What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

RP Based Legal Jobs

DannyGT

Brief Summary:

Rather than having autopilot jobs such as trucking and mechanic work, RP based jobs would allow small scenarios to take place from small conversations to backdoor businesses ran alongside pre-existing ones.

Hear me out.

Detailed Suggestion:

Currently, jobs like fuel trucking, mechanic pickups, food delivery and fishing have next to no player to player interactions. Before I get into more detail, the aforementioned issues are by no fault of the devs, it's just a simple way to earn money and is extremely well executed through the various systems put in place. However, bringing in jobs such as fast food employees, actual mechanics and mechanic shops to fix or modify cars would provide the stepping stones for RP to flourish in and out of these activites.

For instance, having employees in a fast food place would provide more ways of legal income but also the ability to RP game mechanics that need to be carried out. For instance, having to actually cook or prepare food rather than being able to buy a truck load full of already cooked burgers would allow people to prepare and place orders when they come in. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you need to start baking bread or bottling water but things like Full English Breakfasts or Burgers could have more of an input to them making them not only more valuable but also crucial to businesses based solely on food. In terms of actually selling the items, being served or placing orders would be alot more interactive rather than walking up to a cash register and seeing every food item under the sun. Bare in mind, the ability to buy bread or snacks could still be a possibility, just less beneficial in terms of filling hunger and or thirst. This would make the more expensive food items such as sodas or burgers more of a viable choice rather than everyone living off Fruit Smoothies or a Full English. Finally, this would open up the ability for food deliveries to become player based aswell. Allowing orders to be taken from the stores and delivered to houses or locations a player chooses. Furthermore, this could opportunities for food delivery vehicles such as UberEats and JustEat (obviously changing names due to licensing).

As for mechanics and workshops, this would allow yet again more jobs to be introduced that are based solely on player interactions rather than "NPC job is here, take xyz to location". In terms of mechanic work, the pre-existing foundation can be built upon by taking vehicles that are broken and fixing them up at workshops. This would allow only mechanics and employees of the mechanics to fix vehicles rather than having everyone be able to fix their cars in 60 seconds. This would provide scenarios in various situations such as street racing, police chases or someone simply getting carried away with their new import purchase. Yes, it may seem tedious at first glance but it would prevent everyone driving like maniacs unless they really have to. Another avenue to explore with these workshops/mechanics could be vehicle customisation. Rather than being able to instantly customise cars at your leisure, only select people within the city are able to do so. I'm not saying every mechanic becomes Xzibit, but having player owned Los Santos Customs or Benny's would mean the owner and employees are the ones to customise your vehicles and they can take a small cut by doing so. This could create business links between dealerships as someone could provide a discount if you shopped at a specific dealership.

I'm fully aware of the jobs that are already RP orientated, such as player vehicles being towed or repaired by mechanics, taxi jobs requested by players and large groups of people fishing together. Multiple people I know are already capitalising off of these businesses with side hustles such as selling drugs to new people in town when they order a taxi or selling repair kits to people who call mechanics after they've totaled their lorry. I'm just simply making some suggestions that can further increase the amount of scenarios provided to the player whilst being able to earn a small income.

Overall, the additions may be a little far fetched and difficult to code. Personally I believe the possibilities the pre-existing buildings and companies provide are perfectly reasonable to capitalise upon in order to provide some more RP into situations in order to keep things fresh and meaningful when you're in the city. These different avenues would allow players within the city to choose a path that is more diverse than simply clocking into a job to earn some cash.

Finally, a small addition to these jobs could be items that can only be obtained when in these particular jobs. For instance tools that are needed for robberies could be provided by mechanics. Food that is needed for events can be provided by restuarants or delivery jobs. Linking these activities together would create more of a community that isn't so heavily reliant upon gangs fueling the economy but at the same time provides necessary items, or the means of which to obtain them, that allow crime to take place.

On a complete tangent, the addition of sports related businesses could be a means of income aswell. For instance, owning one of the many pre-existing tennis courts around Los Santos could provide the owner with a drip feed income of people looking to hustle their friends or hosting a Tennis tournament. Doesn't generate any money from thin air like other jobs do but is a place where people can spend money for leisure or to make bets about who is going to win all through RP.

The Pros:

More RP for day to day activities.

More means of legal money making that isn't auto pilot/easy to do for ridiculous sums of money.

Fixes some issues outstanding within the city such as every Tom, Dick and Harry being able to Cillit Bang their car and it's fixed.

Whitelisted job paths means not everyone is a level 4 mechanic, Formula 1 Takeaway and Taxi driver, long haul truck driver, expert fisherman and a Park Ranger in the space of a week.

The Cons:

Issues may arise that no mechanics are in the city to fix vehicles, therefore some way of doing so will have to be implemented when this situation becomes apparent.

People fighting for ownership of businesses.

More money into an already inflated economy.

People may have to wait a long time to be able to customise their new vehicles (Not really a flaw in my eyes, more realistic if you ask me.)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

The change in balance isn't necassarily drastic in terms of -insert gang name here- being on top, rather in the sense of economy change. All in all the additions would be a drastic improvement in terms of activities within the city, without greatly affecting the balance of things on the server.

Apologies if this got a bit drawn out, just been sat on this idea for a while and I understand the great lengths devs would have to go to in order to get even one or two of these ideas implemented. Much appreciated if you read through it all! 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
actual mechanics and mechanic shops to fix or modify cars would provide the stepping stones for RP to flourish in and out of these activites.

As for mechanics and workshops, this would allow yet again more jobs to be introduced that are based solely on player interactions rather than "NPC job is here, take xyz to location". In terms of mechanic work, the pre-existing foundation can be built upon by taking vehicles that are broken and fixing them up at workshops. This would allow only mechanics and employees of the mechanics to fix vehicles rather than having everyone be able to fix their cars in 60 seconds. This would provide scenarios in various situations such as street racing, police chases or someone simply getting carried away with their new import purchase. Yes, it may seem tedious at first glance but it would prevent everyone driving like maniacs unless they really have to. Another avenue to explore with these workshops/mechanics could be vehicle customisation. Rather than being able to instantly customise cars at your leisure, only select people within the city are able to do so. I'm not saying every mechanic becomes Xzibit, but having player owned Los Santos Customs or Benny's would mean the owner and employees are the ones to customise your vehicles and they can take a small cut by doing so. This could create business links between dealerships as someone could provide a discount if you shopped at a specific dealership.
:)))) Big O'll +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the new fishing changes the store is no redundant so im never there like I used to be. Maybe things will be different soon if they fix it.

But overall big plus 1 from me lad +1

Back