What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Roleplay and Robbery

Hey all, 

I've been playing on Altis a lot recently, and a lot last year.

However the format in which 'Roleplay' is acceptable is a bit twisted.

If Group 'a' stop person 'b' whilst they are mining in the salt flats for example and uses 'out of the vehicle or you will be shot!' as an 'initiation', i don't see how that is 'high roleplay'.

There is never any back story or meaning behind any robbery / murder in the server, it's always pure pointless robbery lol, where is the 'If you do as you are told you will be free to go, we just want the contents of the vehicle and you can be on your way' (maybe even co-erce person 'b' into driving to the selling point so that the goods can be sold by group 'a')

I dunno, i just see so many people moaning and filing reports for poor roleplay, but the general consensus i've seen is that most people can't roleplay properly, it's just categorized like:

• Stop your Vehicle
  • Zip tie you
  • Rob you
  • Get your Keys
  • Steal your Vehicle
  • Shoot you in the face

The other issue is how when you die you are supposed to have no knowledge of what happened to you in a previous life, yet if you have a warrant on your head, that comes with you lol.

I love Altis as much as anyone, it'd just be nice to see some gangs actually make a conscious effort to roleplay.

Hey all, 

I've been playing on Altis a lot recently, and a lot last year.

However the format in which 'Roleplay' is acceptable is a bit twisted.

If Group 'a' stop person 'b' whilst they are mining in the salt flats for example and uses 'out of the vehicle or you will be shot!' as an 'initiation', i don't see how that is 'high roleplay'.

There is never any back story or meaning behind any robbery / murder in the server, it's always pure pointless robbery lol, where is the 'If you do as you are told you will be free to go, we just want the contents of the vehicle and you can be on your way' (maybe even co-erce person 'b' into driving to the selling point so that the goods can be sold by group 'a')

I dunno, i just see so many people moaning and filing reports for poor roleplay, but the general consensus i've seen is that most people can't roleplay properly, it's just categorized like:

• Stop your Vehicle
  • Zip tie you
  • Rob you
  • Get your Keys
  • Steal your Vehicle
  • Shoot you in the face

The other issue is how when you die you are supposed to have no knowledge of what happened to you in a previous life, yet if you have a warrant on your head, that comes with you lol.

I love Altis as much as anyone, it'd just be nice to see some gangs actually make a conscious effort to roleplay.
First off I would like to say "out the vehicle ot you'll be shot" isn't good quality Roleplay, it's the poorest form of initiation that can be made, it's similar to "stop or die". People have been banned for that sort of stuff in the past.

Second of all, plenty of gangs RolePlay, when gangs don't Roleplay as a whole, they usually end up getting blanket banned

If someone executes you with no quality Roleplay, which is also against server rules, they will more than likely get banned if they were to be reported.

You might've just been unlucky with your Roleplay encounters recently.

He was stating that it was poor roleplay 
Just rethink that. "I don't see how that is high Roleplay" suggesting that he believes that people are under the illusion that this is considered as quality Roleplay, however I said otherwise in my previous comment.

Yeah.. I didn't mean people consider it high role play I meant to the basic sense that it's used so often that it's become almost common practise in Altis, which is a shame as I always try to make up a back story even just meeting people in Kavala lol I've told some people my wife and son were kidnapped, my truck stolen as well as my money and passport lol so I can't get out of the country I'm stuck homeless 

Back