What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Roleplaying before shooting

Pigiero

What are you supposed to do if you are chasing someone / trying to kill a guy who is robbing someone but without 'roleplaying' it's apparently classed as RDM ( but they turn around and shoot you either way )

Well this is a pretty in-depth question with a lot of contextual factors.

- Have you previously initiated on their life (With roleplay, not just "hands up or die"). 

- If it is an active gunfight you need to defend yourself / others around shooting someone without "roleplaying" with them is ok. 

I mean there are a lot of answers to this question not just one so it's hard to answer especially with so many contextual factors coming into play.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things you should not do. Run up to someone after getting out of your car and saying the words "hands up or die" You should also not try to initiate from a moving vehicle whilst the other person is also driving along in their car.You shouldn't then try and vdm them off the road and finally you shouldn't just jump out of your car take two steps and then start shooting without saying a word and rdm them...all of these things you did to me last night.You are lucky my plays.tv decided it didn't want to work..also if you do any of these things and the person asks you to come to team speak.Come to team speak don't sit in OOC and be  belligerent claiming you did nothing wrong.

One thing you should really do before you even connect to the server is READ THE F*****G RULES. 

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/rules here i'll even put a link to them.

What are you supposed to do if you are chasing someone / trying to kill a guy who is robbing someone but without 'roleplaying' it's apparently classed as RDM ( but they turn around and shoot you either way )
If you are planning on killing someone you must firstly do something called 'Initiating' this is a term used which can be simplified to declaring your intentions to the person you are going to be shooting. However, please take into consideration that "Stop or die", "Hands up or die" and Countdowns such as "put your hand up you have 5 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1" and initiating from vehicles is not permitted and are considered as RDM as no quality Roleplay has taken place.

It is also worth taking into consideration that shooting to kill should be a last resort and not the first decision to make. If your friend is being robbed you'd be better off initiating on the robber, turning the situation around robbing him/her and/or taking the player hostage. This can lead to much more funny, interesting and all round better Roleplay scenarios.

Also due to what Harry said I would highly recommend you to familiarise yourself with the Rules we have in place here at Roleplay.co.uk it could save you from being banned! (No-one wants that now do they xD

Anyways I hope this answered your question, if not please just let me know and I'll try to simplify it and go a little bit more in detail!

If you are planning on killing someone you must firstly do something called 'Initiating' this is a term used which can be simplified to declaring your intentions to the person you are going to be shooting. However, please take into consideration that "Stop or die", "Hands up or die" and Countdowns such as "put your hand up you have 5 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1" and initiating from vehicles is not permitted and are considered as RDM as no quality Roleplay has taken place.

It is also worth taking into consideration that shooting to kill should be a last resort and not the first decision to make. If your friend is being robbed you'd be better off initiating on the robber, turning the situation around robbing him/her and/or taking the player hostage. This can lead to much more funny, interesting and all round better Roleplay scenarios.

Also due to what Harry said I would highly recommend you to familiarise yourself with the Rules we have in place here at Roleplay.co.uk it could save you from being banned! (No-one wants that now do they xD

Anyways I hope this answered your question, if not please just let me know and I'll try to simplify it and go a little bit more in detail!
Thing is whenever I get 'initiated' I just get shot or robbed completely (e.g losing my hemmt truck full of blood diamonds)

Thing is whenever I get 'initiated' I just get shot or robbed completely (e.g losing my hemmt truck full of blood diamonds)
What type of initiation is given? So what does the person initiating say before killing/robbing you?

What type of initiation is given? So what does the person initiating say before killing/robbing you?
Literally the "Hands up or die" but in a different manner, e.g. "Your truck is now ours ok? Don't go get close to it", or I'm holding people up to rob them, group of 3 comes around, fully geared and tell me to put my gun down (I didn't because I knew what was gonna happen), so I lowered it but as I run around it automatically raises itself for the duration of the run, I kept telling them that I won't put down the gun because they will shoot me /restrain me ( which happened in the end).

Literally the "Hands up or die" but in a different manner, e.g. "Your truck is now ours ok? Don't go get close to it", or I'm holding people up to rob them, group of 3 comes around, fully geared and tell me to put my gun down (I didn't because I knew what was gonna happen), so I lowered it but as I run around it automatically raises itself for the duration of the run, I kept telling them that I won't put down the gun because they will shoot me /restrain me ( which happened in the end).
In the case that 3 people come around a corner and are fully geared and tell you to lower your weapon, you lower your weapon. Otherwise your not valuing your life but more valuing your gear which is frowned upon. And if someone with a gun tells you not to get close to the truck, don't get close to the truck. It's a very common sense based rule, if your told Not to go near the truck by people who are armed and you still do well then I mean what are you expecting?

In the case that 3 people come around a corner and are fully geared and tell you to lower your weapon, you lower your weapon. Otherwise your not valuing your life but more valuing your gear which is frowned upon. And if someone with a gun tells you not to get close to the truck, don't get close to the truck. It's a very common sense based rule, if your told Not to go near the truck by people who are armed and you still do well then I mean what are you expecting?
Thing is people don't do that, I tell someone to lower their gun / put their hands up, i shoot because they start aiming the gun at me and call out RDM

Thing is people don't do that, I tell someone to lower their gun / put their hands up, i shoot because they start aiming the gun at me and call out RDM
Yet again, what are you expecting if your trying to rob someone who has a gun in their hands? It's not making a whole lot of sense to me.

See to be honest, there is no need for a fucking essay of initation. Just make it clear you are going to take their head off if they don't surrender and give them enough time to comply. 

See to be honest, there is no need for a fucking essay of initation. Just make it clear you are going to take their head off if they don't surrender and give them enough time to comply. 
problem with that is they could be roleplaying as a difficult person (I've had fun rp with people who are like that) or you could knock them out you don't always have to shoot . The reason for such lengthy initiation rules is some times there could be an issue with responding so when your typing a // note to let them know and you get shot well its not fun is it, it also stops other people from just shooting you so be thankfull these rules exist

Last edited by a moderator:
problem with that is they could be roleplaying as a difficult person (I've had fun rp with people who are like that) or you could knock them out you don't always have to shoot . The reason for such lengthy initiation rules is some times there could be an issue with responding so when your typing a // note to let them know and you get shot well its not fun is it, it also stops other people from just shooting you so be thankfull these rules exist
If I get shot I don't sit and cry doing // because I broke my mic, its a me thing not a them thing. If they're being a difficult person thats their RP and it'll get them shot lol

Back