What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

RPUK REDM?????

Ey, just same as GTA with some cowboy stuff, whats wrong with wanting to dable
You sound like a gambling man with many losses to your name, Such type of person is worth betting against!

Because that dable will cost hundreds of hours in development time, a cost of 2 new dedicated servers (one for the game and one for voice) 

A large part of this community would need to be interested as they are the ones who pay monthly for the servers  and by the size of this thread I would say that’s not the case…

personally I wouldn’t want to ride a horse for 45 mins across a map to find someone to put on a cowboy voice…  that will get old quick, there definitely won’t be any UK theme to the server 

You must consider then if the numbers are there for a new server and how long it will take for RPUK to provide a new unique experience 

Then there is the recruitment of new devs that are interested in REDM, you wouldn’t want to take the current ones off the GTA project and if you did do they have the time and passion for REDM (talented trustworthy devs are hard to come by)

Then you must wonder if that dable is going to have an adverse effect on people playing GTA here on RPUK a project that a lot of people has put a lot of work into including the community who run businesses, factions gangs, not just the devs and staff

How long term REDM is going to be, are some of the players there just bored of GTA Roleplay but will abandon REDM soon as the novelty wears off 

What will be the case when a new game or a new GTA game gets released, how many players will stick with REDM then 

That’s just a few of the many considerations management must ponder and explore before a dable!

…. If the next reply is but you can flick a switch and buy slots and have a REDM server up in minutes on xyz shared server provider I am never reading this forum again! 🧐

I also think you and you might agree with me here that you are a little naive if you don’t think a community the size of Roleplay UK and with the wealth of experience it possesses that large considerations was not made on the first REDM release and constant monitoring on the market haven’t been made since 

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 I think splitting the community between two different games in terms of devs, staff and players is a bad idea it definitely contributed to the downfall of the Arma server and would have a negative effect on either a new RedM server or the FiveM one.

You sound like a gambling man with many losses to your name, Such type of person is worth betting against!

Because that dable will cost hundreds of hours in development time, a cost of 2 new dedicated servers (one for the game and one for voice) 

A large part of this community would need to be interested as they are the ones who pay monthly for the servers  and by the size of this thread I would say that’s not the case…

personally I wouldn’t want to ride a horse for 45 mins across a map to find someone to put on a cowboy voice…  that will get old quick, there definitely won’t be any UK theme to the server 

You must consider then if the numbers are there for a new server and how long it will take for RPUK to provide a new unique experience 

Then there is the recruitment of new devs that are interested in REDM, you wouldn’t want to take the current ones off the GTA project and if you did do they have the time and passion for REDM (talented trustworthy devs are hard to come by)

Then you must wonder if that dable is going to have an adverse effect on people playing GTA here on RPUK a project that a lot of people has put a lot of work into including the community who run businesses, factions gangs, not just the devs and staff

How long term REDM is going to be, are some of the players there just bored of GTA Roleplay but will abandon REDM soon as the novelty wears off 

What will be the case when a new game or a new GTA game gets released, how many players will stick with REDM then 

That’s just a few of the many considerations management must ponder and explore before a dable!

…. If the next reply is but you can flick a switch and buy slots and have a REDM server up in minutes on xyz shared server provider I am never reading this forum again! 🧐

I also think you and you might agree with me here that you are a little naive if you don’t think a community the size of Roleplay UK and with the wealth of experience it possesses that large considerations was not made on the first REDM release and constant monitoring on the market haven’t been made since 
You ain't wrong, resources etc that would be needed would end up being a gamble etc. I Didn't think of it that deep at first, my initial thought is simply a 'ooo a European based REDM server'. 

But no, I ain't a gambling man, I think you are looking too deep into what I meant, the idea is great in simple terms, the execution and resources of such was not considered in me thinking something is great. Just a simple thing of seeing a cool idea and liking it. Think this is a whole lot out of nothing Chief! 

And no I am not niave. I do feel Asif you are having a dig for digging sake here.

Considerations of course would of been made, just because people want to talk about the potential of such things on a forum, doesn't mean they are questioning decisions made.

Back