawned back in, our guard was down and you ran out guns blazing, as if you knew what was going on. However the main point of the report is combat logging and exploiting.
If you logged back in straight away nobody would have had an issue, the fact is that you waited 5 and a half minutes, knowing we were all done fighting and would've had our guards down. You did it to gain an advantage purposely and that's what I have an issue with.

From the knowledge I had of the situation before I disconnected, I did not know how far you had pushed since. It's a situation I haven't encountered before and didn't know what was the right course of action, which I discussed with someone else and was informed to log back in otherwise it would be combat logging, hence the five minute window before I reconnected - I did not know how long it had been, and so gave a rough estimate. It seems my timing was off, and I apologise for that. I will do better in future to contact those in the situation before I return to it.
You lied and said 30 seconds in the liaison because you knew what you did was against the rules.

I am not entirely sure where you have got the log timings from this @ReggieWhowever i will give the actual timings of events here:

Timed out : 01:37:08 

Logged back in 01:42:39 - Clean disconnect at 01:42:56

Logged back in 01:48:40    -     He then got a kill on Larry Ping at 01:49:03 so 23 seconds after spawning in. 

I cant see anywhere that he has sat in character selection. It just looks like he was not connected to the server for 5 minutes. 

I can see the predicament that you could be in where you say, if you log back in you will be in trouble but if you dont log back in you could be done for combat logging. What was the overall outcome of this scenario after this? i see Simon bled out with the 15 minute timer. Did it alter the course of the roleplay for that evening or not Reggie?

The logs where he was sat in character selection was provided to us by staff lead Stuart which is what prompted me to make this report.

Even if we use the logs you have provided it shows him doing a clean disconnect around the same time we push in and start killing more cutlass, him logging out in an active combat situation. He then logs back in and kills someone, showing how he logged out then waited for us to have our guard down before logging back in/choosing his character and killing people.

It did alter the course of roleplay greatly as one of the people that went down was Jack Mckenzie, who was then unable to return back to the arcade to talk with Kash who was on the floor alongside multiple others who couldn't return due to the NLR rule. Another smaller, less impactful point but worth mentioning is that people lost things to Pillbox when checking in and Helmets when going down.
Because of Simon not informing us of his disconnect and then purposely logging out himself for over 5 minutes altered our roleplay leading upto it as well as we'd already cleared the entire arcade after he combat logged.

"Even if we use the logs you have provided it shows him doing a clean disconnect around the same time we push in and start killing more cutlass, him logging out in an active combat situation. He then logs back in and kills someone, showing how he logged out then waited for us to have our guard down before logging back in/choosing his character and killing people."

As has already been explained, I was confirming the right course of action throughout this period, as I was conflicted due to my inexperience with the situation of disconnecting at a time like that.

"It did alter the course of roleplay greatly as one of the people that went down was Jack Mckenzie, who was then unable to return back to the arcade to talk with Kash who was on the floor alongside multiple others who couldn't return due to the NLR rule."

I disagree. As shown in the provided clip, they had ample opportunity to further the storyline of our conflict with roleplay before I reconnected and instead chose to dance over corpses with the usual frag talking, which is why I assume the audio has been removed. Before the scene had concluded, a liason was called for and they sat in silence over the corpses waiting for everyone to bleed out for 30+ minutes.

"Another smaller, less impactful point but worth mentioning is that people lost things to Pillbox when checking in and Helmets when going down."

This, in my opinion, shows the true intent of the report. From the beginning of this report, it has been written in a way to push one malicious narrative, and disregard the fact that it was an unfortunate disconnect, and anyone could be confused afterward as to what to do in that situation.  It seems like there has been no attempt to find out if a rule break has occurred, only convict me with what they have convinced themselves with

As has already been explained, I was confirming the right course of action throughout this period, as I was conflicted due to my inexperience with the situation of disconnecting at a time like that.
You believe the right course of action was to log back out? in the liasion you didn't say this once. Furthermore why did you then decide to log back in afterwards? Very convenient changing of decisions at the exact right time.

I disagree. As shown in the provided clip, they had ample opportunity to further the storyline of our conflict with roleplay before I reconnected and instead chose to dance over corpses with the usual frag talking, which is why I assume the audio has been removed. Before the scene had concluded, a liason was called for and they sat in silence over the corpses waiting for everyone to bleed out for 30+ minutes.
We had just finished killing the other Cutlass and you spawned in and were shooting in less than 5 minutes. Less than the time you were disconnected/in character selection for. We did not have ample opportunity at all, after getting our wounded to hospital and making sure things were clear.

This, in my opinion, shows the true intent of the report. From the beginning of this report, it has been written in a way to push one malicious narrative, and disregard the fact that it was an unfortunate disconnect, and anyone could be confused afterward as to what to do in that situation.  It seems like there has been no attempt to find out if a rule break has occurred, only convict me with what they have convinced themselves with
Not sure what an 'unfortunate disconnect' is, you lagged out which is fine but then you also purposely combat logged after realising we were pushing, and then instantly came out and started shooting at the perfect time when we dropped our guard after being sat in character select screen (assuming the logs provided by Stuart are correct)
'no attempt to find out if a rulebreak has occurred' we called you to liasion with that reason and we were sat in liasion for multiple hours attempting to figure out if a rulebreak has occured, we did not convince ourselves of anything, I waited to get logs before making the report.

"You believe the right course of action was to log back out? in the liason you didn't say this once. Furthermore why did you then decide to log back in afterwards? Very convenient changing of decisions at the exact right time."

As I have said, I did not know what the right course of action was, hence my confusion at the time. You were pushing for, at an estimate, at least 20+ minutes prior to this situation. I had no knowledge of how far things had progressed, and do not seek an advantage as I am here for the roleplay, not to win gunfights. Though, I do not see an advantage in placing myself, alone, against multiple opponents with head armours and heavy weaponry.

"We had just finished killing the other Cutlass and you spawned in and were shooting in less than 5 minutes. Less than the time you were disconnected/in character selection for. We did not have ample opportunity at all, after getting our wounded to hospital and making sure things were clear."

If dancing over corpses and frag talking to the point where you have to silence the audio is the initiation for further roleplay, then it is unfortunate that it has reached this point in our interactions. From recent previous experiences, I have not witnessed this roleplay that you say you intended on providing. The clip is reflective of our interactions and I can only assume, from what I have seen, that is how the scene would have continued - if the call for liason could have waited until after the situation, instead of leaving multiple people to bleed out in silence for 30+ minutes.

"Not sure what an 'unfortunate disconnect' is, you lagged out which is fine but then you also purposely combat logged after realising we were pushing, and then instantly came out and started shooting at the perfect time when we dropped our guard after being sat in character select screen (assuming the logs provided by Stuart are correct)"
I had no intention of catching you 'off-guard' or of attacking you at the 'perfect' time'. I disagree with this narrative. It's an unfortunate situation. I did not know the correct thing to do, and so consulted someone else and returned to the situation that I was originally apart of. I disagree with the idea that I would leave everyone to die to later reconnect so I can try and score some kills, since I find the roleplay much more fulfilling than the gunfights.

I will now leave this for staff as I feel we are going in circles. If they have any questions, I am more than happy to provide the answers. Thank you for taking the time to check through the report.

I had no knowledge of how far things had progressed
So why did you instantly pull out your shotgun and run out of a room where you were sat for the '20+ minutes' we were pushing for?

From recent previous experiences, I have not witnessed this roleplay that you say you intended on providing.
We have provided many good roleplay experiences over the countless times we've had Cutlass hostage.

if the call for liason could have waited until after the situation, instead of leaving multiple people to bleed out in silence for 30+ minutes.
All people did while on the floor was shit talk while injured, stay in silence or hold up some form of C with their fingers, not much to roleplay back with.

and so consulted someone else
Did this person also inform you we'd pushed in already?

"So why did you instantly pull out your shotgun and run out of a room where you were sat for the '20+ minutes' we were pushing for?" 

My plan from the start was to hold both the room I was in, and the hallway, even before I disconnected. If I had known it were the 'perfect' opportunity to catch you off-guard, I wouldn't have ran out and panicked when I realised the situation.

"We have provided many good roleplay experiences over the countless times we've had Cutlass hostage." 

I am not here to dispute that fact, only that the roleplay provided has been a common theme recently and so I don't expect a different outcome would have happened.

"All people did while on the floor was shit talk while injured, stay in silence or hold up some form of C with their fingers, not much to roleplay back with." 

There isn't much to roleplay with when it comes to frag talking, dancing on corpses and silence.

"Did this person also inform you we'd pushed in already?"

No.

Once again, if staff have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them. 

My plan from the start was to hold both the room I was in, and the hallway, even before I disconnected. If I had known it were the 'perfect' opportunity to catch you off-guard, I wouldn't have ran out and panicked when I realised the situation.
So why did you run out, if you were in there for over 20 minutes previously?

"So why did you run out, if you were in there for over 20 minutes previously?"

I was not in that one room for 20+ minutes. I ran between the two rooms during the situation, before and after the disconnect.

"So why did you run out, if you were in there for over 20 minutes previously?"

I was not in that one room for 20+ minutes. I ran between the two rooms during the situation, before and after the disconnect.
You told me you were talking to Jack Mckenzie through the wall during the majority of the push.

"You told me you were talking to Jack Mckenzie through the wall during the majority of the push."

That doesn't contradict what I wrote. I ran between the two rooms multiple times, and spent time talking to people through the wall as well.

With every response, it becomes more clear the narrative you try to push. I believe this and your recent reports show your unwillingness to solve a situation and instead displays your intent on reporting any situation you can to try and dish out punishment; even going as far as to dictate the events so heavily in this report. All the information you have has been altered in a biased way to state the situation was intentional as a fact.

To me, the maliciousness shown in this report is clear, and I ask that this mutually be left to staff at this point, as it is blatant that you have tried weaponizing my words throughout our discussion. I have given my version of events, and am happy to answer any further questions from staff. Thank you again for taking the time to read through this report.

All the information you have has been altered in a biased way to state the situation was intentional as a fact.
It was you who chose to log back out mid combat situation, it was you who (according to Stuart) sat in the character select screen, that's information I have not altered.

I believe this and your recent reports show your unwillingness to solve a situation and instead displays your intent on reporting any situation you can to try and dish out punishment
You say im unwilling to solve the situation yet you were the one that constantly lied and changed your story during the liasion over and over again. If you came clean at the beginning perhaps we wouldnt've even ended up here at all Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back