What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Timmy - Ballas - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyy

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Lucy Winters

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Timmy - Ballas

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 11/17/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2300

What best describes this incident ?: C2.2 - Ghost Peaking

Please (in detail) describe the incident: It came to our attention after a gun fight with Ballas and after a medal clip had been posted that Timmy had been ghost peaking during the fight, it was clear he did this to gain an advantage over the Grove on the opposite roofs as he was completely hidden. Ghost peaking has been defined by staff as "a technique of shooting over a wall without being seen", I feel as though this is what Timmy was intentionally doing on his roof. The other Grove members on the roofs opposite were unable to see Timmy at all on that roof and as you can see from the clip his head never peaks above the ridge of the roof. He had managed to hit someone from his position but was unlucky enough not to have killed anyone while using this exploit. Whilst there are ghost peaking measures in place, clearly, they do not work in every situation and this is something we all need to be mindful of. The fact that Timmy stays peeking for quite a while and adjusts himself multiple times to be hidden shows that he knew what he was doing. Additionally, once he noticed the clip he posted on medal was public and that we had likely seen it, he also took measures to quickly remove/hide it.

I just also want to add that prior to this report (which is why it took this long to put this up), we had spoken with a developer to gain more clarity and understanding on the ghost peaking exploit for ourselves to be able to understand what we were seeing in the medal clip, and they also concluded that the ghost peak was entirely possible in that situation.

https://imgur.com/a/7cmxIs4 - screenshot from the clip linked of the bullet clearly going through the roof
https://youtu.be/rFelfBcxqkY - the medal clip Timmy uploaded and hid when he realised it was public and that we saw it

If staff need anymore info please lmk 🙂

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/rFelfBcxqkY
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Lucy,

Honestly i thought i could not even ghost-peek since there had literally been a mechanic added in that makes it impossible to ghost-peek anyway, after a discussion with a developer i have since been updated on the fact that it is not impossible to ghost-peek which i now understand.

Following on from this im not even sure if it is 100% a ghost-peek, it would be helpful if you had your sides POV so we could confirm if i had actually ghost-peeked, if you actually slow the clip down i think the bullet goes over the roof as you can see the bullet-trail and the other building is also higher than the building i am on? i may be wrong so dont quote me on this.

Even if i had unintentionally ghost-peeked i had absolutely no intention to gain a advantage over anyone, i had no idea i even could ghost-peek so it had not came to my mind to watch out for ghost-peeking and as you can see i am not sat still in a obvious ghost-peek reaction i am constantly moving which just confirms i was not intentionally ghost-peeking. Obviously had i knew i was still able to ghost-peek i would of been more careful about where i am sitting etc etc.

I have added a image below which i think confirms that this is infact not a ghost-peek though i may be wrong as i said before so dont quote me on it.

not a ghostpeek silly dons.png

I appreciate your reply Timmy. I just want to address a few of your points if that's okay and then I'll leave this up to whichever staff looks at this report.

it would be helpful if you had your sides POV
I can try and get the POV's from the guys on the roof but it isn't guaranteed as it wasn't until after the fight we saw your clip and became aware of the ghost peaking so they may not have clipped it at the time.

as you can see the bullet-trail
If you look at the image without the black line you can clearly see that the bullet trail can only be seen from the other side of the roof, clearly showing that the bullet had gone through the peak of the roof, not over it.

the other building is also higher than the building i am on?
Regardless of if the roof is higher, you don't hold your gun over your head so it is still possible to ghost peak through the roof even if the other one is higher which I'm not sure if it is or not. If you hold your gun call it eye level, and your head isn't even peaking over the top, how would your gun be over the peak?

i had absolutely no intention to gain a advantage over anyone
It seems to me that this was very intentional and that you did in fact know what you were doing as you repositioned yourself multiple times all while aiming your gun through the roof and not once allowing your head to peak above the roof peak.

I do have 1 question that I'd like to ask if that's okay, why did you remove/hide the clip after realising it was public and that there was a high chance we had seen it? Many of your clips on medal are public, why hide this one if you did nothing wrong and were under the impression you got a kill in it?

I can try and get the POV's from the guys on the roof but it isn't guaranteed as it wasn't until after the fight we saw your clip and became aware of the ghost peaking so they may not have clipped it at the time.
This would be very useful so we can both actually see what it looks like from the other persons POV.

It seems to me that this was very intentional and that you did in fact know what you were doing as you repositioned yourself multiple times all while aiming your gun through the roof and not once allowing your head to peak above the roof peak.
If this was the case, may i ask why i would send the clip to a grove street member when i know i could be reported of it? It makes absolutely no sense at all and completely invalidates your point of me intentionally ghost-peeking, i also add i have only been in Ballas for around a week now and have not fought on Forum Drive a lot so i would not be aware of any potential ghost peeks, i was constantly repositioning myself and moving as i did not want to get hit with a revolver/marksman shot, if i was intentionally holding a ghost-peek would i not sit still so i could perfect my aim and not worry about moving my cross-hair with me moving?

I do have 1 question that I'd like to ask if that's okay, why did you remove/hide the clip after realising it was public and that there was a high chance we had seen it? Many of your clips on medal are public, why hide this one if you did nothing wrong and were under the impression you got a kill in it?
I did not intend for the clip to be public like my other videos aren't, Saying many of my videos are public is a massive stretch also. The actual percentage of my clips which are public is 2.4691358024691% of my clips are public, you can check this yourself. So this completely invalidates that many of my clips are public.

It almost seems as though you just want me to get banned, insisting i intentionally ghost-peeked and that i knew what i was doing. You also decided not to QE either to show me what i had done wrong and decided to jump to the forums. Which obviously you have every right to do.

I also will not be replying any further as i feel as though i have proved that i had not intended at all to ghost-peek, any questions staff have i am more than happy to answer.

Good evening, 

@Lucyhave you managed to get any POV from your / others POV? 

Ghost peaking has been defined by staff as "a technique of shooting over a wall without being seen"
Can you please let me know where the quote is form?  

@Timmy Abebado have the original clip? As I presume this is your POV, can we look at the original clip? 

Good evening Keyeth, hope you are well 🙂

have you managed to get any POV from your / others POV? 
Unfortunately, the person in the clip that Timmy thought he killed was Baz and he didn't clip it as he didn't die so didn't see a reason to. He just explained on radio at the time that he had been hit but wasn't sure where from.

Can you please let me know where the quote is form?
I believe the quote is from an announcement made by Stavik in the groups discord on 05/04/2023 @ 18:53 (please see the linked Gyazo screenshot below)
https://gyazo.com/5dd6ed811ee2e0210e415bc039af02f4

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Good morning/ Evening / Afternoon, 

After careful deliberation we have come to an answer. 

We are going to DECLINE this report but please read the reason and decision below.

We cannot prove that the people who you were shooting at could or could not see the person he shot 
With us not having this POV we cannot prove anything without the other POV. The bullet that was shot does look to go over the roof so from the POV we have in front of us. 

Now myself and a number of staff members has gone and tested this area in which the clip was taken from and found some potential issues. We have passed these onto devs to look into but;

As a warning for any players fighting in this area, you must think and use common sense. Please take care when in fights as we don't want people getting banned while in the heat of the moment.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back