What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Why not? Are you unable to roleplay without restraining people?
Way to put words in my mouth. Of course I am, as a matter of fact I often don't restrain suspects unless needed. But the point is that as police there are still a lot of time where we restrain people, not even mentioning the times when we have to (searching people, sending to jail etc).

Well if you've crashed and just been revived, are you in any fit state to be arresting people?  Would definately work.
I get what you're saying and of course in real life you probably wouldn't be fit for doing any work for some time if you just crashed and couldn't even stand up without medical help. But the thing is that this is still a game. Arresting is a big part of police work wether you (or I) like it or not and to take that away for 15 minutes is a bigger problem than it might seem. Sure I can run around Kavala for 15 minutes, until someone gets killed and I can't do anything about it because I can't arrest him...

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you're saying and of course in real life you probably wouldn't be fit for doing any work for some time if you just crashed and couldn't even stand up without medical help. But the thing is that this is still a game. 
Yes, that’s precisely why I’ve raised the issue. This is a game.

however with the current situation, one side are given an automatic ‘win’ against the other, so it’s hardly fair is it. 

Yes, that’s precisely why I’ve raised the issue. This is a game.

however with the current situation, one side are given an automatic ‘win’ against the other, so it’s hardly fair is it. 
First of all, if the only way a rebel feels he can win is through a gunfight he's probably on the wrong server. Secondly, I don't actually think it should be all too fair (to a degree of course). Rebels choose to be rebels, that's a risk they take and with that comes the possibility that they are arrested. I understand what you're saying, I really do and in a way I agree with you, but I think it would take away too much from the police side of things to be viable. Maybe there is another way this can be more balanced?

. I understand what you're saying, I really do
I don’t think you do. 

Example, cops and rebels involved in a car crash. Medic comes, prio officer, officer gets up first. Then he arrests the rebels on the floor for whatever reason. And they’re is absolutely nothing they can do. Because he got revived first. 

I don’t think you do. 

Example, cops and rebels involved in a car crash. Medic comes, prio officer, officer gets up first. Then he arrests the rebels on the floor for whatever reason. And they’re is absolutely nothing they can do. Because he got revived first. 
Okay I see what you mean now but then I think rule 5.4 is the wrong place to look. Although I can see the problem you're talking about I think there is a better way to fix it than to limit us restraining people for 15 minutes.

All of the above has been discussed at the rules meeting 29/04/19. Changes are soonTM

If police says hands up or taze/knock down , can i say that my teammates will shoot police. No matter how minimal roleplay has been, if rebel hears those lines, is rebel allowed to say that hes friends will shoot officer.

Lets say whole roleplay has been only hands up or taze and rebel says back hes line and whole cluster fuck starts(Police gets shot after he tazed). Who is getting banned poor roleplay? Rebel or police
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/95588-the-state-of-roleplay-and-“initiations”/?tab=comments#comment-543332

(2.12) NHS Medics -The NHS are here to help and revive people and have less than 10 slots on the 130 slot server. It is a bannable offence to kill a medic, take their vehicle, take them hostage or rob them. In the Redzone medics may be killed however all other rules regarding medics apply.

Should be amended to include damaging NHS vehicles. At this time there is not rule to say you cant disable their helicopters/cars. (e.g i can actually shoot a medics tires without it being against the rules or even worse, threaten to shoot their heli down 😮.)
At risk of using the term loosely, apply common sense (1.7), if you are unable to shoot at medics or steal their vehicle shooting at their vehicle will not end well, as for shooting their heli down, they die and you end up back at 2.12.

(5.3) When you respawn:

Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired.

This should be amended as far too often people sit literally 1km from where they died waiting to get involved. not to mention a lot of gunfights span a lot further than just 1km. 

I think simply adding "Your character cannot return to the same situation within 15 minutes" (Combat or otherwise) would be a viable solution
If your concern is that gunfights span further than 1km, the phrase "be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired." catches that. If you can give me a common example of an RP scenario that stretches that distance that isn't already covered by the following then we will look further into it.

(5.3) When you respawn:

Your character does not remember any previous roleplay situations.
Your character does not remember where any of its vehicles outside the garage are
Your character does not remember any previous enemies (your killer/robber etc)
Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired.
Your character does remember their friends & gang members

Let's say you're sitting in the back of a van and you're being chased, but luckily you have a spike strip on you so you decide to deploy it at the back of the car and the pursuer gets spiked. Would be using spike strips while in a vehicle be allowed?
No.

Friends have initiated on some people you in the radio when they hot-mic it, gun fight breaks out you drive over to the situation get out your car right next to one of the people your members have initiated on you start talking to them and pointing out fake information to where your friends and allies are. Overall if I'm having a friendly conversation with the person that has been initiated on can I just pull out my gun and gat the fucker since I was in the radio when they initiated on them?
Scummy, but it is very similar to backpacking weapons which others have pointed out. There are some nuances of the situation I would like to see for myself before I would be comfortable giving a definitive answer as I am aware of a UNMC member getting banned for something similar to this in the past. The difference with his case that I can recall is that he was roleplaying with the police officers at the same time as other UNMC were "initiating" on police further down the hill  near Altis Metal and he leveled his firearm and shot the two cops he was talking to, and I believe he was banned for poor/low quality RP/RDM.

Green zones are “Safe” areas where players are able to convene without hostile interruption. They are not safe havens from the law however, Police can attempt to arrest you.

Should be changed to:

Green zones are “Safe” areas where players are able to convene without hostile interruption. They are not safe havens from the law however, The faction that controls the territory where the zone is located can attempt to arrest you.

This could help prevent situations where civilians flee to NHS Pygros in an attempt to avoid the cartel, additionally, there has been an issue today where police officers attempted to arrest members of Poseidon while inside of NHS Pygros, changing the rule could prevent future issues surrounding NHS Pygros.
As I had the benefit of hearing about the situation that prompted this, it may well be covered by the abuse of zones rule. The reason we elected not to change this is it then requires a cascading change of rules, as Poseidon need to draw weapons to knock you out, which requires 2 further rule changes. We will be keeping a close eye on this.

(6.1.2) Lethal weapons must be holstered in green zones at all times. Breaking this rule can result in being kicked from the server.(6.1.3) You must not knock out and rob other players in a green zone.

(2.8) Threats to report 

why is it against the rules to say (ooc) “I am going to report you” 

surely it shouldnt be a bannable offence to tell someone you’re going to be placing a report, if anything it allows them to know what’s coming and prepare any evidence/defence they may have. 
"Please only attempt to make this contact in effort to resolve the issue, not to antagonise the other player/users/members." - "I am going to report you" "Reported" "See you on the forums" is not an effort to resolve an issue and just incites the other party to start an argument in OOC which then affects 100 or so other people who don't care.

(5.4) When you are revived/downed:

You may not actively enter or continue any combat situation for the next 15 minutes. 

Should be altered to include restraining people aswell. Example; cops and rebels injured in a gunfight, all taken to hospital. If you are too injured to fight, I dont see how you're well enough to detain people either.

Even if there is 5 rebels and only 1 cop there, The cop gets prio from the medics and is up first. Then he goes about insta restraining every rebel as soon as they are revived. I dont see how this is a fair game mechanic and gives police officers a substantial advantage. 
It is the staffs view that the above should already be incorporated into 5.4, and that the officer should be making an active effort to get other police officers to arrest anyone who needs arresting, if they themselves are still under 5.4. Staff have been made aware of this and we will be keeping an active eye on it going forward.

@Greater007 @YoCo @Danish @Tom Cliffoff @Joe Malley

Redzone will be leaving us... I have listened and watched over the last few weeks and it is simply not working out and not for us.
Although I have only had a couple experiences in the redzone by which there was any sort of fire fight, what I have seen is there is no RP involved except by team members. I guess a team, or individual can make a little bank. And I suppose there is a certain satisfaction to holding a zone, or zones.  But all I see is  It's kill, or be killed.  Shoot first, loot, and maybe ask questions later.   Looks more like a military conquest.  And it doesn't seem to matter who is involved.

I know I have harped on the subject regarding the Island by which SOME people seem to find more pleasure in robbing, killing, looting RDM, VDM, and anything else they can find to amuse themselves at the expense of others.  Rather than finding something positive to do, with some good RP.   The crime rate on the island is out of control  lol.

Maybe have one of the outer Islands designated were people can go and have it out with each other, away from the mainland...  Maybe, a new redzone that offers a nice bounty for the group that holds that area.  And if those people stray off that little area, they get banned for 3 months before they can appeal.  2nd offense is 6 months, 3 strikes your banned for life.

Maybe that would keep those few looking for blood off the main island and away from regular citizens just trying to enjoy life on the island.  The same 3 strikes should also apply for offenses on the mainland.   I mean if people are unwilling to follow the rules, and derive pleasure in the suffering of others,  Then how is that benefiting the game, or other players... I joined this game to have fun, meet new people, and have some quality RP.  Not to fear for my digital life at every turn, or be robbed  just trying to earn a few bucks.

Point in fact, a couple weeks ago I was pulled over by a couple BUSTERS.  It all seemed ok in the beginning,  They were just asking questions, when they pulled their weapons and the game was afoot.  They knocked me out 5 times while they laughed, shot up my vehicle, robbed me, then left while laughing.  The whole time, I was trying to RP with them.  But they were not interested.  Those are the sort of people who ruin the game.  And unfortunately, there are a lot of people just like that running unchecked on the island.    And why didn't I report them?  Well, I was so PISSED at what was happening,  I had forgot to take screen shots  lol.  I was just out for a Sunday drive in my new Jeep.  Enjoying the game when all that crap went down.  Ruined it that did.

Anyway,  lol.  sorry.  an opinion turned into a rant.  probably not the place for that.  Seems that's all I do lately is rant.  Well, that's enough from me...    I guess I need to find a way to enjoy the game, or leave it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>  Yes, I know  lol  <<  This post was an old post I responded to.  My Bad...  Total NOB move and I own it.   Next time I will look for the posting date before I comment. 

simpson3.jpg

Although I have only had a couple experiences in the redzone by which there was any sort of fire fight, what I have seen is there is no RP involved except by team members. I guess a team, or individual can make a little bank. And I suppose there is a certain satisfaction to holding a zone, or zones.  But all I see is  It's kill, or be killed.  Shoot first, loot, and maybe ask questions later.   Looks more like a military conquest.  And it doesn't seem to matter who is involved.

I know I have harped on the subject regarding the Island by which SOME people seem to find more pleasure in robbing, killing, looting RDM, VDM, and anything else they can find to amuse themselves at the expense of others.  Rather than finding something positive to do, with some good RP.   The crime rate on the island is out of control  lol.

Maybe have one of the outer Islands designated were people can go and have it out with each other, away from the mainland...  Maybe, a new redzone that offers a nice bounty for the group that holds that area.  And if those people stray off that little area, they get banned for 3 months before they can appeal.  2nd offense is 6 months, 3 strikes your banned for life.

Maybe that would keep those few looking for blood off the main island and away from regular citizens just trying to enjoy life on the island.  The same 3 strikes should also apply for offenses on the mainland.   I mean if people are unwilling to follow the rules, and derive pleasure in the suffering of others,  Then how is that benefiting the game, or other players... I joined this game to have fun, meet new people, and have some quality RP.  Not to fear for my digital life at every turn, or be robbed  just trying to earn a few bucks.

Point in fact, a couple weeks ago I was pulled over by a couple BUSTERS.  It all seemed ok in the beginning,  They were just asking questions, when they pulled their weapons and the game was afoot.  They knocked me out 5 times while they laughed, shot up my vehicle, robbed me, then left while laughing.  The whole time, I was trying to RP with them.  But they were not interested.  Those are the sort of people who ruin the game.  And unfortunately, there are a lot of people just like that running unchecked on the island.    And why didn't I report them?  Well, I was so PISSED at what was happening,  I had forgot to take screen shots  lol.  I was just out for a Sunday drive in my new Jeep.  Enjoying the game when all that crap went down.  Ruined it that did.

Anyway,  lol.  sorry.  an opinion turned into a rant.  probably not the place for that.  Seems that's all I do lately is rant.  Well, that's enough from me...    I guess I need to find a way to enjoy the game, or leave it.
...... 03/02/2016 

I apologize to everyone for this post!   Clearly, I need to pay attention to the dates of posts, before making a fool of myself...     

(7.1.7) Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. Enough time should be given to comply before taking action.

Think rebels should be able to send police dispatches if its an NPAS(police) heli, because it pops up on their screen just as an ATC does and would work the exact same way, without us having to reveal our location.

(7.1.7) Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. Enough time should be given to comply before taking action.

Think rebels should be able to send police dispatches if its an NPAS(police) heli, because it pops up on their screen just as an ATC does and would work the exact same way, without us having to reveal our location.
I agree should also add Poseidon Into this aswell

Could work but people do have Police heli in their own garage so could cause issues with miss communication

Could work but people do have Police heli in their own garage so could cause issues with miss communication

Back