What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

(3.2.1) Quick messages to another player in direct chat must be prefaced by the syntax "//"

Why is this even a rule? Is it not obvious that if someone is typing 'come to teamspeak after please, X lobby' that it's intended for out of character means? What would it mean if i didn't put the syntax? would that mean i am breaking character and therefore subject to a ban?

(3.8.2) As any other party: Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. 2 minutes should be given to comply before taking action. 

I would like this to be changed to this 

(3.8.2) As any other party: Warning shots must be issued with 3 rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. 2 minutes should be given to comply before taking action.

As at the day time you are unable to see tracers and as a rebel I nearly never use weapons which can contain tracer ammos

(3.8.2) As any other party: Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. 2 minutes should be given to comply before taking action. 

I would like this to be changed to this 

(3.8.2) As any other party: Warning shots must be issued with 3 rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. 2 minutes should be given to comply before taking action.

As at the day time you are unable to see tracers and as a rebel I nearly never use weapons which can contain tracer ammos

I think you used copy and paste twice ;).
You might want to change the '...changed to' to something that has been changed xD :)

I think you used copy and paste twice ;).
You might want to change the '...changed to' to something that has been changed xD :)
I'm going to underline the part which is missing from the second part just that you can see it :)

I'm going to underline the part which is missing from the second part just that you can see it :)

rip. Silly me.

(3.2.1) Quick messages to another player in direct chat must be prefaced by the syntax "//"

Why is this even a rule? Is it not obvious that if someone is typing 'come to teamspeak after please, X lobby' that it's intended for out of character means? What would it mean if i didn't put the syntax? would that mean i am breaking character and therefore subject to a ban?
Cus its direct chat not ooc chat and im think some people type direct for rp purposes.

Everybody who knows me, knows I am quite liberal. I don't like major rule changes, especially for rules that are here for ages. But I think there is an imbalance between the forces.

I think the following Rule should be changed:

(7.2.5) You may not write in sidechat that you are robbing the bank. This is your operation with the friends/members that are there with you. You may not call for backup, only those on site at the beginning of the heist may take part. The UNMC or Police may return after NLR timer is up however non-whitelisted civilians may not.

to

(7.2.5) You may not write in sidechat that you are robbing the bank. This is your operation with the friends/members that are there with you. You may not call for backup, only those on site at the beginning of the heist may take part.

I suggest this as a police officer, who tries to bring balance. I am not bias in any way, as this would obviously mean I as a police officer wouldn't be able to go back after 15 minutes. However, there is only a couple of groups who could actualy do the H.M. The H.M. is meant to be end-game level, therefore really hard to win. But rebels are just not able to win it anymore (often it doesn't even matter of many they are, as there will be a stream of cops going in again). I seek for balance, instead of dominance.

Edit: I think this returning after 15 minutes should only be changed for the h.m., as situations sometimes require more people to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to +1 Daniel on this, and this is the first time I have actually noticed that UNMC is allowed to come back. That seem really unfair to me in both ways of actually playing the game and roleplay. Rebels cant come back which makes sence in roleplay because usually when a group of criminals robs the bank and they all, they dont really have a back-up unit. For police it is the source of income, the biggest treasure to protect. But the UNMC.. In roleplay the came to invade, taken over some territory. The H.M. is something that they, as a military force, seperate some forces to do because lets say they have enough sources to spend. But at the same time. They have to manage their whole territory, the checkpoint, FOB, base, airfield, blackmarket, Sofia. Lets say 20 UNMCs are doing bank, 10 dies. Even 20 is enough already and then the 10 come back again,  how could possibly UNMC force with such limited sources because they are basically on their own, in the end its only one regiment, to spend on a thing that they are doing just to earn money, send a message or whatever.

In the end my conclusion. I dont think that in the RP this makes any sence what so ever, and I think as a rule should be cancelled so that UNMC. even as a white-listed faction, can not come back to the H.M. unless transport stage.

In clear protest of this rule I don't follow it. It's unneeded, you're not allowed to use text chat for RP Anyway... I'll gladly take that ban to get the rule changed, another unneccesary rule of many that limits you for no apperant reason what so ever

In clear protest of this rule I don't follow it. It's unneeded, you're not allowed to use text chat for RP Anyway... I'll gladly take that ban to get the rule changed, another unneccesary rule of many that limits you for no apperant reason what so ever
You can use text chat for emotions etc. That is the reason why ooc is separated with // that is the plan atleast. People just have forgot it here...

Angellfall> * leans towards the wall while speaking.*

Rules updated today. All feedback before this post has been taken into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
what really annoys me is when you are robbing people people ask how do you put you're hands up. it completely ruins the roleplay scenario for me. 

The rule where in compensation requests you only get money for what you had, even though you had something that cannot be "bought", should be changed, i feel if you had a weapon or vest that could not be aquired normally in the black market or dodgy daves, you should be allowed compensation by the item itself.

(9.1.7) As stated in the general rules: CSO's and PCSO’s are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage at these ranks: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort.

The ranks in the police have changed now so there are no  longer any CSO's. Maybe it should just be cahnged to YR and PCSO's.

(7.1.1) Taking hostages must be roleplayed to a very high quality. Please note if taking police hostage CSO's, PCSO's and unarmed negotiators cannot be taken hostage.

&

(9.1.7) As stated in the general rules: CSO's and PCSO’s are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage at these ranks: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort.

CSO's are no longer a thing, PCSO and probationary pc are. 

Not sure if this has ben brought to your attention. 

(9.1.5) Off Duty - While off-duty however you must not abuse your role as a cop to help out your friends. (For example: Removing bounty’s of your gang members)

Redefine this rule because it doesn't really make sense?

Fantastic set of rules. They are all fair and exactly how any other community should be ran. I have been on this server for a few days and have not seen anyone disobey the rules, I am well and truly impressed with how these rules are enforced and how they are not just there to deter people, but are actually there to keep the community save and the players within.

(6.1.6) You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden.

(9.2.4) Combat Reviving - If combat is in effect, or shots have been fired within the last 5 minutes, the area is not safe to enter for rescuing the injured. Therefore, you cannot revive at this time. This rule is exempt for civilians using defibrillators.

- Do these Cover Dragging Downed People from a Gunfight to a Hospital? If so it happens way too often! Also Perhaps if it does there could be a separate rule to reiterate that Dragging Downed people from a Gunfight To a Hospital is A Big No?

Reading over the rules again, i have noticed that some rules say "punishment is a ban" "punishment is a kick/warning" whereas some rules don't have anything stated at all. 

With this it could provide ambiguity in terms of what is actually a bannable offence.

for example, I recently saw a person banned for 9.2.2 which is a rule regarding medics to consult with the nearest officer, now I didn't actually know you could be banned from the server for not complying with an officer in this respect (because in terms of RP, you take a Hippocratic oath to save lives) , I thought it was more of a roleplay medic punishment.  

TL;DR

I think it is confusing (particularly for new members) that some rules state the punishment whereas others don't. It should be an all or none situation I believe.

(made just for you staff to bring up, post originally in suggestions) x

For rules feedback discussion: 

Specific NHS Rule: (9.2.4) Combat Reviving - If combat is in effect, or shots have been fired within the last 5 minutes, the area is not safe to enter for rescuing the injured. Therefore, you cannot revive at this time. This rule is exempt for civilians using defibrillators.

@DuncanXP311 put this here for discussion at staff rules meeting.

Back