What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Retail Staff! Wanna hear your story's

Snowbionekenobi

Hey guys and gals Snow Here 🙂

ive been working in in retail (covinence store) for around three years now and picked up some story's along the way, who here has story's from there work be it, scary,funny to down right stupid!

few examples I can give

banned drunks refusing to accept they have been banned even tho I was the one to ban them.

asked for I'd for them to say "I have a picture of it on my phone...." (Happens more often then you think)

Gets Attacked for refusing to serve a fuy beer due to him being wasted (court case comming up wish me luck) 

the best/Worst one is this lass we shall call "Smack Rat" gets caught stealing one day gets told she is banned, comes in two weeks later, screams it was her "Twin sister" at me along with threats and name calling  after telling her she was banned 

comes in a week after saying she didn't remember as she has dementia, this started 2 years ago and she still does this.

there is more but wanna hear others story's tho that being said suffering with anxiety this job is hell but it is rewarding some days 🙂

Plus it helps with Rp so another question for folks how does your job influence your To on the server?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon to be 5 years within the same work.

5 min til closing time, drunk birthday girls comes in and starts undressing and saying shes staying a the store that night.

Caught a kid stealing stuff, when parents were called his mother answered. She is a cop, got told to call his dad aswell. Hes a manager of the brand of stores just 25 min away. Interesting to say the least.

Ive been in court 3 times for catching people stealing and 1 for catching someone stealing beer and drunk driving.

Ive wrestled one guy that ended up in me literally throwing him out cause he started swinging at my co worker.

Ive loved every bit of it.

Only been working at my local CO OP 1 half months , been asked where the eggs are 6 times a shift, 

nothing as ex stream as the above has happend yet but I do love it when people ask where shit is and as I tell them they just walk off or ignore you and ask someone else. 

Also when on the Kiosks the amount of people that reeek of BO or stink of weed is unreal.

Worked at a betting shop for 2 and a half years, 

Been told that I've been stealing people's money, Even though they place it in the machines themselves,

Had full on arguments with banned customers, resulting police being called,

Best one if normally arguing with kids when I ask for ID, acting all hard.

But my current best was at McDonald's were I work now, Literally on Saturday, had some kids, around 14 years old trying to square off with a group of eight 28 year olds, took me, and two colleagues, one who is a special constable and the other who was a special to break them up and get both lots out. 

Only been working in H&M two months and already had to deal with an absolute space cadet.

Woman walks in with like 4 bin bags full of clothes and said she'd like to return them, when I was looking at the clothes there were things from Tesco, Penney's, Next, M&S etc. So I told her that they couldn't be returned because the clothes weren't bought from a H&M store. She just turned to me and goes "But....but.....their clothes". Had a 15 minute argument with that absolute cabbage of a woman

Working McDonalds as my third job, so only there every now and then but we get bomb scares a lot. Most recent time someone pushed over a sign making a loud bang and proceeded to scream bomb you can imagine the panic.

This happened back when Squishies(sponge toys) were discovered to be chemically dangerous. A woman comes in with her child and a bag of squishies, some bought from our store, some were not. The problem was that she has no receipts for some of the squishies so I examined the squishies and sorted out the ones that had been bought else where. The woman claimed that the squishies I has sorted out were bought from our store even though she had no receipt to prove it. I know all the different kinds of squishies we sold so when I explained they weren't from our store as we didn't sell that kind she became stubborn and insisted that they were from our store. It went back and forth for a few minutes untill the child who was with her spoke out and said "We bought those squishies from a garage sale." The woman replied "Oh I guess I remember now" and I refunded them the squishies with receipts. 

There were tons of people trying to return their squishies to stores they hadn't even bought them from as no one bothers to keep their receipts so the child did me a favour by telling the truth.

Working McDonalds as my third job, so only there every now and then but we get bomb scares a lot. Most recent time someone pushed over a sign making a loud bang and proceeded to scream bomb you can imagine the panic.
What were the consequences? False bombs threats are a serious crime.

Wait wait wait u have a job that isn’t developing the server , that can’t be right 

Love you guys! The responses have been fab, this happend yesterday. 2 well known thieves (we've nicknamed them team rocket) got banned by me and another member of staff a couple years ago, I shit you not like that smack rat I mentioned, they come into the store almost fortnightly when confronted the amount of bullshit that comes out of there mouths is extraordinary! I'll list them

"We are not banned the manager unbanned us the other day" (the manager was stood next to me đŸ€ŁđŸ˜‚ he said no he didn't they left.

"I've never stolen anything in my life" to which I replied "is that why your banned from most of the shops around here?"

"We've never been banned!" Um fuck yes you have I'm the one who did it! 

Thats a few of the excuses but you get the point, the bloke gets aggressive and the lass claims innocence, 

Few years ago I had just served a guy, gave him his receipt and change etc and then the guy looks at his change and screams out “you’ve given me 20p, I shouldn’t have any change you idiot” i thought he wasn’t being serious at first and was just like “well that’s the change you’ve got” then he started screaming and kicking up a massive fuss because he thought I gave him 20p by mistake and the whole time I was just trying to stay calm with him. So then I just asked “So, you don’t want your change? You don’t want your 20pence?” Then he just threw the 20p at the till and walked out swearing and shit and I was like oh cool, what a nice guy.

Then I come into work about 2 days later and my manager pulls me into the office and tells me a customer has submitted a formal complaint against me. I’m just there all puzzled and had no idea who would have done that. Turns out it was Mr. 20p guy and he called up saying a load of bullshit saying I was rude and aggressive etc when I really wasn’t. Manager was just like “yeah he seems like a bit of a twat it’s all cool”. Then a week later I get pulled into the office again and now the guy decided to take it upto HR which results in me being put under investigation and them having to come down and check cctv/mics etc. By viewing the footage and all they saw I didn’t do anything wrong and it was just dropped there. All this over a guy not wanting his 20p change. 

Then another time some girl about 16-17 came in to hand in a CV and I was like okay cool, then she walks over to the wines and I’m like mhm, because she clearly wasn’t 18. Anyway, she picks up a bottle of wine and heads towards the back of the store, I thought this was a bit dodgy as it’s a common thing for booze shoplifters to do so I just check on the cctv monitor and there she is putting the wine in her bag and about to walk out before I call someone to go get it back. Starts being all apologetic and stuff and I just asked her “It’s not really that smart to hand your CV in and then try shoplift” and she starts denying that it’s even her CV. Manager decided to check the name and it is indeed hers. 

Two weeks later she comes back in and comes upto the till asking “Would you ID me if I haven’t got any” and I said “well yeah”. I start to recognise her face but wasn’t completely sure so I kept an eye on her. She heads to booze and tries to do the exact same thing again where she takes a bottle of wine to the back and tries to smuggle it out in her bag. We got it back and I never saw her again.

I’ve dealt with so much shit in retail, mainly shoplifters being my biggest annoyance. I still think the funniest shoplifter I caught was a guy who came in and took a lot of cheese packs and started shoving them down his pants. I confronted him and made him empty them into a basket and in the process his pants kept falling straight down and he started trying to get really aggressive but I just couldn’t stop laughing at him.

oh i used to love hair bob mum who was always right and wanted to speak to the manager! 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good Series to watch as well it's called Rostered on (Netflix)

Few years ago I had just served a guy, gave him his receipt and change etc and then the guy looks at his change and screams out “you’ve given me 20p, I shouldn’t have any change you idiot” i thought he wasn’t being serious at first and was just like “well that’s the change you’ve got” then he started screaming and kicking up a massive fuss because he thought I gave him 20p by mistake and the whole time I was just trying to stay calm with him. So then I just asked “So, you don’t want your change? You don’t want your 20pence?” Then he just threw the 20p at the till and walked out swearing and shit and I was like oh cool, what a nice guy.

Then I come into work about 2 days later and my manager pulls me into the office and tells me a customer has submitted a formal complaint against me. I’m just there all puzzled and had no idea who would have done that. Turns out it was Mr. 20p guy and he called up saying a load of bullshit saying I was rude and aggressive etc when I really wasn’t. Manager was just like “yeah he seems like a bit of a twat it’s all cool”. Then a week later I get pulled into the office again and now the guy decided to take it upto HR which results in me being put under investigation and them having to come down and check cctv/mics etc. By viewing the footage and all they saw I didn’t do anything wrong and it was just dropped there. All this over a guy not wanting his 20p change. 

Then another time some girl about 16-17 came in to hand in a CV and I was like okay cool, then she walks over to the wines and I’m like mhm, because she clearly wasn’t 18. Anyway, she picks up a bottle of wine and heads towards the back of the store, I thought this was a bit dodgy as it’s a common thing for booze shoplifters to do so I just check on the cctv monitor and there she is putting the wine in her bag and about to walk out before I call someone to go get it back. Starts being all apologetic and stuff and I just asked her “It’s not really that smart to hand your CV in and then try shoplift” and she starts denying that it’s even her CV. Manager decided to check the name and it is indeed hers. 

Two weeks later she comes back in and comes upto the till asking “Would you ID me if I haven’t got any” and I said “well yeah”. I start to recognise her face but wasn’t completely sure so I kept an eye on her. She heads to booze and tries to do the exact same thing again where she takes a bottle of wine to the back and tries to smuggle it out in her bag. We got it back and I never saw her again.

I’ve dealt with so much shit in retail, mainly shoplifters being my biggest annoyance. I still think the funniest shoplifter I caught was a guy who came in and took a lot of cheese packs and started shoving them down his pants. I confronted him and made him empty them into a basket and in the process his pants kept falling straight down and he started trying to get really aggressive but I just couldn’t stop laughing at him.
Omg there some nutters out there,

A few months ago couple weeks I was looking at the  CCTV on my till keeping an eye on this woman saw her grab 4 cans of Stella, she walked around the corner unsuspecting of the CCTV there and popped the cans in her bag, Bam I poke my head Around the corner asked her to put the cans back, she said she didn't take and, all I had to do was point at the camera and she gave up. Thankfully she left with out a fuss. in this line of work it's rare but it opens your eyes to how much this shit goes on, and how bat shit crazy people are! Like the guy who said he didn't need to pay for the drink cause he was Jesus đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

I wish dealing with shoplifters was rare. I think the lowest I’ve ever had in one shift was 3 that i caught.

I wish dealing with shoplifters was rare. I think the lowest I’ve ever had in one shift was 3 that i caught.
I ment it's not rare to deal with, kids are the worst and drunk adults as well, always get gobby mostly threaten to knock you out or what ever. I've lost count on the amount of people I've banned but I remember every single one, tho they try to come in whilst im busy but I still get them 😂

Man I've gotta tell you.

I am not a retailworker but I honestly have respect for you guys.

The amount of shit you have to deal with is ridiculous.

Used to work in a large electrical retailer used to love the Christmas period when people try picking up 40-50inch TVs and try and walk out! One of my colleges got ran over by a fleeing shop lifter!

Back