What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Revamp drug-trafficking by giving Cayo Perico drug-packages weight

AlfredW

Wiki Editor
Summary:

Give the drug packages picked up by gangs on Cayo Perico weight in order to add more depth to drug trafficking.

Instead of the current meta, imagine if the RP path was by a small Cessna plane from Cayo Perico to Sandy, then in trucks from Sandy to your up-state storage containers, then its distributed amount your dealers and buyers. 

The Pros:

Whilst realize this might be a controversial suggestion as it is changing up the current status quo and meta, I hope that giving these packages similar weight to other items would encourage more interesting scenarios surrounding this island and its drug trade.

I remember when Cayo Perico was initially introduced and we were all sat speculating how we'd be flying small drug planes like Pablo Escobar and landing them on the Sandy Airfield, like something straight out of a movie, and how this drug-smuggling would be such an interesting and exciting new dimension. Instead we got packages which take up no space and are just transported on a teensy-tinsy motorboats straight from the island beach to the Los Santos beach, all carried in the inventory of one person. I really think this is such wasted potential.

The Cons:

Will inevitably change the meta which some will see as a con, and would require some changes to plane storage sizes, AA sites on the island, etc, but as I see it these as positives rather than negatives.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes - and account would have to be taken for how to balance out the added difficulty and risk, such as increasing the sell-price of these drugs, but the added depth I think heavily outweighs any cons. But the drug trade has been dead for the longest of time, and something fresh would be exciting. 

I think this idea you have could be a extra additional feature, but could be the 1 big package a gang gets a day or a week, instead of your usual small package, this could be a big big package that goes on cool down, could give all police a bit of work to do aswell with investigation, what times they usually go to this location, a pattern they do etc etc , now I like your idea a lot but if this was the normal ways to pick up gus, it would become one dimensional and police would most likely just be set up 24/7

I think this idea you have could be a extra additional feature, but could be the 1 big package a gang gets a day or a week, instead of your usual small package, this could be a big big package that goes on cool down, could give all police a bit of work to do aswell with investigation, what times they usually go to this location, a pattern they do etc etc , now I like your idea a lot but if this was the normal ways to pick up gus, it would become one dimensional and police would most likely just be set up 24/7
Yea you'd have to rework the system a bit in order to balance it between police and gangs not to make it a camping meta, but there are a lot of opportunities for creativity with it as well, with 3 different airports, a new aircraft dealership and many many more piers and beaches where trucks can lie in wait - with many a possibilities for cover stories and what not - boats could still be used for smaller transports, then dropped off on the shore and transported from there.

It's just sad to see the current stale - pick up your drugs, drive a boat, drive a car, put it away - meta, it has become mechanical, and is just a grid, no RP.

An additional twist.

Choose what package you're collecting. Without giving anything away, this is a prime way to introduce meth and heroin and even acid back in to the drug trade properly with minimal dev work. 

Pick it up in packages from gus. 

Increasing sell prices to balance risk/materials and here we go. 

I'd love some changes to the island tbh, its just no rp / afk simulator , same as the mines.

You could limit it to 1 run a day. A standard day if a gang does a few hours on the island is 3-5k coke. 

so let’s say for example you speak to your gus person and they arrange for your package to be delivered to the island. 

you get a text 30-90 minutes later stating that your package is ready for collection and you have to meet “the contact”

the NPC would randomly have between 3k and 5k cocaine in packages of 500. Each package weighing for example 25 inventory slots. In a plane however, it’s weightless.

this doesn’t completely wipe out the use of boats but encourages planes (don’t include helis)

so let’s say you load up the plane on the airstrip, gus would then text you once it’s all collected informing you which air strip they have managed to bribe the air traffic controllers at for you to get it back to the main land. You then HAVE to land at the airfield (dev work to force it)

here you have your trucks waiting as potentially you could have 500 storage worth of cocaine to unload. 

for a final part on the main land you could have set unpacking areas which are randomly assigned after landing which would enable the cocaine to go from packaged unprocessed to less weight unboxed unprocessed and finally driven away to be stored. 

just a random thought process but as it is now it is literally afk and collect simulator. 

Edit - this could be disabled completely between 8am and 4pm to allow it to only happen when there is risk and RP potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds cool, wouldn't even say you have to land at an airfield would be cool to see them trying to land a plane on the motorway with some cars blocking off the road, but then obviously people are going to report it to the police,  and have it you could either bribe ATC or you have to fly under a certain amount of Metres in the air to stay off the Radar +1 though sounds like fun

so let’s say you load up the plane on the airstrip, gus would then text you once it’s all collected informing you which air strip they have managed to bribe the air traffic controllers at for you to get it back to the main land. You then HAVE to land at the airfield (dev work to force it)

here you have your trucks waiting as potentially you could have 500 storage worth of cocaine to unload. 

Back