What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Roleplay with no "vocal cords"

Toma

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Hello guys,

Today I tried a new aproach to the civ life, I decided to say in chat "My vocal cords have been cut out by the cartel, I will have to write on a pice of paper everything I want to say" every time I need to speek to someone, and then developing the backstory. It was going well, even made a few friends like this. But the fun ended when I crashed into a wall... I decided to wait for the NHS to come and they did ! After I tried to tell my story the medic, he vanished.(probably he started contacting an admin) I wanted to make a new friend... but I guess not. After some time an admin came and told me that Im not allowed to play on the server with no mic. After verbaly explaining to him what I'm tring to do I also decided to go off for today. The admin did a grate job, but what I need answers to, is how should you roleplay If your caracter was indeed "muted" by a gang ? 

This was only an experiment, I do have a mic. and I'm using it.

Sorry for my bad english !

Hello guys,

Today I tried a new aproach to the civ life, I decided to say in chat "My vocal cords have been cut out by the cartel, I will have to write on a pice of paper everything I want to say" every time I need to speek to someone, and then developing the backstory. It was going well, even made a few friends like this. But the fun ended when I crashed into a wall... I decided to wait for the NHS to come and they did ! After I tried to tell my story the medic, he vanished.(probably he started contacting an admin) I wanted to make a new friend... but I guess not. After some time an admin came and told me that Im not allowed to play on the server with no mic. After verbaly explaining to him what I'm tring to do I also decided to go off for today. The admin did a grate job, but what I need answers to, is how should you roleplay If your caracter was indeed "muted" by a gang ? 

This was only an experiment, I do have a mic. and I'm using it.

Sorry for my bad english !
Once had one unmcs hobo follow me on police patrol with no words said for more or less whole restart. It can be fun, people just have to be open minded about it. There afterall is alot of stuff what you can do, emotes what you can do with ur character etc. Just remember that as it is quite "out of the meta" people might not understand you, and you will run into situations like this. Best bet is to just roll with someone who understands that your RPing as a mute and can explain ur side of story if need be. That being said, I did never understand why this UNMC hobo was mute, but i think he liked helicopters alot...

Last edited by a moderator:
Once had one unmcs hobo follow me on police patrol with no words said for more or less whole restart. It can be fun, people just have to be open minded about it. There afterall is alot of stuff what you can do, emotes what you can do with ur character etc. Just remember that as it is quite "out of the meta" people might not understand you, and you will run into situations like this. Best bet is to just roll with someone who understands that your RPing as a mute and can explain ur side of story if need be. That being said, I did never understand why this UNMC hobo was mute, but i think he liked helicopters alot...
Ok ty ! I will try to do that with my friend.

Problem is, rebel gang Y robs you and you can't really protest the robbery or fight back as you can't quickly respond by throwing a note at the guy that's got s gun to your face.. you can roleplay when restrained as you'd have your hands behind your back and when you have your hands up you won't be able to talk either.. most likely won't be too fun for the rebel/cop if all they get is silence and the assumption you're a hobo with no mic.. presents an issue right? 

I honestly didn't think people would remember this. This was ages ago.

Back