What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Some clarification on the pistol whiping. Is it allowed or not?
You are able to knock people out without you even being able to see their weapon. You can just go:Draw - SHIFT G - SHIFT H. Perhaps introduce another unwritten/written rule that you are not allowed to knock people out unless your weapon is fully drawn (so when your hud is no longer red). Just very silly, unfair and unrealistic 

Here is an example: 

https://gyazo.com/a60ad2743fe0894709f6d1e20aba3ee0

You are able to knock people out without you even being able to see their weapon. You can just go:Draw - SHIFT G - SHIFT H. Perhaps introduce another unwritten/written rule that you are not allowed to knock people out unless your weapon is fully drawn (so when your hud is no longer red). Just very silly, unfair and unrealistic 

Here is an example: 

https://gyazo.com/a60ad2743fe0894709f6d1e20aba3ee0
I agree, but in that video cops not need a weapon out to knock someone out

In relative to this, if cops can knockout without needing a weapon then why shouldn't rebels be able to do the same thing. I understand with PCSO and binoculars but if you are saying cops knockout without having anything in their hands, I don't see why civs can't do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Implement a rule about chases and accidents. If there is a chase and an accident occurs (unintentional VDM) then you would simply repair both vehicles and continue the chase instead of using the accident as an advantage for one party. It just prevents people from getting fucked over because of an accident. This way the situation will carry on as intended instead of being changed because of a VDM intentional or not. 

Here is just an example of where it could have been done: 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

7 hours ago, Cool said:

Implement a rule about chases and accidents. If there is a chase and an accident occurs (unintentional VDM) then you would simply repair both vehicles and continue the chase instead of using the accident as an advantage for one party. It just prevents people from getting fucked over because of an accident. This way the situation will carry on as intended instead of being changed because of a VDM intentional or not. 

Here is just an example of where it could have been done: 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
At the end of the day, this is a game, and people come here to play a game and get away from the real world, at this rate we might as well place a rule on everything. When entering/doing chases, it is the person who starts the chases fault if it occurs. Accidents happen and well, unfortunately, accidents happen to deal with it. Different story if it was on purpose

At the end of the day, this is a game, and people come here to play a game and get away from the real world, at this rate we might as well place a rule on everything. When entering/doing chases, it is the person who starts the chases fault if it occurs. Accidents happen and well, unfortunately, accidents happen to deal with it. Different story if it was on purpose
In that video alone there’s like 2-3 attempts at desync ramming. Cops always try that stuff and play it off as an accident and use it to win the situation 🙂

I’m all for a rule that states you can’t take advantage of an accidental collision. Yeah, it’s a game but it ruins all fun for the other side if you get “accidentally crashed into” and then they take advantage of that situation. 

Well like I said above if you think its "desync ramming" than it would be classed as  "VDM" which is why there is a function on the forums to report players. and leave it up to staff. Adding said rule will hinder RP and slow down everything on the server.It will make everyone second guess themselves. Get on with the crash its a part of most chases on the server and real life

Well like I said above if you think its "desync ramming" than it would be classed as  "VDM" which is why there is a function on the forums to report players. and leave it up to staff. Adding said rule will hinder RP and slow down everything on the server.It will make everyone second guess themselves. Get on with the crash its a part of most chases on the server and real life
It is unfair and not fun for the losing party

It’s funny because only a cop would say that. Once you see how unfair and one sided it is from the other side then maybe you’d think differently. It’s an issue which can easily be fixed with a new rule and it would help make everyone’s time more enjoyable. Not just the cops.

The general rule of thumb with this is knock someone out once the animation of you pulling your weapon is complete, the other party will see the animation about half a second after you've done the animation so give it time for the other party to see the weapon drawn before knocking out.

Implement a rule about chases and accidents.
This will be discussed in the next rules meeting. 

The general rule of thumb with this is knock someone out once the animation of you pulling your weapon is complete, the other party will see the animation about half a second after you've done the animation so give it time for the other party to see the weapon drawn before knocking out.
Thanks for clarification on that

Can Poseidon areas protected by specific rules against attacking them (like the main base) actually have a zone around them and have the same rules surrounding them as a blue zone? I get that it makes sense that you would be able to flee to a military compound in a fight or while being chased (just like you would a police station) but gameplay wise it just seems a bit broken when if it were done with police you would be banned. Perhaps a purple or orange zone?

I among many others think that the rules/gameplay mechanics behind bases and havens like Kavala PD and Poseidon Main base should be the same.

Can Poseidon areas protected by specific rules against attacking them (like the main base) actually have a zone around them and have the same rules surrounding them as a blue zone? I get that it makes sense that you would be able to flee to a military compound in a fight or while being chased (just like you would a police station) but gameplay wise it just seems a bit broken when if it were done with police you would be banned. Perhaps a purple or orange zone?

I among many others think that the rules/gameplay mechanics behind bases and havens like Kavala PD and Poseidon Main base should be the same.
I agree with this, should be the same for everyone tbf.

(6.2.5) Retreating to a blue zone while being engaged in a gunfight is not allowed.

Can we get clarification on "engaged in a gunfight"? Is it actively in a gunfight getting shot at, and if someone pushes away can they then go back to a station, example shots fired by rebels in Athira, we bring them to NPAS. is that in breakage of 6.2.5

(6.2.3) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the blue zone. This rule does not apply to the police.

I cannot stress enough how much this rule requires clarification: Making it clear as to whether this includes or excludes the act of lockpicking handcuffs within the zone itself; I've seen it raised before and there's reasonable arguments for/against both sides.

I feel it would help avoid an awful lot of confusion over an arguably "Grey" zone, and serve to provide either a chance for some skillfull Criminal Roleplay - Or further protection for the Altis Police Force.

(6.2.3) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the blue zone. This rule does not apply to the police.

I cannot stress enough how much this rule requires clarification: Making it clear as to whether this includes or excludes the act of lockpicking handcuffs within the zone itself; I've seen it raised before and there's reasonable arguments for/against both sides.

I feel it would help avoid an awful lot of confusion over an arguably "Grey" zone, and serve to provide either a chance for some skillfull Criminal Roleplay - Or further protection for the Altis Police Force.
I think its lesser known but apparently you can lock pick people out of cuffs in blue and green zones.

this may be completely wrong ,but not going to lie I have done it infront of admins and well they didn't bat an eye.

Back