What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Unknown - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Butcher

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Baron Butcher

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Unknown

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 11/17/23

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2245

What best describes this incident ?: RDM

Please (in detail) describe the incident:
Police received multiple backup calls to respond to a firefight in and around the Ballas turf. Upon arrival, our team circled the area with an MRAP to gather intelligence on the ongoing gang gunfight and identify opportunities to apprehend individuals. In the absence of NPAS , which left us blind to the situation, another officer and I opted to ascend to the roof for a vantage point. Unfortunately, the moment I reached the rooftop, I was shot and downed.

The RDM rule was broken because leading up to me being shot, there was no rp/initiation exchanged with the police. No shots were fired at us prior to this as you can see in the video.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV3LyiDjOEo

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Good Evening, Baron.

First of all I'd like to apologise for hitting a nasty shot on you whilst pushing a gang vs gang war to do some armed interventions whilst 40-50 people are in a mass gunfight.

I'd just like to say first and foremost, I did actually think it was a Grove member going on the roof to gain vantage points in order to shoot Ballas members, as we were fighting each other for plenty of time before police even showed up. The fact you thought police are some sort of invincible force whilst getting inbetween two OCGs baffles me though. Anyways, back to your claims of RDM - I believe there was threats from police side as well as Ballas and Grove members telling you to leave. If I was called to a Liaison, I might have had time to clip those but as this has gone up the day after, I wasn't able to unfortunately.

Whilst mid gunfight, and see someone getting on opposite roofs, my thoughts instantly go to 'that person is on there to shoot me'. I know, the fact of the matter is I should've made sure it was a Grove members first on top of that roof, I still strongly believe you made a lack in judgement by going on top of a roof in order to heal or put on armour if that was the entire reason you went up there? I don't think it was personally and believe it was a way to get involved in the shooting but that's just speculation from me. I could be wrong.

Whilst this was an accidental shooting, I still believe you shouldn't be going up onto Ballas apartment roofs when Grove street members were shooting from them all night. I think this might come under common sense or NVL? I'd expect you to know full well that if you're on foot and not in your cars trying to actively arrest people, you'll expect some sort of retaliation. There's plenty of staff announcements throughout gunfights to tell people to use common sense and clearly you haven't done so here.

I'd like to finish off by saying if you would actually like to speak to me in a liaison after knowing now the full picture and context of the situation, I am easy to talk to and will listen to what you have to say and try to come to a resolve over this situation instead of everything having to end up on the forums in a back and forth. I'm sure everyone can learn from this situation in some sort of way to improve their interactions on the server with criminals and police.

Thank you for the staff team and Baron for reading, I appreciate you all

- PJ

No assertions have been made about the police being an "invincible" force, so I'm confused as to where or why you're making such claims.

To the best of my knowledge, there were no threats from the police in the situation. As evidenced in the linked video, no warnings were issued to any of the involved parties. In the footage, you can see my call for NPAS  due to the absence of eyes on from the sky, leaving the police at a  handicap. Although the suggestion was made to deploy a drone, it didn't materialize as the NPAS pilot was occupied. Our decision to ascend to the rooftop was for a different vantage point and to ascertain the locations of the shooters. I took the time to apply armour due to a recent incident where I was run over just seconds before reaching the rooftop. You should try to understand, that despite the option to engage in the firefight, we refrained from doing so: because 1, that's boring for crimes to get shot by police the second shit kicks off. 2, We lacked the numbers hence the reason for npas and for taking out the MRAP. 

The location from where I am —whether on the ground or on the roof—should not be a factor. It is the responsibility of the person firing the shots to accurately identify who they are shooting. I find it challenging to see the situation as "NVL" . In a scenario where two gangs are engaged in a firefight, Using heavy weaponry such as SMGs and marksman pistols within the city limits, it is unreasonable to expect armed police to remain passive. As members of the armed police, the question arises: what action should we take when faced with such a shit show of a situation?

Ill be happy to discuss it in QE

Hello 👋 

Do you wish to liaise with Baron @PJ Adams?

@Baron ButcherDo you have a longer clip showing from start to finish that we can review? From your description of events translating to footage, there seems to be some missing context that's worth reviewing - If so, it's worth keeping it assuming you don't resolve this in liaison and attach it post-liaison. 

If something could be set up, at a time that is good for both of us and yourself, that'd be perfect.
I should be free most evenings, just find me when you plan to liaise and I'll be there.

Report Closed - Resolved in Liaison

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back