What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

(4.4) If you are restrained and communications have been removed you must not be active on any other forms of communications other than direct chat. (Punishment is a ban)

i don't know off to many radios that are voice activated, so i feel it should be reworked too:

(4.4) IF you are restrained you are not allowed to use any other form of communicatoin other than direct chat. (punishment is a ban) or do anything that woud require the use off hands, including taking items from vechicle storage.

you are restrained / handcuffed act like it.

Edit 05/10/2017

Added a “few” things below that i think should be considered as well.

First off the common sense rule, i’ll be blunt, people don’t use it too much, myself included.

Let me explain what i mean, this is a game, we act completely different within it then we would in real life when it comes to common sense, and to be fair, it’s quite understandable, it’s a game after all, we play it to have fun, and to apply common sense to every aspect of the game would ruin it.

This is a roleplay community and it’s centered around roleplay, but gunfights are unavoidable and i will be the first  to admit a good gunfight might brighten my day, but ruin yours or vice versa, and here is where the trouble starts…… and sadly people start ruleplaying.

Scenario: Cop vs rebel ( or rebel vs rebel or whoever.)

We are in a massive shootout at kavala drug dealer, i’m up on a hill trying to locate enemies / Shooting at them, then i notice a car approaching the area, it stops then starts driving around where the gunfight is taking place, now driving completely off road, up the hills around drug dealer, knocking down walls, driving behind buildings, i only see that they are wearing rebel clothing nothing more, but they are in fact just some wanna be rebels who bought some clothes to look cool and haven’t seen proper gunfight in a while, fair enough right?  But too me as a cop, it looks like he is trying to locate police officers and giving their location to our enemy, because i don’t know a single person who would drive into a gunfight and actually stick around unless they had something to do with what was going on.

So applying logic to that wanna be rebel, in my eyes he is an enemy trying to locate officers and get us killed by revealing our location. So within the current rules i have 2 choices, leave him alone (ignore him until he does something i can act on) or break my cover run over towards their car and tell them to leave the area or they be deemed involved.
(btw cars are faster than me, so me catching up to it would be a miracle)

Now, noone in their right mind would break cover and risk being shot, but you can't have someone driving around giving up yours or your teammates location.so what can you do? Currently not too much.

Rule:

Therefore i propose this rule, seeing as it is a RP community: If you approach a gunfight that you are not involved and linger in that area for over 30? Seconds you will be deemed involved by either party and is fair game. This applies to helicopters, cars, trucks or whatever vehicle you decide to roll up in.

I would like to add this aswell, what rule it fall under but it’s common sense at least.

This applies to UNMC  AND Police seeing they are whitelisted factions and you need separate initiation on them.

Scenario:

I’m doing my patrol, i see 2 hemmits cooking meth at the meth processor, so i call in backup to apprehend the drug traffickers, when we arrive there, they start driving off, we follow suit and after a little bit a convoy of UNMC starts showing up, we assume the hemmits called for backup from the UNMC to protect them, fair enough.

Now as police, we are now starting to be outnumbered, far away from back up, while following the hemmits, we have an npas heli above that receives ATC warnings to stop pursuit or be engaged, as police officers we aren’t suppose to back down from criminals unless outnumbered heavily which we aren’t, yet, but we have now made initiation on the hermits and started opening fire to disable their vehicle before they are able to sneak into UNMC lands and out off our reach, now the UNMC are doing everything they can to prevent us from apprehending the drug traffickers without actually initiating,

Now it’s very hard to actually get an initiation off on an SUV or hatchback sport that is driving.

Therefore there isn’t much we can do about the UNMC even tho they are blatantly helping them reach their border.

Under the common sense rule, we should be able to shoot the UNMC even tho we haven’t initiated on them but we can’t because they are a different faction.

But seeing as they are making them self involved by helping them escape they should be as i said considered involved and doesn’t not require initiation on.

Rule:

So the rule would be along these lines: If the UNMC is helping in anyway illegal way, blocking the road for the police, pointing weapons, giving ATC warnings to NPAS helis, spotting for them etc. they are considered involved in the situation and dealt with accordingly this rule applies if the UNMC is helping the police detain a rebel faction.

Now i would like to mention it would require sufficient evidence of them helping and that it’s not just them driving back to their lands.

If it’s a too long a read, try only reading the “rules” and not “scenario”

(you may ask, shouldn’t this be in the beginning? Yes it should,)

Now having said the few things i wanted to mention.

I want to add this last thing :)

i  get that especially the second scenario might not be the best solution, it might spark a lot more gunfights between the factions and it might turn into a pew pew fest.

But now the first scenario i think no one would find  hard to swallow.

I lied, this is the last thing i’ll mention ^^

I would like to see the common sense rule apply a bit more to things that are OBVIOUS but rules prevent you from acting without making 100% they are involved even tho they are taken you hostage.., (a small joke please forgive… ) but yeah, that’s all

So ill thank you, that 1 Person who managed to read this entire thing.

#when you put more work into this then you would an exam.....

Spelling errors are ofc google's fault for not correcting, not mine.

Regards

Niyorah

Last edited by a moderator:
So I do admit spending a lot of time camping the red zone to punish others that go there. Considering the amount of time I have spent there I have come across a few issues that I believe need ironing out. The main issue that I have come across this that people believe once a gunfight is happening that it is the same as any normal gun fight where anyone with a gun is fair game to shoot if they are in the area, therefore people believing they can shoot at people that are outside the red zone that has a gun but this is not the case. I believe that if someone has entered the red zone, started getting shot at then they decide to walk, drive or fly out that they are still fair game to be shot and killed. I also think if you manage to get yourself a hostage inside the red zone then you may keep them there as long you role play with them.

Current Rules:

[SIZE=medium]Red zone specific rules:

(6.3.1) All other server rules apply in the Red zones with the exception of the RDM rule.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](6.3.2) Hostages are not to be taken into the Red zones.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](6.3.3) For Red zone specific rules to apply, both shooter and victim must be inside the Red zone.[/SIZE]

Edited Rules:

(6.3.1) All other server rules apply in the Red zones with the exception of the RDM rule.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](6.3.2) Hostages are not to be taken into the Red zones, however if you obtain a hostage while inside the red zone then you may keep them there considering you still provide high quality role play.[/SIZE]

(6.3.3) For Red zone specific rules to apply, both shooter and victim must be inside the Red zone. Only exception being that if someone is engaged in the gunfight and tries to leave the zone then they are still liable to be shot.

So the other day I was restrained by the police as I killed an officer with a rook. While restrained another gang initiated on the police and began having a gun fight. During the gunfight a few UNMC members were running around the rebels and police calling out all there positions out which I just find stupid because in real life you wouldn't be running around in a middle of a gunfight giving information to people you would be running for your life. I could understand standing from a safe distance and giving the information out that way whether that that be texting or on radio but not while standing right in the middle of it all.

(X.X.X) Standing in the middle of a gun fight giving information out to either parties of the positions of people that are in the gunfight while not involved is not allowed, however you may watch from a safe distance and give information out that way either using text or radio communication.

Edited Rules:

[SIZE=medium](6.3.2) Hostages are not to be taken into the Red zones, however if you obtain a hostage while inside the red zone then you may keep them there considering you still provide high quality role play.[/SIZE]

(6.3.3) For Red zone specific rules to apply, both shooter and victim must be inside the Red zone. Only exception being that if someone is engaged in the gunfight and tries to leave the zone then they are still liable to be shot.
You’ll have to forgive if my quote above cuts anything off, I’m on mobile at the moment.

Your suggestions are good, but refer to cases that are already permitted. We try not to add ‘if’s’ to the rules and instead list things that are simply prohibited by the rules. In the case of your suggestions you can already do those things. 

If somehow you capture someone in the redzone you may keep them there, the reasoning behind the rule is to prevent people taking hostages to a location where negotiations are impossible (due to the ability to shoot on a whim)

If someone is fleeing a gunfight by leaving the redzone, that interaction does not end at the ‘border’. You can continue to give chase. Just be careful to keep it obvious that there is an ongoing pursuit, following ina helicopter 5km away is likely to cause issues.

There is an unwritten rule about police, I feel like it needs to be clarified as it's what failed me during my FTT. It's a rule about FailRP, the rule is you must get the suspect to raise their hands before restraining them. The rule is unwritten but a rule, so myself and others may have or will come to this problem. I feel this needs to be addressed as it's an "Unwritten Rule".

There is an unwritten rule about police, I feel like it needs to be clarified as it's what failed me during my FTT. It's a rule about FailRP, the rule is you must get the suspect to raise their hands before restraining them. The rule is unwritten but a rule, so myself and others may have or will come to this problem. I feel this needs to be addressed as it's an "Unwritten Rule".
Is it not obvious that you cannot slap cuffs on someone that isn’t in a position to defend themselves? If they’re wielding at item like a firearm or binoculars, how does it compute to be able to restrain them?

It Is the same for rebels and zip tieing.

So the other day I was restrained by the police as I killed an officer with a rook. While restrained another gang initiated on the police and began having a gun fight. During the gunfight a few UNMC members were running around the rebels and police calling out all there positions out which I just find stupid because in real life you wouldn't be running around in a middle of a gunfight giving information to people you would be running for your life. I could understand standing from a safe distance and giving the information out that way whether that that be texting or on radio but not while standing right in the middle of it all.

(X.X.X) Standing in the middle of a gun fight giving information out to either parties of the positions of people that are in the gunfight while not involved is not allowed, however you may watch from a safe distance and give information out that way either using text or radio communication.
This should 100% be implemented, its always annoying when people give out info with no fear because if they get shot they will just call RDM.

This should 100% be implemented, its always annoying when people give out info with no fear because if they get shot they will just call RDM.
If they are giving out info and you know they are 100% doing so, they are deemed involved so you can shoot them :D afaik

I think that is something what needs more clarification from the police academy side to new players in police and so is more of internal police issue: There is no rule about it like you said. However there are no unwritten rules either. Common way to restrain someone is to put them in the restrains by asking them first to put their hand in air, like you described. It is just something what most of the community is doing, but not the only way. You can for example ask the person to get on the ground. You can ask him to turn around for you so you can restrain him. Withing common sence rule you are just in need of to do it as "realisticly" as possible. So no insta restraining if the guy got his gun out or he is just standing in front of you etc. Border line is, if he is willing to be restrained then how you restrain him is up to your RP, please try to be somewhat realistical about it however. If he is not willing to be restrained then incapasitate first and restrain him after that.

TLDR; There is no rule about failRP, nor there are any guidelines what is classed as failRP. The rule what you should be referring to is 1.7 as it is the only rule dictating restraining remotely. That in mind: Restraining people after they put their hands up is not the only way.

If they are giving out info and you know they are 100% doing so, they are deemed involved so you can shoot them :D afaik
Not the case as ive been told, initiation in some form must be given to people who are suspected to be spotting before they can be shot. Which is stupid.

Not the case as ive been told, initiation in some form must be given to people who are suspected to be spotting before they can be shot. Which is stupid.
Not so black and white. If they are clearly involved, you can blast them. You cant just go drive around in a gunfight and expect the rules will protect you, that will not be the case. Here is abit older report as for example from this kind of behaviour. And the result explained abit better By old staff member. While the report might be from a abit different situation described, fundaments of the situation stays the same. Obviously it should come without saying that this does not mean that you can just blast people in middle of kavala "because you think they where involved and in midle of the gunfight".

Is it not obvious that you cannot slap cuffs on someone that isn’t in a position to defend themselves? If they’re wielding at item like a firearm or binoculars, how does it compute to be able to restrain them?

It Is the same for rebels and zip tieing.
That's not what I'm getting at, its the fact if you've got them standing infront of you calm, even if you're going to announce yourself doing so it's still failRP.

I think that is something what needs more clarification from the police academy side to new players in police and so is more of internal police issue: There is no rule about it like you said. However there are no unwritten rules either. Common way to restrain someone is to put them in the restrains by asking them first to put their hand in air, like you described. It is just something what most of the community is doing, but not the only way. You can for example ask the person to get on the ground. You can ask him to turn around for you so you can restrain him. Withing common sence rule you are just in need of to do it as "realisticly" as possible. So no insta restraining if the guy got his gun out or he is just standing in front of you etc. Border line is, if he is willing to be restrained then how you restrain him is up to your RP, please try to be somewhat realistical about it however. If he is not willing to be restrained then incapasitate first and restrain him after that.

TLDR; There is no rule about failRP, nor there are any guidelines what is classed as failRP. The rule what you should be referring to is 1.7 as it is the only rule dictating restraining remotely. That in mind: Restraining people after they put their hands up is not the only way.
If that is the case then I should have not been failed, however as you said it is something that needs to be clarified. I feel that the rule should be written down so it is concise and to the point, explaining what you can and can't do. I know that instant restraining someone is failRp that's common knowledge is it not? It's just the RP side of it too needs to be clarified a little better is all.

That's not what I'm getting at, its the fact if you've got them standing infront of you calm, even if you're going to announce yourself doing so it's still failRP.

If that is the case then I should have not been failed, however as you said it is something that needs to be clarified. I feel that the rule should be written down so it is concise and to the point, explaining what you can and can't do. I know that instant restraining someone is failRp that's common knowledge is it not? It's just the RP side of it too needs to be clarified a little better is all.
Like I explained earlier, there is no such a rule withing the rules as failRP. FailRP as a meaning is something what realisticly could/would not happen or something what happened was not part of the RP story. FailRP is to do with the roleplay NOT with the game mechanics. Your issue is withing the exploitation of gamemechanics. If devs would want this to be different then obviously only way you could put someone to in restrains would be IF they would have their hands up or IF they would be incapasitated. However the system is there to support wider variety of RP and thus does not limit you into certaint pattern.

Rules are not there to tell you what you can do they are there to tell you what you cant do. Now it would be abit hard to list every single thing what you cant do because alot stuff changes how you RP comes accross. I do agree that there should be some guidelines set from certain situations and this could be one of those. But as when starting to thing that restrains are mostly being used by more seasoned members of the community this issue starts to be quite small compared to alot of other issues.

Then what comes to cops its for the police command and obviously academy to decide how they want to train the new officers about restraining. As why your issue should be more directed towards the police academy as like stated rulewise nothing is saying you cant do it differently as long as you meet the standards in use. Personally I would strongly recommend to explore for new ways to restrain people to make the proces not too repetative and to introduce bit new things into it.

Can we get some rules added about Darters been seeing cops using them more and more and would like to see some rules about them?

Cna I just shoot them out the sky if I see one or do I need to... 

Can we get some rules added about Darters been seeing cops using them more and more and would like to see some rules about them?

Cna I just shoot them out the sky if I see one or do I need to... 
They are inanimate objects.. do you roleplay with a rock before shooting it? I’d be surprised if you do.

They are inanimate objects.. do you roleplay with a rock before shooting it? I’d be surprised if you do.
Well with the state of Arma's rocks you should be scared of them one wrong move and they'll end you quicker than a bullet to the head.

But thanks for kinda clearing it up, in the future I will shoot the darter out and wait for the peeping tom to come look at my face to face.

@Edgar Ville (1.9) How will you guys find out if a person is lying? You can put a false age on the forums and lie at the interview. I heard a lot of people with deep voices at the age of 13-14. They are still in those factions : - | 

@Edgar Ville (1.9) How will you guys find out if a person is lying? You can put a false age on the forums and lie at the interview. I heard a lot of people with deep voices at the age of 13-14. They are still in those factions : - | 
I think that rule is more or less meant to make people think twice before lying about it. Since yes there is no real way to prove it. 

they find out from applications if you are underage say your 16 but in a previous one you are 14. That's the only way I know of them finding out

I think that rule is more or less meant to make people think twice before lying about it. Since yes there is no real way to prove it. 

they find out from applications if you are underage say your 16 but in a previous one you are 14. That's the only way I know of them finding out
We have other ways of finding out, the internet is a big place. 

Back