What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

resisting arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Atkin

I think it would be a cool idea if we had a resist arrested feature say like u have a split second to dodge the cuffs and have another chance at running away 

Would be cool but some sort of cooldown would be needed so that you can't just resist cuffs everytime. Maybe a cooldown of 1 minute once you've resisted it once.

Brief Summary: 

The ability for criminals to resist arrest.

Detailed Suggestion:

With the addition of criminals to be able to have a chance to resist an arrest would make it more fun for them. Yes, there is an option to be able to be lockpicked out of handcuffs, however, that requires multiple attempts to do and even so, could be unsuccessful. With implementing a resist arrest mechanic, it could be one second where the criminal has to press a key rapidly at a certain time which would allow him to break free and continue running away from police etc. If he fails, then of course, he will face the consequence of being arrested. Once you have been tackled or hit with a baton launcher and then immediately cuffed, you have no chance of escaping and I feel with this addition to the server, criminals will enjoy it a lot more as the have a small chance of getting away if they successfully avoid being cuffed. 

The Pros:

Criminals have a chance to avoid being cuffed

Allows for more avenues of RP scenarios between criminals/police.

The Cons:

Developers need to implement the mechanic into the server.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes, because criminals have a chance to escape police custody as before they could not. 

resist.PNG

+1 would be a nice addition to the server gives crims a chance to actually escape not just cuffed and situation over from their side. Have experienced this mechanic myself on NoPixel and without practice its not the easiest thing to pull of constantly.

+1 im sure if this was to be implemented the chances of actually escaping wont be 100% anyway. 

this would add to the roleplay for officers aswell as they can call out that the suspect is Actively resisting. 

As someone who has watched quite a lot of nopixel and see this in practise, it would be great to see something like this in RPUK
  +1

+1 can create more RP scenarios and also more adrenaline once successfully resisted arrest, potentially more foot chases 

This adds to length of roleplay and to the routes the story can follow. It can be balanced with an extra charge of resisting arrest. 

+1

You can't get ziptied without your hands up, I don't think that would make sense to do so.
You cant get arrested unless you have your hands up, are tasered or have been tackled though. What state would you need to be in to resist arrest?

You cant get arrested unless you have your hands up, are tasered or have been tackled though. What state would you need to be in to resist arrest?
I reckon the degree of difficulty to resist arrest based on what the officer has done should be considered. For example it would be harder to resist if you have been tased than simply if you get tackled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon the degree of difficulty to resist arrest based on what the officer has done should be considered. For example it would be harder to resist if you have been tased than simply if you get tackled.
as long as the state the person was in during the arrest like the mentioned above gets taken into account i don't see a issue

I agree that it may be better for the resist arrest to be harder if they were tased, but i think that makes it complicated, make it a one difficulty thing no matter what and have fun really, prolong the situation as long as possible. Coming from both a police officer and a criminal 😄

Big +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back