What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

(4.3) Scouting teamspeak - Searching through Teamspeak to see what police/rebels are doing (e.g. Seeing police are in Bank/Hostage operation room, then acting on this information)

(4.5) Using the stats.Roleplay.co.uk stats page to gain information about players or gangs and then use that information ingame is considered metagaming.

(4.6) Stream Sniping - If you are on the server or have a friend on the server do not watch someone who is live streaming on our server and use their location information or information from that stream to meet up with them/kill them etc
These rules could all be combined into one generic common sense rule imo
i.e.

(4.x) Out of game information - Using out of game information sources (including but not limited to: Live streams, Teamspeak and Statistic websites) to influence roleplay, influence actions or build intelligence on other players is considered metagaming.
Edit

Perhaps with some exceptions specifically listed where it make sense i.e.

(4.x.1) In character forum posts (i.e. Buy&Sell, Mayor election and Newspapers), are not considered metagaming.

(4.x.2) Videos where use of a camera/recording is role played, are not considered metagaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so grateful for the rules and regulations of the server. I had the unfortunate experience of Olympia's "RPG" server and it was awful!  Dude would only say "Hand up or die" and that was it.  No RP at all.  The medic even admitted, it's not that much of a RP server.  Of course, I ran back home to  RPUK.  Keep up the great work!

It is never stated that an ARAC can carry a legal firearm, but at the same time it is not stated that they cannot. It is gullibility to believe a burly tow truck driver isn't packing a revolver. ARAC can not do illegal activity, so would murder by self defense be considered illegal activity (especially if an ARAC is being targeted because of known affiliation)? Also, since there is no rule saying that an ARAC can not be robbed, we're expected to be unarmed and a target? If we can't have a gun, can we have a taze? If we can't carry a weapon, make it where ARAC's can not be scrapped.

It is never stated that an ARAC can carry a legal firearm, but at the same time it is not stated that they cannot. It is gullibility to believe a burly tow truck driver isn't packing a revolver. ARAC can not do illegal activity, so would murder by self defense be considered illegal activity (especially if an ARAC is being targeted because of known affiliation)? Also, since there is no rule saying that an ARAC can not be robbed, we're expected to be unarmed and a target? If we can't have a gun, can we have a taze? If we can't carry a weapon, make it where ARAC's can not be scrapped.
Is a handgun with a firearms license illegal? No so you can and self defense also isn't illegal as long as reported to the police asap, scraping the arac vehicle is scummy as fuck though

Have to agree with Mississippi. Not gonna lie I've robbed him before because I new he was a sitting duck lol
i have no problem with being robbed, i just wanted to iron out the gray areas.

ps im actually enjoying the rp fued with ganja over the arac situation. it adds to the play style.

Can we change rule 4.7 to clear up some confusion and to make it more clear

change from this 

(4.7) When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing gunfights involving your group/faction for 15 minutes.

to this

(4.7) When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing hostile situations (eg. RBA or a Robbery) involving your group/faction for 15 minutes. 

(10.8) Police are not allowed to execute players. This was abolished in UK law in 1965 . (Punishment is a ban)

i did message two admins on TS. But I want to further my understanding of the rules, how is shooting an unarmed hobo of a vehicle that is stationary for 7 seconds not considered an execution? 

@Mad Yoke when I questioned the admin he said ‘I just wanted to see more’ ‘I asked to see 2/3 minutes before’ 

I asked how that made any difference to execution. And I was ignored

(10.8) Police are not allowed to execute players. This was abolished in UK law in 1965 . (Punishment is a ban)
The term "execute", for the sake of the rules, means "permanently kill" a player, and can only be done with a pistol. In this case, the player was downed by the police officer, not "executed".

The term "execute", for the sake of the rules, means "permanently kill" a player, and can only be done with a pistol. In this case, the player was downed by the police officer, not "executed".
Well you’re obviously clueless x 

if I have my hands above my head, and I’m not a threat to anyone, if a cop kills me. That’s an execution 

Well you’re obviously clueless x 

if I have my hands above my head, and I’m not a threat to anyone, if a cop kills me. That’s an execution 
Again, for the sake of the rules, 10.8 means " "permanently kill"  a player with a pistol. The meaning of the word "execution", just like in any other legal document, is given my the continous sense that is given to that word in the entirety of the text and not simply a single line/rule. If you have found any use of the word "execution" in the server rules that is not used to represent any other thing but " permanently kill a player with a pistol", please let me know ( as i truly haven't find it ! ).

Further more, i agree with you when you say that a police officer cannot DOWN someone that has his hands up and is not threat, even with perfect roleplay. In the case of that happening, although he did not execute the player regarding server rules, he has certainly broken police policy/government law, that is, the internal rules of the said faction. Punishment should be given by it's superiors in the chain of command. Not the server staff.

Unlike you, i cannot be certain that my interpretation is correct, you are simply not clueless but i am. But shouldn't the result of the report be clear? I trust the staff, they know what they are doing.

P.S: Since you use 10.8 to justify your argument, the abolisment of 1965 refereed in the rules regards capital punishment. Capital punishment is not the same thing as "having your hands in your head, not being a threat and being executed by a police officer". Capital punishment means all the legal processes, recognized by the UK judicial system that leads to a execution by the State. Even before the abolisment of 1965, having a police officer shoot someone with the hands up and posing no threat was and still is a crime. With that said, i further believe that breaking a 10.8, means that a police officer, instead of calling the medics and arresting the criminal player, beginning the legal processes of roleplay, decides to simply use a pistol and "permanently kill"  a player.

Well he shoots him, and he will die in 3 minutes if he bleeds out. So then it’s an execution? Cos he ‘permanently kills’ him. @Darthvade

I Shot a Poseidon member who was in ties the other day, (he didn’t look like he was but that’s besides the point) the guy in question and I both agreed that is execution, and after I checked with a few different admins they agreed aswell. If the guy is not currently capable to provide a threat and/or is about to be a threat, (like being in a stationary tractor) then it’s execution. In that case he seems to be slightly bugged as he didn’t look like he was in ties but still. I 100% Agree with @YoCo on this.

Well he shoots him, and he will die in 3 minutes if he bleeds out. So then it’s an execution? Cos he ‘permanently kills’ him. @Darthvade
Did the police officer called the medics? If yes, there is not much he can do after he downs someone but give him blood and wait. Even if the civilian bleeds out, i don't think it can be categorized as execution, in the server rules sense.

However, since the police officer acted wrong according to the police policy, he should be punish. If he did downed someone with his hands ups and being no threat, unless it was a mistake ( which i would find very hard to believe) the police command must act. I don't know the police policy as such i cannot say what they would do. But i would not be surprise if they blacklisted him from the faction as it was a very serious act.

I Shot a Poseidon member who was in ties the other day, (he didn’t look like he was but that’s besides the point) the guy in question and I both agreed that is execution, and after I checked with a few different admins they agreed aswell. If the guy is not currently capable to provide a threat and/or is about to be a threat, (like being in a stationary tractor) then it’s execution. In that case he seems to be slightly bugged as he didn’t look like he was in ties but still. I 100% Agree with @YoCo on this.
In that case i will wait for the staff feedback.

I will however add this:

Executing means either political killling or capital punishment. I havent' found any dictionary that describes executing as killing someone "that poses no threat". I think we simply tend to associate execution to a party having "all the guns" and the other " having nothing". But if what you say is true, that is " If the guy is not currently capable to provide a threat and/or is about to be a threat,  then it’s execution" i don't see why police officers cannot "execute" with a pistol any downed rebel in a gunfight ( in the server rule sense). According to what the staff has told you, if the downed rebels have a ilegal weapon by their side, they can be considered a threat or a to be threat. Having a threat justified, they will be able to "permanently kill"  a player with a pistol. And to me, that makes no sense and will break faction RP.

Let's wait 😁

(7.1.7) Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. Enough time should be given to comply before taking action.

with regards to a recent report, I noticed that a fully spooled up heli over 5 metres in the air was voice initiated on from the ground (above a fully spooled up taru, and beside a fully spooled up Huron). To my knowledge this was never allowed, and as per the rule ‘warning shots MUST be issued’ 

is it now acceptable to verbally initiate on helicopters in the air? 

In that case i will wait for the staff feedback.

I will however add this:

Executing means either political killling or capital punishment. I havent' found any dictionary that describes executing as killing someone "that poses no threat". I think we simply tend to associate execution to a party having "all the guns" and the other " having nothing". But if what you say is true, that is " If the guy is not currently capable to provide a threat and/or is about to be a threat,  then it’s execution" i don't see why police officers cannot "execute" with a pistol any downed rebel in a gunfight ( in the server rule sense). According to what the staff has told you, if the downed rebels have a ilegal weapon by their side, they can be considered a threat or a to be threat. Having a threat justified, they will be able to "permanently kill"  a player with a pistol. And to me, that makes no sense and will break faction RP.

Let's wait 😁
Ive seen someone (a high ranked officier) kicked out off the coppers because he shot a rebel while he was in cuffs. Pcc actioned for execution !

Ive seen someone (a high ranked officier) kicked out off the coppers because he shot a rebel while he was in cuffs. Pcc actioned for execution !
Yes, exactly. He was kicked out of the Altis Police Service because he acted wrongly according to their policy. He was not banned from the server since he broke no server rule.

Back