What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Restart Times (Poll Closed)

How Often should the server restart ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
I have been hearing rumblings of 3 hour restarts...

The server currently restarts every 4 hours and has done for many months, However since we are now insanely popular the server is usually full between every restart and when it restarts is filled almost instantly.

This is a open poll you decide... how often should we restart ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the four hour restarts, but maybe change it to a much more beneficial time? 2AM 6AM 10AM 2PM 6PM 10PM.

If the data and logs support 3 hours, then I'd vote 3 hours. What do you see at your end Wilco, would it make a difference?

I'd vote for every 3 hours, but this is entirely to me being under the impression that a restart increases server performance, obviously the longer the up time the more items the server has to deal with (Cars, Weapons, Storage Boxes, etc). If however there's little to no difference between 3 and 4 hours, I'd vote keep it as is. 

Voteing for 3 but would like to see it as a trial rather than set in stone.

How much will it affect rp and interaction can be difficult at restart, to much robbery, would like a 5 min god mode so to speak after restart.

Restarting the server to "allow people in" due to reconnecting seems like a patch rather than a solution to the server people so popular! Do we not have enough income to allow for a third server? 

Restarting the server to "allow people in" due to reconnecting seems like a patch rather than a solution to the server people so popular! Do we not have enough income to allow for a third server? 
There is supposedly, but there is not enough police for server 2 at the moment so it's kind of weird.

We restart because Arma3server.exe does not recycle memory... if we didn't restart the server would just simply stop responding and everyone would lose connection.

Every Arma 3 server in the world needs to restart.

Yes we could open a third server but as i keep advising the police/nhs/unmc and admins are not ready for a 3rd server.

We restart because Arma3server.exe does not recycle memory... if we didn't restart the server would just simply stop responding and everyone would lose connection.

Every Arma 3 server in the world needs to restart.

Yes we could open a third server but as i keep advising the police/nhs/unmc and admins are not ready for a 3rd server.
3rd server when we are manned and we are ready, at the moment NHS are under manned for both servers. But yes 3 hour restarts = Brilliant as I suggested in moi topic :3 <3

On several occasions I feel like the server is very unstable the last hour before restart (alot of DeSync), especially after the player slots was increased from 100 to 120. 

I'd rather see the player slot back to 100, than having the restart time reduced to 3 hours if I could choose between the two.

Considering certain "missions" or "expeditions" if you will, take up alot of time. And nobody wants a mission to be interupted by the servers restarting!  :)

I vote we keep it at the 4 hour restarts we have now, however if 4 hours is too long and it is stressing the backend, then I vote for 3 hours. I do notice some issues when it starts to reach the four hour mark but I would need to record it to show you.

On the other hand if I was you wilco I would maybe look to investing in a youtuber or maybe even a streamer to get the server a bit more popular, try to get both servers filled and once you have done that, hopefully the police/nhs/staff and unmc is big enough then maybe think about opening a 3rd server, but remember the bigger the community the more demand for slots = more work and maintaining

Note** I'm not too sure 120 slots work, I think it stresses too much, maybe think about decreasing the slots

But back to the restart times, I personally think that the restarts now are fine :)

3 hours might not be enough time to rob the H.M Treasury and sell the gold while waiting for the heat on you to go down before the restart deletes the trunk. The 3 hour restart could interupt a lot of rp/gameplay moments.

@ It's been a week at most since a thread was posted complaining about the police presence on server 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 hours starts purely for performance reasons I'd say.  Not to allow more people to join as that is not a solution but a patch to the popularity problem.  The other issue with a more frequent restart risks that the police/nhs/unmc may not be able to reconnect causing a quality issue again.

Perhaps we have restarts at times when there will be not many playing:

12am

4am

8/9/10am

2pm

4pm

6pm

10pm

I don't know, these are times I'm, assuming the server has low pop during the working week.

I think that 4-hour restart time is the way to go. 

First to mention that the garages often seems to start bug and glitch after about 3 hours. If we had a 3-hour restart time the garages would start to glitch after just 2 hours. And 2 hours is too short a time inside on this server.

Cheers!

This is on hold

Since Ciaran has got the server working on 120mb rather than hitting the roof at 2gb+ there was no DB sync issues on the first restart.

I also believe this poll as ended up being very biased due to cops wanting more restarts to get on the server.

Poll closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back