What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Restaurant changes

Mason

Investor
Investor
Unlinked
Brief Summary: A change in the restaurants in order to bring more RP to them.

Detailed Suggestion:

At the moment there is very little RP brought to restaurants and they are more of a passive income for people while they go off and do other things. Hopefully the changes listed below can change that and have restaurants bring some quality RP to the server.

1. Make working at the restaurants a proper job.

Get pay checks from working at the restaurant which is set by the owner which comes out of the business account. Whilst being clocked in that then gives you access to the facilities such as the cooker and drinks machine. This would create more jobs in terms of people hiring waiters and cooks amongst other jobs with people having to apply and have an interview process which i think opens up a lot of avenues for roleplay. This stops people just trespassing making there own stuff and not interacting with anyone. I think there are already enough criminals on the server and this would cater to those who don't want that lifestyle.

Restaurants have food specific to their type of restaurant.
At the minute i'm pretty sure every restaurant can have the same thing on the menu although they can't make it in their kitchen. This takes away the uniqueness from each restaurant and makes them all the same. They should be selling things that fits their style of restaurant like Tiny Big Taco selling Tacos, burritos, quesadillas and other mexican food, Luchetti's should have Italian food like pizza, pasta dishes and others. I feel that making each restaurant unique would bring a lot more RP than them all being the same but with different prices.

3. More food choices.

To go with the second point i feel like there need to be a lot more food choices added to the server. There are very few options when it comes to eating food at the minute with most people just having smoothies or an english breakfast as they do both food and water. To incentivise people to go to these restaurants maybe give each shop a item of food what provides players with a temporary boost after they have eaten it.  Other options could be that gas station/ shop food have a chance of making you feel sick and make your vision blury and you need meds to get rid or they simply give you half food once you have consumed them. Which means the player would have to go to a restaurant to get full hunger which would bring more RP.

4. More employee slots.
Restaurant should have more than 4 employee slots. More slots means more people working there which means more of a chance for someone to be in there working and providing roleplay.

5. Ability for Employees to close the counter

Make it so the employees working there are able to remove the menu that people buy food from so only employees have the ability to server them through the food trays or through table service. A lot of the time we have tried to RP being servers but a lot of the time people come in and take to food without even interaction with you taking away RP. Hopefully this would be a new system where people actually have no other option but to interact with you creating RP and also bring much more to working in a restaurant than cooking food and putting it behind a counter then come back a few days later to see how much money you made.

This suggestion is to hopefully bring a lot more RP to the restaurant business which i believe have endless roleplay possibilites as i believe not everything has to be cops vs criminals.

The Pros:

• More RP opportunites
  • More legal Jobs
  • More interactions

The Cons:

• Probably a lot of dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes

Big fan of this, we would love to employ some outsiders from the Callaghan family to work the bar and serve guests, making Luchetti's and other restaurants thrive, being meeting points for solicitors and clients, businessmen and old friends alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great suggestion! I feel like restaurants could be a huge thing on the server if they were used more. A lot of opportunities can come from the interactions that can happen there.  Recently  one of my characters has been trying to do a lot more with BurgerShot. These new changes would help a lot with making the restaurant more interactive.  

I'd love to see food degrade so you can't just store a 1000 smoothies and then use them over the course of 6 months, instead it only lasts a few hours/day so people have to go to these restaurants to RP with each other.

+1

+1 from me, I used to do waiter RP with the Padrinos in the diner and it was really fun and good way to entertain people but maybe add some Indian food so that the Singhs have serve chicken Tikka? 

+1 love this, Brings good rp  ! imagine walking to burger shot and actually having someone behind the counter.

You could make it that food from normal stores just give you a bit less hunger but actual food from restaurants will make you full again. 

This suggestion will be a controversial one however I believe it would nice to have some sort of food saturation so you don't "eat" smoothies for the rest of your life.

Food saturation system could work as follows:
○ Takes a look at the recent 20 foods you had
○ If the same food source has been consumed more than four times it will give reduced benefits
○ If the same food source has been consumed more than ten times it may give disadvantages like:
      ∟ Reduced stamina
      ∟ Reduced strength
○ If the citizen diet is balanced it could give bonuses such as:
      ∟ Increased inventory size 5-10 lbs
      ∟ Increased strength 5-10 points
      ∟ Slightly increased sprinting speed

In theory this system will make the citizens want to diversify their diets, and allow restaurants to be profitable and roleplay hubs. 

In general this suggestion is a big +1 from me.

HUGE +1!

I currently use Luchetties as a place to talk to my solicitor and it would be amazing to have some (but quiet) suited music and also people working at the restaurant.

+1 to this even though don't have a restaurant/bar yet this is what the order aims for currently in the city so we can try create some more RP and job openings for people. 

+1 The Order would love to own a restaurant or bar and this is something we have spoke about recently, These types of businesses should have RP elements to them!

+1 Would greatly enhance RP around this businesses and its always good to encourage others to be involved in running the business not just the owner.

as strawberry said above it makes people meet and talk at these places and eat food with real people serving in these places, huge RP boost

+1

Back